1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Legend Collection: Tremo - Fire Bird

May 7, 2012

1. Cute, but something about those wings....kinda reminds me of chicken before you cook it in a frying pan, too bad the wings were not all feathers instead. He's not for me.

2. What a beautiful face-sculpt! He looks so real to me, too bad he doesn't come with a human head :( I am way too chicken to mod a limited head.

DEM WINGS THOUGH, definitely give off a chicken wing vibe. o_o'' I love the feathered part, it looks really nicely put together, but the resin part? I'm not sure what Soom was thinking there...

3. I like his face claws and head thing.
      The wings reminds me of something from silent hill without the feathers, maybe you could make a horror doll with him

4. I think Soom is gone mad. Nice head sculpt thou.
      The fantasy parts look incredibly ugly but I have to admit those feathers might have potential [if they weren't much too big (holy shit where should one pose the doll??) and if they weren't optional (!)].
      Anyway the price is ludicrous.
      I really thought they'd stop the male Super Gem body. Mega Gem is so much stylischer and more mature and male.

5. Well, I am with the majority of you - I can't get past those wings! They do look like chicken wings without the feathers on. It's a gorgeous face and a very interesting concept, but the wings just put me off. Ah well, I am looking forward to owner pictures, though!

6. His face is very beautiful, the sculpture seems to me very detailed and attractive. Actually I hoped that they would give us a human head too. I'm sure he might be stunning like a human. But the wings... The wings are awful, especially without feathers and it does not go as an option. It too much disappoints me. O_o

7. I love the face but unless a split pops up I'm out. I don't do fantasy parts except wings and I'm not into the chicken wings.

8. I love the talons! And I love the chicken wings... >.> Would DEFINITELY make them into crab claws, fishcake! But I don't like the face from the other angles than the teaser at all =/ Argh. So the question is now: to buy or not to buy regardless the face. If I could just access the Soom site to look at the crab... chicken wings again. It would really help xD. But it seems down?
      EDIT: Site is still there it is my i-net connection.

9. I would paint the arm parts black and do black wings. Then the chicken wings wouldn't be so noticeable.

10. Cat ^..^, you are making me think that someone ought to get a Souldoll Shiva-like chest piece, two Bix claws, and the two resin wings here.
      I can't decide if it would be amazing or horrible. XD
      But it's almost making me want in on a split for the arm parts. Hrm.

His face is rather pretty. I'd be too worried about the ears seeming delicate for myself (plus I tend to lean more toward guys with wide nose bridges, a little less common in the BJD world).

Oh well, at the very least, he does come with normal arms and some badass claws for folks considering him. The claws are also too potentially delicate for me, but I'd love to see people get it.

11. I'm.... not impressed. I actually like the old Super Gem boy body more than Mega Gem and this one, too much muscle turns me off. And those wings plus the price....:? Looks like I'm safe this round. Now to go get wings for my Saclase. :)

12. Hehe, Psycho Sukafu, I 've got a Saclase too... But he is actually even the main reason why I want Tremo's "crab wings" - one of those would be modded to be his arm ^^

I think I am more on the "to buy" side by now already. Wow, this were like 15 minutes? I think this time it is a fast decision. Now to find a financial possibility... XD

13. when I look through the photos on the repeat, Tremo really does grow on you :) the bird feet really sell the bird persona for me ... the more delicateness of these and the face suits the image of how a phoenix should look ... but the wings look really clumsy >_> he would look great with Galena wings ... def not tempted in any though (have no spare monies on another Soom anyways lol). The new body does look (a little too) ripped, or could be the blushing ... shame the photo shoot has covered the lower arms as my main gripe on the old Soom SG was the weedy forearms. Hopefully a Gem Gallery post will be soon up with pics of the new body :)

14. I actually think I like the wings - they're odd, but there's a lot of potential to work with. I've long been toying with the idea of modding my own set of resin wings, and these look like the would be a pretty solid base for that. Anyone interested in making finned arms or a different style of wings could get a lot out of them as well, with only a little sanding to smooth out the 'fire/feather' texture.

I also adore his opposable clawed toes (and think people are worrying too much about the stability - it looks pretty clear that the toes have a locked position that is just as stable as Galena/Euclase/Sphaler talons, and I've mostly heard that those dolls stand like rocks due to their massive feet). Specifically, the toes look like they can only bend inwards, which really shouldn't affect stability (and might even make it better on non-flat surfaces).

His head is alright (that profile :aheartbea), but I can't stand cleft chins and I hate the fat lips Soom have been giving all their guys since Epidos. Pouty is one thing, but just uniformly thick from side to side? Not for me.

The new body is also way too muscle-y for me. The thing I liked about male Super Gems was that they weren't unrealistic, roided out 'eight-pack' guys like most 60cm+ guys out there. I guess I'm lucky that I already have male bodies in most of the 'natural' colours (I'd only need to track down a CW body to complete the 'natural' colour set).

15. Please refrain from discussing the parts you wish to split for or that you are hoping to do a split outside of the Marketplace sub-forum. Posts of this kind are against the rules of DoA. Some posts in this thread have removed for this reason, please be aware and be careful.

16. Ice Mutt: i kind of think it would be fabulous. If it were hooved, it would be a horse shoe crab :D

17. I was intrigued by the face but...no human head? And that PRICE? :sweat

18. his face is beautiful and the outfit too, but nothing more for me...uff I'm safe this time and this is good, because he is so expensive!!

19. The Mega Gem body is just massive though, and quite a bit taller. Like the distinction between Iple's SID and EID lines. Not everyone likes huge, bulky bodies like that, or thinks that they're inherently more masculine than thinner body types. Personally I'd never buy a big Soom boy again if they phased out the SG line in favour of the bigger dolls.

After seeing the full doll, Tremo isn't for me, although he has a nice face and great talons. He's very expensive, and I really don't like those wings. I want to see some proper photos of the new body, though.