1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom MD April 2010: Monzo - 'Stone Heart'

Apr 19, 2010

1. Yes, thank you so much for the pictures! You can really see the transparent black resin a LOT better in your pictures. And Dream_of_Isis is right: His horns are MASSIVE compared to what they look like in the promo pics. Is it just me, or do his wings seem bigger too?

Either way, I MUST have him now that I've seen your pics!

2. KittyFields- Someone in the waiting room asked Soom what the wingspan was and they said it's 38cm! O__O

3. Always happy to enable!

I should add that my experience with an EID was an afternoon at a meetup, and my experience with an MG was about 20 minutes in the store . . . so I'm no expert. I guess shape-wise he reminds me more of a Souldoll 70cm than an EID. I hope for the sake of future owners that he can fit some EID or similar clothes O_O.

The horns didn't strike me as disproportionate - they're certainly big, but so are Chalco's IMO. His wings strike me as disproportionately small. Their breadth is okay, but I feel they could be longer, if that makes sense. Of course, that'd likely pull Monzo over backwards! I liked how his feet seem more proportionate to him than some of the massive claws/hooves from previous MDs, but that's just personal preference. I also felt his outfit fit him better than Chalco's seemed to when I saw him (his bunched up a bit). I don't have a lot of experience with grey resin but his looked nicer than I expected. I could see the appeal.

Regardless, for those who bring this big boy home, he's going to take up a lot of space! Heh.

4. Wow timid thanks for those pics, they totally make me want him thatmuchmore. I'm glad I ordered him in NS though, the grey doesn't do anything for me really. Such a beautiful face! Something about it reminds me of Sphaler a bit.

5. Those photos are great! About as good as seeing owner-photos, which are always wonderful when one is curious about a doll. The official photos can be so touched up or only from certain angles--they only show a small part of what the doll is really like.

I'm still on the fence about his guy. I like him a lot, no mistake--but I'm in the middle of moving and that always make me wish to downsize drastically! as in--wishing I had absolutely NO possessions to be hauling about at all! *sigh*

6. Thanks for the IRL photos....he's impressive! :)

7. wow, thank you so much for the pictures timid. :) I am having a hardest time to deciding this time.... It was never like this before... the biggest hold out is the body... but i love the concept to no end. I am so fascinated with this gargoyle theme... huh i still have some days to think it over thought... huh

8. Ahhh, I absolutely love his face in Grey.... And I really love him.. but that torso... it's just absolutely... no.. :C

9. He's magnificent! Thank you so much for the photos!

I'm still glad I ordered him NS, but I do love him in the grey tone.

10. Thank you so much for the pictures of Monzo!!!! He looks even better than he did on the Soom promo pics. I am soooo glad I ordered him!!!!

11. Okay---just ordered a grey Monzo. Got him minus the face-up and body work as I'd sooner do that myself. I did order the outfit--like the cape, and his wig. Did not get the eyes--they seemed kinda eh. I think I want something with a red iris.

I so have a thing for grey resin, and usually do not go for male BJD's. I only have two males out of 25 dolls, but I just fell for his face sculpt. Between the grey resin, wings, claws, strong jaw line---I was completely SOOMed on this one.

No--for the hard part--the wait.

12. I absolutely love the face. It's to the point that I've been trying to draw my character's jawline for years, and could never quite get it. But Monzo's is spot on. The only problem being that body. I just don't understand why they couldn't have had an option for the regular SuperGem body. He would be probably the most beloved so far of the SOOM sculpts if he had the option of getting the standard body.

13. It's the neck size. It's very different on this body and the standard SG male one, from what was mentioned when someone asked Soom.

14. lycansea: i could not have said that any better myself :) that is exactly how i feel about him: 'most beloved of all soom sculpts... IF'

15. Thank you :)

16. I've seen quite a few people say that they were iffy about Monzo's ears and body style. Oddly, those are a part of what drew me to this doll. The ears, the body and the face sculpt all fit a char of mine extrememly well. I'm very glad I ordered him and have him on layaway. :)

17. i would have loved to get him... except for his body:| don't like it. i wonder how well his gargoyle legs would fit a normal super gem....

18. Re: how gargoyle legs will fit normal super gem: I'll take pics of them on my Euclase when I get the legs in.

19. Got gargoyle legs in today! Definitely too big in the way of knee-joint for a Super Gem; in the process of sanding them down now.

20. Hmmm good to know...... My Boy is pantsless and I swear to god if he so much as moves his shirt is going to rip open LMAO....

Just bought some EID jeans and boots from Kadepie so will update if they fit him.....