1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom MD April 2010: Monzo - 'Stone Heart'

Apr 19, 2010

1. *laughs* The micro-kilt Chalco got was a bit um. . . :o I loved the cloak in his outfit, but not enough to spring for the rest of it. I did grab his boots in a split, though (decent footwear at last!). :D Monzo's outfit is nice, and I wouldn't mind getting it, but it won't fit anyone else. It does seem repetitive to keep doing a skirt once they get below the waist. The Bi-weekly clothes have variety while retaining the fantasy element, so they can do it. . . :?

2. Love those wings ><

3. Awesome. Thank you. I don't really have an objection to the longer, graceful robes, but the boys in the microminis is getting... quirky. I realize they want to show those stunning legs, and there aren't many options to do that. The manly micromini is the best option to show off the leg parts, but it's not the most flexible garment.

4. I really would be content with some pants that lace down the side, something that can be adjusted from human-legs to legend-legs. I don't feel like it'd be that hard of a design for them to at least take a stab at.

5. Pants with lacings = win! :D Gah! Love lace-up pants for dolls, Soom should definitely explore this possibility. I mean legs are nice, but we cover up dolls with clothes, accept it a little! :sweat What's after-short skirts, short-shorts? Hot pants?

.hlp

6. Ohman, big beefy man-thighs stuffed into tiny lamé hotpants.

7. I'm really surprised a lot of people in this thread have had complaints about him.

8. LOL! I still maintain he's hawt, I'm not going for him because, in spite of some IRL difficulties, I'm saving up to manage a Souldoll Shiva fullset. But the clothing issue is amusing to me. :)

.hlp

9. heidipay: Souldoll Shiva was next on my list too until this guy popped up. Thankfully she's not LE so I can wait a little while still. I ultimately plan to make a moth girl out of her. :D Unfortunately, I cannot resist horns and wings and claws. Priorities!

10. Well, if money weren't an issue, I'd get him. I can see why some people would hesitate, his fantasy parts won't work with anything else. . . the lack of fantasy styled clothes in his size. . . as humorous as it would be to try a three piece suit on him with all his fantasy parts, it seems like the choice is his default outfit, plain clothes (in his human form), or naked. :XD:

11. Ditto this, actually. And then Leira popped up... augh. It's great to have been able to jump on them during the order periods, but it's gettin' ridiculous lately with all the endless releases. Mercy help me if they put out an Idealian I can't resist, the only reason I could dodge Brannon was because the money was just NOT THERE. Speaking of Brannon, though -- now THAT outfit is stunning. Absolutely, unquestionably stunning. I think it's probably one of the very best designs Soom has produced to date for clothing. (And I always seem to miss the outfits of theirs I like best -- missed Amber's, too, and feel it's the best of the female ensembles.) If we could get more outfits like Brannon's, which were covering and stylish, I'd be intensely happy -- and would likely buy outfits with the dolls I order from them more often.

12. Yes, I think the lack of 'swappable' elements is going to hurt Monzo (I have to stop myself from typing Gonzo every time, LOL!) for now, although I have a feeling if the mega-gem body's here to stay, then future-swaps will be very interested in the Monzo body in retrospect. I wonder in particular if there won't be more wings that fit into the back-holes, stuff like that, in a new 'interchangeable system'.

But that being said, my money tree refuses to grow in spite of good weather, so I have to make my decisions! :( Only time will tell if there's new swappable features for dolls, and Monzo, despite a fun name, is still a beautiful doll. Though I agree, dread looms in the form of new IDealian next month, plus I keep thinking Angelheim's promised to unveil their girl body this spring... :doh

.hlp

13. Does anyone know when he will be on display in Sooms store in Japan? :)))) hopes to see pictures before ordering him...:abambi: if someone will take them its is :sweat

14. Soom responded to my question about MG clothing, they said they will try to develop new items in the future but couldn't offer exact release dates. Also, they had no suggestions as to where to get clothes that'd fit, either.

15. I have never done layaway before, but now... Oopsie.

NS Monzo on layaway. Sanding + full blushing + faceup + clothes. No shoes, eyes or wig.

His ears bother me... A LOT, but everything else is so yummy...

16. I love Monzo but really cannot justify getting him - I do love the whole concept from the wings, claw, face is *gorgeous* ... I am holding out/saving up for the chibi / mini version - imagine how cute the baby gargoyles are going to be :aheartbea

but I can see myself in a couple of years time haunting the sale board for a second hand Monzo regretting I didn't buy ~lol~

And not sure why Monzo is cheaper than Chalco as there is more to Monzo, even the grey skin supplement is cheaper than Chalco - perhaps the claw feet are made up of less resin than Chalco's hooves?

17. I'll go out on a limb. . . just how wise was it to made an MD out of a doll that didn't have an established base? The other MD lines had been established as normal releases before they added the fantasy parts. Iple released the EID line in a human form and added fantasy parts later. But they did have some clothes early on. . . even if they looked like they belonged on the golf course. :XD:

18. Good question. Maybe the grey resin is cheaper or easier to produce (thinking more in terms of less 'waste' pieces that have too much marbling or flaws) than the tan? I really have no idea, but I'd guess it's something fairly simple like that.

Also, since it is a new body, and the first release of it, maybe they're going with a slightly lower price than they might normally have assigned to it to make it more likely people will take a chance on the new body?

19. Not only did the Soom store have a sale going on, they have Monzo on display, so I made the trek to Tokyo today.
      [​IMG]
      More picks on PB, password is timid4
      http://s618.photobucket.com/albums/tt269/timid_04/Monzo/

He's not for me with that steroid-pumped body and those ears, but I find his face, faceup, and skintone just wonderful. He struck me as big and solid, although not as thick - deep through the body - as an EID boy.

20. Thank you so much for these timid! :D I was really kind of worried that he was going to be as huge around as an EID and I'm glad he's not. His horns seem a lot bigger than the promo pics though! O_____O