1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom [MD/FEB]: Ender Lord of Dead - discussion!

Feb 7, 2011

1. Oh good! I'm not the only one who thinks the body looks different. I own a Monzo. Ender's abs look far more sculpted/hard. And it looks like he'll have the new double jointed elbows.

I don't think I'm Soomed on this one! Whew! But I still really want to see pictures. Especially if he ends up with dog feet.

Read me. :)

2. Having a masters in egyptology I ofc love all things egypt. And he sure looks yummy. The Anubis head looks awesome! Goodness be thanked that I do not buy male dolls. I would love the Anubis head in itself but do not know where I would place it as I cant place it on a female ehehe. But to everyone who will have him- enjoy! And post lots of photos!

3. So they finally made an Anubis and he doesn't have giant Jackal paws?? *weeeeep* The whole reason I've loved the Soom MDs with their animal feet for all these years is because one day I wanted a huge Jackal-footed Anubis. Oh well, guess this is good news for my wallet. :lol:

4. Oh, the hurting. Between this guy and Arvid I'm -screwed-. And they're doing a big girl right after this? No pity, I tell ya. No pity. ;)

5. I love Love Loooove the concept! I hope he will capture my heart! i would love to get a new soom doll! :)))))

6. I'll need a bigger doll room if Soom keeps doing this :sweat

7. Ok, I've been staring at the teaser pic for... well... far too long now, and if that IS a mask they have hidden the human head remarkably well. I just can't see where it would fit in under the curve of the jackel head unless it was set right back into the neck! :lol:

8. I'd die if the face looked like Teal'c/Christopher Judge. I can just see him infiltrating Anubis' ship, taking that mask off and saying "Indeed".

9. Whyyyyyyyyyy. The ancient history buff in me cannot stand it. I love this doll already! I missed out on the HZ Egyptian themed dolls. Not like I had the money anyway. I wonder if the HZs plus this doll will be around for purchase when I save enough money (as in Christmas of this year).

How big are they usually?

10. Wow, Soom. I seriously thought I was going to be able to save up before you release another SD tanned fella! ;; How am I going to be able to choose between all the other awesome LEs released this month? xD Can't wait to see more of his photos! I'm now torn between wanting to like Ender and wanting not to.

11. If that is a mask then he has either a really tiny head or a flat one. Could be wrong though I guess but it looks to me like that is his head. hmmm wonder if he'll have a human head too. And I'll be surprised if he has other fantasy parts but again I could be wrong with that too XD

I'm just greatful that I seem to be safe. Have no use for an Anubis no matter how awesome he is and I also have no use so far for a mega gem :)

12. Looks like the anubis head is likely a kind of hat/mask, like Io's lion head. I'm gonna assume its just like the anubis head part on top of the guy's head, with stuff hanging down? He looks very cool.

13. You and me both. We ended up giving the one 'spare' room -- and by 'spare' I mean 'we have no use for a dining room ever unless it involves dice and gaming books' -- to the household book collection, and lined the walls in bookcases. They still have all the books on them, though! And the books are staying.

Dear Soom, we are out of spare rooms. Please don't tempt me to build one -- we really, reaallllly can't afford to do that.

14. I'm so torn right now.
      I've always loved egyptian mythology and especially Anubis so this doll seems so perfect fit.:aheartbea
      I'm not sure however, I need to see more to be sure.
      I hope he won't be insanely tall either...

I kind of hope he won't be my type... I'm not sure I could afford him right now:sigh

15. Well, SOOM has done black resin with Shonki. << Conceivably, they could do black for Ender.

*snicker*

I went in a totally different direction with this one. "Ender, lord of dead" makes me want to go reread Ender's Game.

Anyway, I think I'm safe. I've got a supergem girl and she's about as big a doll as I'm ready to commit to. While I loooove the beefy look of the Megagem body, I don't think I have room (or the funds) for such a big guy.

16. I keep staring at it and now I'm thinking, does he seem to have longer legs? Or is it just a trick of perspective? ._.

17. Thank you very much, Ostrich:fangirl:, I should have looked there myself:|.
      Thanks again:D!

18. Very beautiful. :3 I'm impressed by the idea of a full new line based on the egyptian figures. O_O
      Imagine Horus (falcon headed god), the Sphinx, Sachmet (lion headed godess), Sobek (crocodile headed god) and so on...
      That would be gorgeous. *__*

Really pretty boy! <3 I should think about getting a boy again...after more than one year of not buying any boys. <.<

19. I also thought the body looked different but then I'm no expert on Soom bodies.

I think Soom has been snooping in my house, and saw me watching Stargate SG1 reruns, and making hearts around Teal'c in his Anubis costume.:lol:

20. :...( I am so screwed. This is the doll that is going to make my head explode. If they put big old paws on his feet clear the room because there will be blood spatter as my brain overloads. I give up. I just need to become an indentured servant to Soom and get it over with becasue they basicaly seem to own me. Gaugh! :lol: