1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Little Gem Monthly Mini Doll discussion (part 7)

Dec 7, 2017

1. Haha, thanks! And yeah, Rae is likely to kick anyone's butt. If Little Gems had articulated hands, they'd probably be giving finger guns in the background.

And yes, I have seen it! I love the little fruits and veggies, bagels, and milk, although I prefer more realistic products for boxed and canned stuff. I collect the Shopkins Real Littles to use for those, they make pretty decent size food props for MSDs!

[​IMG]

Kris gotta eat his Pringles.

2. @Magnus Vale could you please tell me where did you get Simon's horn from? all your dolls' horns look awesome actually

3. Unfortunately, I don't actually know where they came from! A friend of mine was clearing out some BJD stuff she didn't need anymore, and she knows I love horns, so she sent them to me. Most of my other doll's horns come from Etsy sellers, though!

4. I'll check etsy, thank you! :)

5. @Magnus Vale - Have you seen the 5 surprise mini brands, they are really realistic. Some of the pieces are good 1/4 scale.

6. I may or may not have, just yesterday, ordered a couple of them on sale from Target. Because they were only 6.99 and I love miniature things, especially when they can be used as doll props. They also have non food stuff like toiletries too, right?

7. @Magnus Vale - Yup. I have a bunch from series 1 (white balls) and just got a few from series 2 (gold balls). They are really nice, you can even read the labels and they use really accurate colours for the plastic.

8. @xyuemoto Aw, now I'm excited! I can't wait for them to arrive so I can take some pics with my dolls! I love super detailed mini stuff, probably why I love beautiful dolls so much too.

9. Excited for Cheshire tonight! Has anyone ordered a Nor from the previous event in August? I know things are taking a while, but I've seen people get theirs already and I'm ancy for this boy XD

10. I’m also super excited for Cheshire! Can’t wait!

11. I'm also super excited for Cheshire! I really want one in light violet!

And I ordered a Nor in the August event! He's actually been here for a while, this is him:
      [​IMG]

12. @Magnus Vale their violet is so pretty. I’ll be getting a girl version in white.

13. He's so cuuuuuteee! Did you pay in full? I'm wondering what he hold up is on mine :c

14. @hannaliten It really is! I've gotten their grey before and loved it, so happy to be getting another fantasy color from them!

@Littlebirdzoom I technically layawayed him, but I made the last payment early. Finished paying him off on October 1st. He was sent out on the first of November, which was actually pretty fast! You should probably check in with them.

15. I would love cheshire in light violet, but I'm a little disappointed that there is no face up option. :(

Ive had my grail volo for a couple of years now but she doesn't have a face up and I have trouble bonding with her or taking pictures because of it. (My art skills stink and I'm hesitant about sending her off to an artist)

Do you think the violet shade for this cheshire will be similar to the more recent teeny gem version? Or the paler original shade?

16. OMG !!! He's so cute! Fell in love with nor!!! Wanna get one now :-)

Since it's "light violet", I think it should be similar to the recent teenie gem (Trachy and Lami). Soom has the most beautiful violet color range, my favorite would the "Pale violet", the one for B.isha.
      Also feel a little frustrated that no face up this time. I always struggle to find an artist.

#216 sweetpotato, Dec 24, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2021
    17. @Aliyahbetd I think it's similar to the newer resin color too. I like both, so I don't particularly care which one I end up with.
      I've actually just started doing face ups myself, so I'm not too worried about the lack of option, but I feel you about the nervousness of finding a good artist. I hope I'll be able to do my Cheshire justice. My Nor actually is my own work.

@sweetpotato Aw, thank you! That's how Nor ended up being one of my grail sculpts, I kept seeing such lovely pictures of him!

And here's the crew I have at home with me for the holidays: Kristophe (Ray/Luna), Siegfried (Shale/Adamelli), Simon (Dune/Nor) and Rae (Turb/Roxen).
      [​IMG]

18. @Magnus Vale You did an awesome job on his faceup. Your whole crew is lovely :)

19. @Aliyahbetd Thank you very much! I'm quite enjoying the learning process!

I also realized belatedly that I forgot someone for the group photo, and he was quite cross with me.
      [​IMG]

20. What do you think abouth the new bodys? they are very cool, i love that they are a little slim and tall, the mobility piece its my less fabouryte piece but well whit clothes i dont have to look at it.