1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Little Gem Monthly Mini Doll discussion (part 7)

Dec 7, 2017

1. Oh, noes, the new caterpillars have the cutest sculpt!

2. Hello! I'm completely new to Soom dolls, and I was really interested in Tuff & Sueve. Does Soom rotate the release of their sculpts monthly? Is this sculpt going to return, or is it best to look at the secondhand market? Would appreciate some guidance, and will read carefully through the thread :3nodding: Thanks!

3. @Dayme soom did rotate their sculpt monthly. But we couldn't know which will be next. They won't announce until it about to release. Tuff & Sueve is a good choice, not many of them poped up in the second hand market though.

4. @xxxsaturnxxx thanks for that info! so I'll have to keep an eye out on Soom's website monthly until they come back :kitty2

5. My Cheshire cat boy arrived. He has a very nice pale violet skin and I love his grin.
      He came super loosely strung though.

And he came without that knee piece- thing that helps with posing the knee /makes it look nicer when bent.

Does someone know if that is because this body uses beast/cat feets? His knee area doesn't look that different from the normal boy body, I wish it had the knee part.

#285 Pyoko, Aug 19, 2022
      Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    6. I have a Cheshire boy on the older body, and got him with both the beast and human legs. While it is true that the beast legs do not work with the knee bit, Soom still sent the knee part with the human legs. I'd assume it was an error on that part and contact them to make sure. Looking at the images on the sales page, it does look like the human legs have that bit.

7. I ordered only the beast legs.
      It's sad they did not re-work that area for the newer body, the beast legs have big holes at the knee, does not exactly look good. I guess he will get longer pants than I planned

8. Ah, I see. Yeah, I tried putting the beast legs on with the knee part, and it was an awful mess. I guess I'm just used to the way it looks, doesn't bother me so much.

Speaking of, here's a pic of Crescendo himself, since I haven't posted him in a while.
      [​IMG]

9. He looks very handsome.
      I like those bigger ears. Mine did come with small ears. They are well made but look a bit tiny on him. (the small ears were shown in the sale pictures, so it seems there were different releases for him)

10. I was in the last Cheshire order before they switched over to the new body. It was a special event, so I was allowed to choose which pair of ears I wanted, the bigger ones or the smaller ones. I tend to go for the bigger fantasy parts if I can get them. I was very glad to get him, I started collecting after his first release and he ended up being one of my grail dolls.

11. Just fell in love with Soom Tuff...heres hoping they don't take forever to re-release them...

12. Tuff & Sueve are back in preorder :) From January 3rd to 16th!

13. Hello! Hope all are well. Hoping this is the right thread as I accidentally posted in wrong one the other day *_* Anyway, my first and last Soom doll was way back in 2012 which was a Lig. I still have him and love him, but he came with a lot of issues and was turned off with regards of their quality. I know, this was long ago! Does anyone have an update on their recent experience? Just orders the new Teschen & Mylo. Thank you! Oh and here’s a pic of my Fin :)
      [​IMG]

14. @RyokoDWolfwood I only ordered their dress, shoes, eyes and other doll's thing lately (Not a whole doll). But everything come on time and in a good shape as far as I can tell.

Still on my waiting for them to re-release Roxen :eusa_pray

15. I wish you could just get a human Serin or Rico with the shell ears. The shell ears are cute. The mermaid body is not the most aesthetically pleasing body.

16. I wish you could order the shell ears separately too. They're super cute and I'd love them for a ton of my dolls.

I love the semi translucent-ness of the mer body and the fins, but the articulation doesn't looks so great.

17. Does Soom ever sell doll heads separately? I cannot commit to a full doll right now... :(

18. @Niel They do have some event that will sell their doll head separately like this one :
      2023 POST MD - Little Gem - The Gem
      But the chance you will get them is extremely slim (I've failed too :sweat)

I guess the best choice is to find someone out there who willing to split the body.

19. Does someone own one of the mermaid bodys? Can it even sit nicely? From the pictures it doesn't look so, the body is always leaning.

20. Serin & Rico got [sold out] on Soom web site now. It's make me wonder what is the maximum number of doll order they would accept before closing as sold out?

It only been 1 day after pre-order start. Just... how popular of these sculpts :shudder