1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom March MD Amphibel - Vala of Light

Mar 11, 2011

1. I thought Pegasus girl as well. People seem to feel like they have to have fantasy feet or they are getting gypt.

2. I'm also picking up a Nephelin vibe from her, but unlike you Rayearth, I don't think she'll be coming home. IMO Nephelin was perfect and I'm so glad that I ordered her (now I just wish they'd deliver her lol)! I'll have to get Amphibel's clothing though!

3. I suspect personally that this gal might be the 'white crow' mother of Tuff and Sueve that got namedropped with Euclase in their backstory! If so, and if she has lovely long-legged birdiefeet, I MAY be doomed. As a male, she'd be PERFECT for my Imperial Crane character Amatsukaze. T.T

4. See, I don't get that sentiment at all. Two of SOOM's most interesting and appealing female monthlies (in my opinion, of course) were Vesuvia and Onyx, neither of which had fantasy feet. Sure, I like the fantasy feet. I own a pair of Nephelin legs for my hybrid doll, but honestly, I would rather see more original concepts than more of the same. I remember when Coquina was released and I had such high hopes for her, but when she went on sale I just thought, "Oh, great... more hooves..."

5. Vesuvia sort of had fantasy feet. She had those Scorpion heel foot parts. Also, both Vesuvia and Onyx only became popular after the fact. I remember quite clearly that people were disappointed with Onyx when she first came out.

6. Nephelin was perfect to me minus her dragon wings and feet.I actually like Amphibels face more and the fact that she seems to be an angel is a huge plus for me. Congrats on getting Nephelin ^__^ she is a beauty.

7. Aww crap. I may finally be SOOMed. If they do a demon sort of counterpart to her I will be doubly SOOMed. I think Soom hates us.

Can't wait to see more pictures!

8. I think the wings are fantastic enough - she doesn't really need anything on top of that. And people could always get hooves on the marketplace and mod her into a Pegasus or whatever.

They do need to make a female centaur though. But centuar body + wings is kind of insane...

9. I love her!! She will be my Monzo's wife :).

10. Funny, after some hours I really love her ;). Hope she is either ws or has a ws option. Can't wait to see more pics and prices, but I'd say he will come home for 80% sure.

11. so far i am SOOMed again !!!
      just with those wings ears and outfit and angel wings .....

right now the only thing that can make me save is " i totally dont like her face " (i do not think it gonna happen though)
      my wallet is really burn now (T^T) with all the shopping of spring clothes and bag and shoes (T^T)
      but i will be more SOOMED like totally soomed if there IS a dark angel with black wing (>w<)

12. Luchan, I was totally thinking the same thing. She is very pretty, but maybe generic pretty, which nothing is wrong with at all, but I really, really loved Beryl for her unique expression & Breccia for her unique fox like nose. I am actually surprised to find I am more in love with the wings & outfit over the doll...I may have to join a split with someone for it lol.

That being said, if "Light & Darkness" is a theme, I think they will be doing a Light and Dark switch off every month, they will probably do a demon type next or maybe a "fallen angel", and I think it will be a boy. Who knows, maybe by Light and Darkness, they will go around to every different religion base and do a light and dark theme on gods and spirits. It will be interesting to see.

13. Oh come on.... why why why Soom???? How i wish i have money to buy her...i cant stop watching her teaser photo...huhuhu..... Maybe, like the others mentioned here she has a dark counter part, Hope that dark counter part of amphibel has gray skin with transparent black resins wings........ i really do love gray resin like Galena, she's gorgeous and one of my "must have doll" if i already have Money..... and i also love Nepheline, when soom released her last October i feel depressed, cuz i cant afford 2 buy her....huhuhuhu........ and now soom is going to release Amphibel....huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu..... Hope someday when i already have a job and of course MONEY, Soom will release a Mermaid (one tail) MD......

14. Her outfit is to die for! And her wings look really promising so far. I can't wait to see a better picture of her face. I am kind hoping she's has the centaur body, the way they cut the picture makes me hope for it!

15. Oh my... I really hove she doesn't have a centaur body... And IF she does then I hope I can buy her with out it XD
      It will be okay if she has hooves though :P I love hoofies! ^^ (Not for this carecter... But maybe for someone els...)

Garh! More pictures now! D: I demand them! XD

16. Me too! If only it's a "he"...

17. Hmm, I do love her face, faintly reminiscent of Topaz to me along the jaw for some reason, which doesn't hurt. But circumstances will keep me from getting her now, I do like a nice Valkyrie theme, sigh!

.hlp

18. Somehow she doesn't seem to be doing a lot for me right now, which I'm very thankful for!
      I think overall there's too much of her that's identical to Nephelin (in terms of colouring, outfit/wig choice etc etc) and since I have a Nephelin coming I don't need a really similar doll!

Though it could just be because spending that much money on a doll right now, all things considered, seems insane. ^_^;;

She's perfectly pretty though, just not a must have atm!

19. She reminds me of Fairyland Chloe, but I found myself wishing Soom would use more COLOR in their clothes like they do (look at how popular Cass' dresses where, for me its the gorgeous green that did it). She might be wearing silver? but...still no true or bright colors so one thing I'm feeling is she needs more color. Other than that I can't wait to see more pictures of her face as I can't really get a good idea with that angle, but she is pretty from what I see so far. Her winged ears are amazing and wondering if those are real feathers or some ear clip ons? Hard to tell. Amazing head piece and the design on the dress is lovely. I really hope Soom does release her in white skin. I get frustrated with Soom when they do normal skin only on these dolls.

20. Ahh I can say I'm soomed >___<
      Can't wait to see some more pictures.
      The "Light and Darkness" theme is interesting and I can't wait to see what else soom will come up with.