1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

[Soom MD/March] Shonki & Appini Bestia Animo!

Mar 22, 2010

1. @Toxic.Shadows I'm not too fond of the face sculpt either. :\ So I've been trying to hunt down other heads that will fit on the bodies, haha. I love those little paws, I don't think I can pass them up. ; u ; <3

2. I'm basing her off a character named Cassandra, or Cassie, So Thats what I'm going with for now, she may come up with a different nickname when she pops out of the box though.

3. Aww, the face is the reason I love these babies. xD But then again, I had a very specific girl in mind when I wanted Appini...
      The doll:
      [​IMG]
      The inspiration:
      [​IMG]
      Can anyone else see it? xD Little scrunchy face, high nose, little mouth... Of course Appini's eyes are too big, but that's okay!

4. oh yeah I can see it lol, the lower face has a good resemblance. I like Appini's face actually, look very asian and cat like, which is why I'm working on a character that has something of both lol I dunno if anyone had thought of this but the sleeping head, if done right (using the black bob w/bangs look) and wearing a kimono, the doll could have a strong resemblance to a kokeshi doll XD

5. Well kokeshi dolls are uber cute, so that could be amazing! I can't wait to faceup this dollie...I just wish normal skin was an option, I'm not a white skin fan, but I doubt I'd ever see a face like this again!

6. Ayperi- Thanks <3

Kokeshi doll would be some awesome, i love Kokeshis, I started a collection across my top shelf several years ago, they appealled to me so much ^^

There is something decidedly asianesque about them, the eyes are rather almond, but so large! I was also thinking asian based clothing for Lalana, Wa or Qi Lolita specifically. We'll see what she suits!

Devils Trill- (Yami no Matsuei ref?) Thir english is a little dreadful and lately their customer service has been pretty shocking, so they may not... the whole Idellian muck up, the sudden, inexplicable removal of the popular Carnel and don't get me onto the Christmas kits!!

But keep trying, and if not, keep an eye on the marketplace after, people will get rid of the outfits. May cost a bomb though.

PenguinCheese- Soom Yo Faces are so perfect for her! You could do that so well! Going to dress her the same?

Toxic.shadows- Ah well, they can't make dolls that everyone likes. They may come out with a fox at some point, but convering it would be very simple- Just get a Pipos Cheshire fixed tail- that looks like a fox tail.
      Fantasy colours are unstable, which is why they don't do them much, I figure, and black is so difficult to use, I've only ever really seen it used with the ElfDoll limited Black Catsy...

On a side note...
      I'm not quite sure I see the fuss with the face... Its a connsumate Soom Yo face really, slightly different from the others, but not really enough to warrant all the "OMG! Scrunched face!" critisisms you see- especially on the Soom site its self! I just don't see it, yes, the mouth and nose are small, but so were the Bygg and Beyla, Glot and glati etc. etc, and yes the large eyes do emphasise it a bit.
      But tt's Soom's YoSD style. It's not going to change all that much, why do people expect it to?

7. @LadyKitten :: I think the molds certainly are cute, they aren't horrendous or anything. But I personally am not a big fan of the Teenie Gem face molds in general, that's just my own taste though. c: They're well done either way! But to go as far as to complain about them on the Soom site itself? That's just plain rude! :\

Ugh, okay...so the Soom site is being a royal pain right now. Would someone please help clarify this. D:
      Is there a minimum amount on the first layaway payment? I can't remember how much it is. Or will they just automatically split the total into 4 equal amounts?

8. This one I can help you with, DamonGrey! If your order is under $600, you will be split into 3 equal payments. If your order is $600+, it will be split into 4 equal payments. This is all automatic, once you choose the layaway checkbox you'll get the final order page with the Payment buttons you can use whenever the date comes up (so no need to jot down the dates unless you're paranoid about the site going down).

.hlp

9. Absolutely fair enough if you don't liek the face in general! I assumed so from the fact you were looking for different heads (I took it to mean outside Soom)
      Rant was triggered by the whiners on the Soom site, as soon as Soom put out a new doll there seems to be an avalanche of petty, uninformed complaints. "It's not a FOOOOX! CRIEZ" Sorry they didn't read your mind and predict what you, specifically wanted. They'll try harder next time. "Ew! Scrunchy Face! Bygg/Beyla KyootR!" Get a Bygg and or Beyla then and trade the fantasy parts. Beyla was cream white too, you know.
      And my favourite...
      "No ANKLE JOINT! U Suck at posability!" I assume these are people who have never handled any of Soom's fantasy tinies, if they did they'd know how evil their ankle joints are and how difficult they are to stand up. You have to align it juuuust right...
      And yes, Soom's posability sucks. You want posability, get a fairyland and get over it. Soom is an aestetics company and never has, or never will, really, been all that good at jointing.

gah, sorry, rant. I get so annoyed with it, it's just plain rude, and it's not like Soom are going to DO anything about it either. What can they do?

