1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom June MD: 'Coquina- Eternal Destiny' discussion.

Jun 14, 2010

1. Oh wow, that's new then -- they wouldn't do it for me when I'd asked. Maybe they have a better shipper now. (I remember them posting about this when they did Sard.) It used to be that the cart couldn't even calculate it for two.

2. Jus throwing it out there - what if what we can see on her head actually isn't a skull, but is a type of shell?

3. That's always possible, although in the teaser it does have a convincing-looking nasal opening. >w< It would be kind of neat if it were... she'd be like some kind of caddisfly~ XD

4. Mmmh, could be! ;)
      She is definitely a water-type, for the name and the background they used.
      Nagini are often associated with water indeed... and that would explain the non-webbed hands. Because of that alone I don't think she's a fish, but...
      If she's a kelpie she'll have horse-feet.
      If she's a nagin, a snake tail but I don't see them going that far, I mean they never went any further than animal legs.
      She could also be a sea-beast but no fish... a dolphin? The skull on her head doesn't seem to have horns so it could be a dolphin's or any other large sea-animal.
      ... and let's not forget the selkies. ;)

Anyway I hope she'll disappoint me! :sweat I have a soft spot for anything "mermaidy". I'm not too fond of her face although I find her cute so if her fantasy parts don't blow me away, I'm safe.

5. She's the only Soom big girl they've ever released that I REALLY liked - no offense to the Beryl lovers and Breccia lovers and etc lovers. :D But her face is so honest and sweet and not super seductive, and I can't wait to see her body, she looks very slightly built and I like that. Plus the tan is gorgeous. Can't wait to see more!! Also, I don't think the thing on her head is an animal skull, or at the very least it has to be a non-mammal. It looks like some sort of shell to be even though it does have the nasal looking front. Ooh, I'm excited! If I collected bigger dolls I'd probably have to have her.

6. I also like the idea of having a smaller bust option! :D

7. By the way, it is be purely accidental as we all know what "coquina" means by now, but the adjective "coquin" (masculine) "coquine"(feminine) means "naughty" or "mishievous" in French. :lol:
      She kind of looks mischievous to me indeed! ;)

8. OMG - she's already SOLD OUT! Wow - they go THAT FAST?? :...(

9. Emerald: Soom just lists their new dolls as "sold out" before they go on sale, in a couple days she will be made available, and you'll have roughly a 3-week period of time to purchase her. Soom's MD's tend to be sold via a time span, and not "X amount of dolls only".

10. Oops. I see the definition of coquina was already mentioned in her discussion thread. Sorry for the duplication.

11. i'm thinking 'coq au vin' myself :) that's what color she is.

12. I love her face--it's strong and quirky. She's very intelligent-looking. Breccia was gorgeous, but a little "pretty-pretty" for my taste, so I like this new direction. It would be so cool if she was a kelpie--what a neat idea. I cannot afford her, anyway, but it'll be nice to see what people do with her.

13. I thought I read somewhere that the Pella dolls were being done by a different sculptor within Soom... I can see that the style is a bit different. She actually reminds me of the Rosette girls and a bit of Alk and Yrie, I wonder if the sculptor may be the person who did the Rosette line?

14. Oh - thank you, Rotted! I'm new to Soom but eventually would like to own one.

15. Ok her dress looks totaly snakey...I zoomed with my phone and see light scales on her dress!!!
      And she's has green grey eyes! Please be a snake!!

16. How exciting! Do Kelpies have scales? Maybe she'll be another type of sea sprite. Maybe one with wings and a fish's or snake's tail. If the tail is segmented, I'm doomed.

17. If she's something snake like I may be doomed, even though I'm still very unsure about her face.
      Snake parts would make up for the overwhelming sense of neutral!!

I agree though, and mentioned earlier on, that I just don't think Soom are putting the same effort into their female releases.
      Monzo had this huge brand new body (which I really didn't like, granted xD), a fabulous gargoyle concept, a strong faceup, great resin colour.. then for girls we get Breccia and now Coquina.
      Breccia was beautiful, and that new body was to DIE for, but she was just so netural and BROWN. Coquina at this point seems to be going to same way.

I cannot ever see me wanting a SMALLER bust on a Super Gem though. It would be so unbalanced, unless they've shrunk down the hips and everything.
      Bigger bust all the way!!!! ... unless they've changed the ENTIRE body to match a smaller bust, then that might be kind of interesting, if only the separate her from our other Soom dolls.

18. According to Wikipedia when I put "Coquina" in the search bar it came up with Coquina being a rock that is formed in association with marine reefs and is in the form of seashells or coral.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coquina

I am really interested in seeing what she is.

When do you think they'll put her up for sale?

19. Shes warming up to me, maybe with the right face up Ill like her more and I've seen females human with small bust and wide hips and to be honest its not a bad combo, it looks nice , i love big bust too but there is nothing wrong with a small bust and wide hips

20. How long are Soom's layaways?

TIA!