1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM [MD/DEC] Shoshon-The First Cánë

Nov 29, 2010

1. R-really? *o* That's... awesome...

ARGH, SO TEMPTED.

In that case, do you know why Soom basically says 'don't sand the seams because the resin will come out lighter where you sand'? I thought that was because the tan was essentially "sprayed on," as it is with some other companies, so it would rub off if you used something hard like alcohol or acetone on it.

2. I believe that the tan skin dolls have been dyed to be tan. So you can paint/wipe paint/wipe without any issues, but when you sand you are actually sanding down past where the dye has soaked in. I don't own a tan doll so I might be wrong about that.

3. Their tan dolls are actual tan resin, it's why they say there could be marbling on some dolls. The Afi and Keny dolls were brown-tan, the Aphans and Coquinas were bronze like this guy is, and Chalco was his own dark tan. The more you sand in the lighter it will get, though.

4. Like buboplague said, the color is inside the resin itself. It's not painted on.
      The reason they don't sand it is because it does get lighter when you sand it, but only a bit. And most people don't like that look. It can usually easily be fixed tho.
      I think it has to do with the inside of the resin. I've seen it in normal skin dolls aswell. the surface is just very different than the core, and in tan and other strange colors it shows much easier.

5. I wish they had a photo of him with his leg/hooves bent...or show what he looks like sitting down with the hooves.

6. [​IMG]
      The only available photo of him sitting.

7. I LOVE his face! :aheartbea

....I'm however not into his body, way too manly for me.. :'( Would his head fit on a slimmer SD boy body- does anyone know?

8. Oh you found one! :o Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!! :) I do like that the joints are at the knee and ankle...
      He is a rather daring sculpt...I believe.
      I keep thinking of Herne. I'd like to do a Herne.....:D
      I don't even have any fantasy dolls...yet....but I'm so intrigued by this one.

9. Thank you lydiawalker, buboplague and Snow for the tan resin answers... that's really interesting. Now that I understand that, I'm not afraid of tan resin anymore, but I'm still iffy about the gigantic body, so I still haven't ordered him.

Man, I really wish he was just a Super Gem.

I only have 3 or 4 days left to make a decision...

10. I wil actually be getting him. I'm just really debating on the bronze skin or the normal skin. Sometimes their bronze looks so dark. I'm a little fearful that he'll be super dark and I want more of that golden sunkissed look.

11. Unfortunately no.

His head won't even fit onto a SuperGem body. Soom have this thing about hybriding their dolls.

12. I assume that his fantasy leg parts wont fit on a female body am I correct? Otherwise i would like to put it on a female eventually.

13. The megagems are pretty much hugenormous. I don't know of any current female dolls they could easily be used to hybrid with, unless they might potentially fit with mecha-angel bits and pieces (and I am fairly doubtful there).

14. well poo XD. Darn too bad, hehe I did not know they were that big. Thanks for the reply though :).

15. Anyone know about clothes that fit these size boys? I read that EID is too big and soom has like nothing listed for MGs. :(

16. I read the EID model clothes fit. I think it was mentioned in this thread somewhere.

17. One thread said yes another said they were too large. I do love some of the EID clothes though.

18. Has anyone done a photoshoot with the MG wearing Iple clothes? I hear even the SID clothes fit him.