10. PenguinCheese OMG you're right it does look like Chihiro!!!!

11. As of late yeah, I noticed this failure to really communicate, heh. I reworded my question a little though, if not I'll just try again in Korean or something. If not I might just cave and get Shonki and try to figure out what to do.

And nooope lol. The Devil's Trill Sonata is my favorite violin piece and I thought only of Giusseppe Tartini when I made the name. |D;

12. I agree with you on the rude comments on the Soom site. I'm kind of embarassed when I read something like this. The lack of ankle joints was one of the (many) reasons why I didn't commit to buy Appini, but putting it on Soom's site in that kind of way is really childish. For my part, I hope that Soom will revive the ankle joints, because IMO Beyla/Bygg or Glati/Glot have really good posability because of them (I had a Beyla & a Glot myself ^^). And I really love it, when the doll is sitting and the ankle joint is bend downwards (don't know how to explain it better). It looks so cute! IMO that also counts to "aestetics". I never had a Hati/Skoll, but I adore their paws and I would have been happy if Soom had done Appini/Shonki's paws in that way. But as you said, Soom cannot read my mind (now, that would be scary *lol*).

off-topic: Just in case that Soom actually CAN read my mind => what about sheepies next time *hint, hint*.

13. lol Babyelf, I've had the SKoll wolf parts for a short time and let me tell you I think those were the best ankle joints they made because unless you bend them to the extreme they look smooth with however you pose them because the joint is so rounded. and they are like fat little paws XD I've decided to go with appini parts for my luna because the legs are actually a tad more slender and graceful looking, I figured I loved Winnie Dee legs (somehow the no ankle joint worked really well for them) I may just love these :3 Now I'm just getting some minor stuff to complete my "other" doll. I've decided I do like the red eyes for my appini, but I didn't want the red eyes offer with the set (though awesome as they are) as I want her to have a more clear solid look than glittery. I want red "blind" eyes :D (not pupiless, like dark red pupil with a dark red defining ring) gonna see about getting a custom pair from Captured In Glass here on DOA. They are so awesome and really affordable, even same cost for custom :D I've already gotten a few pairs from them and loved them. My only problem now are deciding between two things. Boy or Girl, Black hair or White hair. X.x;;;

14. Lilly - Yep, pretty much! She's gonna have the long shirt and shorts and my friend is going to make her the outfit that she was wearing in the bathhouse. I actually named my little one "Haru" but she's very based on Chihiro.

Tachiik - I KNOW, RIGHT? That's what I thought IMMEDIATELY when I saw this come up for sale. I didn't even have to think about whether this was right to get, I just KNEW the second I saw the face! It's the only doll I've ever seen that I REALLY felt like it looked a lot like Chihiro!

15. Devil's Trill- Caving can be fun too ;)

OT- That's even cooler. Apologies for simply assuming you knew it only from anime.... classical music isn't most people's strong point.
      I love it personally- we were played it in orchestra as an example of precision... We kept asking for it after that XD

babyelf- Oh really? Wow, it must be a stringing thing then...
      Got a friend with both Bygg and Beyla and it takes her quite a bit of fiddling to make them stand, they usually faceplant, her Bygg is the worst, there are only a few positions he can hold. Another dolly person has a Glot, and she's also pretty rubbish when standing. The slightest hint of uneven surface and she's fainting all over the place. But I've seen dody stringing do some pretty funky things to all kinds of dolls...

But the whinging on the site is appalling. If you don't like the ankle joint, that's fine, like not liking the face... It's all personal taste, and really, you spend so much money on them, you need to be 100% happy... But to be so rude about it?

If Soom could read minds... well, it would get rather unpleasant if they take too long with monthlies XD

Ayperi- It's those little decisions that make the doll... Good luck on choosing! At least you've narrowed it down to a few...

PenguinCheese- That will be utterly adorable- I assume you're not using the cat parts? I can't wait to see!

16. I thought the cat parts were cute, but didn't really see myself NEEDING them. that FACE however was just TOO cute for me to pass up. It will be interesting seeing my faceup'd OE head next to the ZZZ head blank from my split. I was just slain when i saw that cute little mouth!

17. Lilly - Nope, sold em in a split. :)

Also, did anyone else get an email from SOOM saying they were overcharging for shipping and they'd be refunding us the overcharge? :O

18. No D: I hadn't heard anything yet, but then again I'm on layaway so I'm not paying the whole thing up front either.
      update: they did change up what I owed :3 find by me as it's cheaper XD

19. If that's true, less shipping cost will be nice, even for those of us doing splits ^_^.

I'm still looking for those hard to find leg parts in splits but hopefully I can find them before their all gone :(. I've been doing mock ups of different company tinies with the ears and I've found a few that are just so cute and it just wouldn't be the same without those cute little kitty legs!

20. I'm thinking it's going to be near impossible to find those legs...almost as much of a pain as Chalco's skull+horns were to find.
      ( and I still regret splitting those parts off too >< )

Ugh...I'm so torn. I want to try and scrape together some money for an Appini, but I...I don't know if I should. ; ^ ;