1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom MD February 2010 - Breccia Moon Wish

Feb 23, 2010

1. I don't have accurate figures for anything recently.. but on the whole I think I generally find that Japan sales match the sales we see here on DoA.
      Obviously there are going to be differences here and there, but it's safe to say that if a doll sold 50 here, assume it also sold 50 in Japan and therefore that at least 100 were sold worldwide.
      The only accurate figure I remember was that Glot and Glati sold about 800 worldwide, which was pretty INSANE!!!!

I'll be going to see Breccia when she makes it over here of course for picture taking so I will do some questioning here and there, but at this point she might not know all that much!
      Plus I'm guessing if Soom haven't told us much yet, they probably don't want us to know!

2. Seeing this cheered me up.. I'm having a naff week at work but on friday I send a deposit! haha. I'm smitten and she will replace a doll i bought who then really disappointed me on arrival.

I hope she's feline personally.. but she'll wind up that way anyhow hahaha Yes she looks a lot like topaz. I agree.. and i think thats one of the reasons i like her so much :)

3. Yes! A cat would make me happier, and truthfully her nails look more
      feline than fox. Looking forward to Thursday/Friday!!
      edit:....if she is feline could there be kittens coming next:abambi:
      I wish Soom would let us in on the order of this years releases XD

4. I am torn personally.
      Definitely I don't need the whole doll, my world has no place for another SD now. But I am drawn to her face while being a bit disappointed with my incoming Galena's sculpt (judging from owner photos). I was already wondering if I should get another head to put on the winged body...
      Still, I am not sure about Breccia, I guess I'll have to wait for all promo pictures to be released.
      But one thing is certain - I am such a sucker for fantasy parts :D While her hands and feet don't really make much of an impression on me something tells me that her feet will be worthwhile, same for the outfit.

In short, I need to wait and see. And for the sake of my life, she should not put a spell on me, or my boyfriend will kill me! We have so many things on our to-buy-list :)

5. I must confess I'm a little dissapointed.
      She's surely lovely and it's great that she got those nice big ears but she's certainly no must-have for me. Her face looks somewhat too cute and playful to me, since I had really hoped Soom would go for the though girl thing instead.
      Also, I would've loved to see more fantasy, more colours, more unusual styles.

However, I like the idea that she might be a werewolf as I don't see her as a fox but rather as a maned wolf. They do have the same colouring as foxes do and the large ears, yet they belong to a different genus and are much taller.

6. Am I the only one who thinks she might be a tiger? might just be that we're the year of the tiger and that's influencing me lol

7. If she is a bat.....GOD I AM SO DEAD D=

8. I think she's a fox. *-* I hope she's a fox.

I think she's absolutely amazing, and if a miracle happens and I'm able to afford this doll, she's mine.

9. Wow, I went over to the Soom site to see if they had re-stocked a wig I wand and...BAM FOX GIRL! I was so shocked and excited! I didn't think they would post a new doll till the map contest thing was over. Anyway, so far I'm liking what I see! :)

Edit: Now that I look at her a bit more, I do see the possibility of her being a fruit bat.

10. Yeah, she seemed foxy to me too. I am glad for the wig not being blonde (sorry midnightstar!) but it's no Topaz wig to me at this point either, I see something going on back there.

But wow, in some ways she could totally be Topaz' sister! But I have a Topaz, so I'm not sure I'm feeling it right now. :sweat Kind of a relief to see two SG dolls in a row though, I may actually make it through Afi and Ai layaways in the interim and not be sending a portion of my paycheck to Soom for a little bit! :)

.hlp

11. I'm betting 'fox' as well, which would be cool. Bat would actually rock even more, just because of the oddness, but I don't think that's what they are going for with her general light-hearted look.

I think I'm safe from her, but if fox tinies are on the horizon, I can just pack it in now...

12. :o I'm smitten with her face, maybe it is her face-up? It's the first time I've really liked a MD face and face-up, not sure yet about the lips. She reminds me of my Unoa Zero. So far I'm loving that head, the wig, and that outfit. Can't wait to see more photos.

13. To be fair it's only a single picture, we're figuring there's no fantasy
      color, but as for the rest of her it seems we're already presuming
      what the rest of her fantasy parts will look like...there's plenty of
      room for Soom to completely surprise us still:fangirl:

I'm right there with you Amanohara! I think her face is
      so lovely and am liking her makeup too, the lips might be a bit
      dark (?) imo but overall she has a really sweet look.
      I'm really curious to see a side profile as the pic is so whitened
      out I'm not sure what to make of her nose...it looks a bit short.
      Overall I think she was worth the extra long wait we endured!

14. Those ears.... Oh my goodness those ears!

I hope its a fox/tiger/something like that D:

Se lookks adorable now, I'm curious as to what they'll pull.. Oh god a fox tiny.. -soomed-

15. x_x Soomed again. Especially if she's a fox. I won't be able to give up her animal parts if she's a fox!

So excited.

16. Agreed, Amanohara - it's the first in a long time that I've liked an MD faceup!

The ears and white fur scream "fox" to me. White fur is often used in depictions of vixens. Maybe she'll have 9 tails!

Either way, though, no Breccia for me. Too many big girls and no more characters. Or money.

17. She's super cute but I'm reserving judgement for more pics.

However... am I the only one who took one look at that picture and thought she looked too... dainty for a SG? It was something about her face and neck. She looks like she should be smaller... maybe Gem sized? Smaller? Dunno, I'm really curious to see.

18. Hmmm, at the moment I'm betting on "fox", especially with the bits of fur on her wrists and shoulders. She's absolutely adorable! And like others have mentioned, it would be easy to mod her into other animals (bat, wolf, cat, etc).

Does anybody think she might be something other than Super Gem sized? I'm pretty sure she's not MSD, but she might be a Gem or Mini Gem.

Edit - Haha, Wilson beat me to it!

19. I have to admit I'm sort of disappointed, her face reminds me of earlier Soom MD dolls that I found to be a bit vapid sometimes. It doesn't stand out to me really, so I suspect I am safe. I was really expecting them to go even further with fantasy parts this year, so this somehow seems a step down to me. She's a beautiful doll, but I was on the bandwagon with Midnite about wanting to see some seriously unusual resins and whatnot.

I am curious if they're going to do a big ol floofy tail piece, though, assuming she is a fox and not a bat.

Edit: I also agree with Wilson and Ostrich, she did look a bit.. small to me. But their normal SD sized dolls have really big heads, so she doesn't seem normal in that respect, but she did seem rather slender. I wonder if they redid the SG body?

20. Agreed. Right now she looks way too small/skinny to be a Super Gem. If she ends up being a Mini Gem I'm totally boned. :XD: