1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM [MD/DEC] Shoshon-The First Cánë

Nov 29, 2010

1. @ Nightweaver: I have MG monzo and ID Pangen. And the Idealian guys are a bit taller, wider and heavier. I still love the bodies on both however (lots of intricate detail). One thing to mention is the upper torso's on the MG are one piece plus the pelvis piece compared to the SG's and Idealians which have two plus the pelvis piece but either way I still like both and he can still pose like a mad man.

2. I'm about 90% sure he's going to have to come home if he is a MG. Will have to see all the pics before it's a 100% but from what I can see he's way more suited for one of the characters. I'm soomed.

3. Well he is a hottie and a heartbreaker! I think he's actually better looking than Chalco!! But luckily I don't by Soom's big dolls! Whew! I am safe!

But I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of him! I pity everyone if he is a stag centaur, the price tag on that is going to be hefty!

I think he will be closer to Monzo, with animal parts- perhaps even close kin to Amber.

4. Good that he's lighter. For a day I carried my Gluino and an 60cm SD around in a carrier bag on my back.. I had backache like crazy after that ^^;;

5. I'm just waiting for more pictures of that outfit. I may have to beg for some early Christmas money and hop into a split for that...

6. Well, I'm screwed. My poor bank account. *siiiigh* Since he is tan I bet he'll be at least $970 which I told myself I wasn't going to do again after Chalco...but my Monzo needs a buff buddy, doesn't he? lol

7. Your price estimate hurts me xD

I did just mess around with Chalcos options and added tan skin and outfit....it's over $1000 and now I'm worried how much this guy will come to with the options I want...

8. I'm Safe!! maybe.... i don't need a tan doll for a character right now which is making it easy to resist but knowing me i'll buckle after i see the rest of the pictures :sweat i do love the antlers and it would be wonderful to have one of those MG bodies too.... oh i'm so conflicted :(

9. I was never tempted by a tan doll until Chalco and I missed him. I dunno about this one. Will have to see the rest of the pictures.

How big is a MG? I dunno if I could handle a doll that big. But I can't wait to see what he'll look like.

10. For people curious about MGs compared to SGs, here's a good photo on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54041518@N08/4993668106/in/photostream/

I totally forgot about the additional cost of colored resin. Monzo was $875 with grey skin, so I hope this guy is the same and not $970. Plus an outfit and shipping.. thats about $1100. ARHG

11. I hear that :(

12. Thank you so much for the comparison photos!! :) it realy helps to be able to get a good idea of how big this guy might end up being, i love the idea of the MD body for Shoshon, i think it suits him.

13. Tanned Mega Gem.. with awesome antlers, nice lookin' clothes, and judging by those antlers... hooves.
      SOooOM! I have two sards on layaway and I'm having work done I still need to pay for ;.; Its so mean!
      Though if I scroll down and see he has hooves like chalco, that will be good (for my bank account).. I honestly shouted out in dismay when I saw chalco's hooves were stylized like ambers, just not my cup 'o tea.. and judging by how muscular mega gem bodies normally are that just might be the way they go. Only time will tell.. I'm guessing that he'll release right on the first =D

14. omg, just when I decided that an Angelheim would become my Cernunnos, Soom does this to me.
      And if he is indeed a MG, he will be big enough to make my Andraste look smaller and more frail.
      It hasn't been easy to find a guy who is big enough to make a Feeple look small and I've seen a Monzo in reallife a couple of weeks back and they would look great together.

Maybe it's time to put the angelfantasy Hoo I've won up for sale, since there is no way he'll ever fit in my family and Shoshon probably will.

15. So, do we know how a mega gem head would look on a super gem body? Would it fit, or would it be too big? If he comes in NS as well as TS, I'd love to put his head on my incoming super gem body... but after seeing the side by side pics, I'm not sure it would even work. :(

16. Unfortunatley i guess MG head runs quite larger on SG body...

17. I'm not sure about the proportion, but somewhere in the original Monzo thread there should be some posting of a response from Soom regarding the neck, I don't think the neck will work without modding.

.hlp

18. not sure wich shown monzo head on another body, BTW looking in picture request threads suboforums comes handy....

19. Um... no. Someone has attempted some hybriding with another company and that's the short answer.

The Monzo has a HUGE neck and the head is almost a size larger than a normal SuperGem as far as I remember. SOOM seems to have this thing with allowing people to hybrid. They don't seem to like it much. (I know this because I loved the Monzo and was originally planning to get the head and hybrid it onto a SG when I didn't buy him from SOOM.)

BTW: is there any confirmation of any sort from SOOM that the Shoshon is actually a MegaGem? I would still say it's only a SuperGem. Most definitely a SuperGem if it's centroid.

20. no confirmation from Soom about his size yet, but his shoulders look too wide to be a supergem.