1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Legend Collection: Tremo - Fire Bird

May 7, 2012

1. Yeah, that is true. I saw that one asked a lot in another thread or two. The old fantasy parts do not fit on the new body. But judging by Tremo, there will still be new ones. I feel a little relieved, I was a little nervous they might stop making them. xD; They make such interesting and unique fantasy parts, I'd hate to see them stop!

2. Oh...I think I might be safe... phew!

His face sculpt is gorgeous and I can see what they were going for in some of the pictured but those wings are a cat toy waiting to happen ^^;

3. The wings are awkward on their own (and I find it very odd that Soom has made the feathers an option, but I'll let it pass), but I'll look forward to seeing people do their own thing with those wings. Personally I'd love to see someone style them as a fish or dragon.
      Those articulated claws are wonderful, I wonder how well he can stand.

I've noticed their stories are starting to make a bit more sense. But I don't think he's the god of the underground, so I'm not sure what's with their schedule there.

4. Hahah, those wings. XD Oh, man. <3 I am definitely not sold on them as wings, but I think I may be falling in love with them as crazy chitinous tentacle arms.

Luckily for me, I'm safe from the rest of the doll. His face is nice enough (love that nose, especially in profile) but nothing I need, and I'm not so sure about the claws. I love the claws they gave Galena and Sphaler, but this guy's toes are just a bit too spindly for me.

5. Well I'm glad that he has a new body type, I'm waiting for new pics!!!

On the other hand i don't like this doll much. I like his face though.

I hope they start making male SO dolls with the new body so I can have it <3

6. I still really like his face but those wings without feathers are hideous! I am also worried about his stability with the jointed talons. I love that he is available in the beautiful brown tan. I have a bt Chalco and love it. I also really like how the outfit looks but I have a feeling it would be shedding feathers constantly.

7. doh, so expensive! If they're charging $175 for that little bit of an outfit, how big is the markup on the doll.

Luckily I don't need him. So awkward. Something about his head looks wrong too, I think the lips are too wide or something. The only thing that really catches my interest are the talons.

Boo for the new body! If it's like the girl, then the parts are not interchangeable with supergem :-(

Also that message left on the Soom board is so rude! The doll is already made and released. Calling them names ("worms or raw sausages") is so classless and not-at-all-helpful to anyone.

8. For those of you complaining about the wings: you know that's how real wings look/work, right? Next time you're at the grocery store go find the whole chickens and look at the wings. They look like Tremo's wings when they don't have any feathers. I agree about stylizing them, especially considering they're supposed to blend from resin to feathers. Soom should've molded them with resin feathers or flames. But the fact that they look like wings without feathers doesn't bug me.

I also don't understand why you'd make the feathers optional. To me it's like making Heliot's horn optional. Sure, you might want the head without the unicorn horn. But in the meantime you have this giant forehead crater to deal with. If you order Tremo without his feathers you're going to have to come up with your own design. Which may be interesting, considering there's no real pictures showing how they attach to his arms. (I'm guessing via magnetic strips.)

All in all, not Soomed. I'm loving his fiery horns and those jointed claws. And I'm anxious to see comparison photos for the old and new bodies. But that's about it.

9. I have enough dolls on order already and I can't take those wings seriously, so I won't be getting him. I want to see some pictures of this new body though, and the claws are great.

10. Does anyone know if the neck size is the same on the new bodies as before? Can the old Super Gem heads fit on the newer bodies?

11. the new girl body seem to fit with old girl heads, hopefully it will be true for the boys too!
      I hope soom will give all of those infos soon <.<

12. Oh. Dear god. Jointed claws. /wrists I don't think that they will be hybridable on the old SG bodies, would they?

13. Got to say, those claws are awesome. And I like that the feathers are an option... if I were getting this guy, I'd want to put together my own feathers for the wings. But I'll just hope to see those fabulous talons on a female doll down the road... with better wings. ;P

14. Dollblue got her crab claws! ;) I left a note in the comments asking for a picture tour of the new body--I expect they are working on it already, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. I like the feet but the claws are too fragile for me--I ended up selling the Sphaler feet I had because the talons were too sharp and I was afraid either me or the claws would get damaged, and these are even sharper and more delicate. I really love his head, though, I think I will just lay in wait for a reissue a year or so down the line as a SO. Besides, there is another Legend in the pipeline, and if the Forest Legend is a faun, I'm going to be sending Soom money again. *_*

15. I remember people expecting crab arms with Clozel, so here's Soom listening to ideas. I find him spectacular when he's spreading his wings.
      I guess those feathers are optional because all these times MD doll's feathers have always been optional :lol:.
      People who are sensitive about feather products could still get him, too, that way.

16. lambdadelta I had not thought of the feathers being a problem for some people; then it makes sense for the feathers to be optional..though he looks so naked without them.

17. Those wings would be great for anyone wanted to make a praying mantis doll, since the feathers are optional.

18. Well, I must say... those poseable clawe legs are super, SUPER awesome!

But those wings! :lol: As a purveyor of all things winged... what was Soom thinking!? The feathers are a major no-no for anyone with a cat in the house. And they're optional? The wings look ridiculous without them. Really, this guy had so much potential to be awesome if Soom made full resin wings.

Ah well, I wouldn't have got him anyway (no more dolly budget after so many unexpected robot doll purchases... curse my twin dolly obsessions).

19. I'm thinking they didn't want to do the full resin back wings because of the weight on the articulated feet--I know Amphibel had trouble in her default state because her resin wings were so heavy they pulled her backwards, which is maybe why they opted for the wing arms instead of back wings, and partial feathering. Personally I don't like either wing arms or back cuts; I liked Beryl and Heliot's fluffy foofy feather wings, which yes, the cats would eat. ;)

20. I'm a bit... disappointed...

Even though the resin will look like a rotisserie chicken until properly customized, I feel like the wing-stump-arms have amazing potential. Imagine if they were feathered realistically?