1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

[Soom MD/March] Shonki & Appini Bestia Animo!

Mar 22, 2010

1. Wow.. you got lucky!
      My luck is not so good, so I decided to run my own... good thing too because I have yet to catch a split with all the kitty parts open, plus I know I have made several other people very happy. :kitty2

2. The postage thing is interesting. While I was (pretending to be) thinking about buying Lalana, i popped her int he shopping cart. Her postage was on par with my SuperGem- I got him several months ago, but I was pretty sure it was far too much for a Yo.

When I was finally able to admit to myself I'd been Doomed from the moment I saw her and actually ADDED her to the shopping cart, the postage was waaaay cheaper. I was wondering why that was (not complaining, mind)

Now it's the waiting game, and with Soom, that's a gamble. I've heard Chalco's are already getting their shipping notices, perhaps the Shonki and Appini's will be just as quick!

While we're waiting for the first to appear, does anyone have plans? What's their littlie going to wear? What wig? Name? Do you already have YoSD's and will they be fond of a new one moving in?

3. I just got my appini's new dress in today. its lovely but i'm afraid it may be too big for her. its a a good fit for my YoSD kuuta (who hates me now)

I think Mogi's (said YoSD Kuuta) only resentment will be if she happens to arrive home before Nina does, and being as i'm not sure when i will be ordering Nina that may happen! Right now his major problem is that hes modeling a dress.

( I hope shipping is quick nya x3)

4. I'm glad it worked out for you in the end as well! I was really not wanting to open my own split unless absolutely necessary so I'm very happy I stumbled across this one. I'm having the same trouble though with another doll so I may end up running my own split soon enough >_<. I was worried though since the body in my split is still open, but the organizer still intends to run it, just on a layaway if parts aren't sold by the order time.

As for my girl, I'm not sure what's happening right now with her body and head. I was planning on making a Volks hybrid from one of the NYC Dolpa Yo-SD's, but the price for them is making me cry a little. Once I decide on what her body and head will be like though, I'll definitely have a name and style in mind.

5. I think the littlefee bodies match the Soom CW. I may be selling Cassie's body in favor of a LTF body, I really prefer their poseablity, I wont know untill i get my hands on the TG body though, its aesthetic is more in line with my Yo than an LTF would be.

6. Fairyland beautiful white DOES match Soom's cream white. My best friend has her Romantic Beyla head on a LTF BW body, and the match is dead on. The oly thing is, getting the LTF headback off is very hard to do, and LTFs are are built more like a toddler as compared to the child Teenie Gems.

I'm planning on doing up my Appini in yellows and creamy neutral colors, and mostly has girly dressy things. I'm surprised so few people do their dolls up in yellow (I guess since referencing yellow to a doll often equates icky yellowed resin), but the character I'm shelling here always wears the color in some form on her clothes.

7. HUZZAH I have a job interview tomorrow! Job = money = dollies...

8. good luck.

9. It went well, but it's for night shift. >< I'd never see my husband. *sigh* Dolls...or husband... Not a very hard choice. No doll money for me, I suppose.

Anywho, what clothes fit Teenie Gems well? I don't have a clue where to start shopping...

10. I just checked the site, i thought they were off sale yesterday???? they are still up?!?!?

11. Soom typically leaves a doll on-sale through the weekend if the 'end date' falls on the weekend anyway. Now, DO NOT take that as gospel or anything, because I would be horrified if someone waited to order depending on that and ended up disappointed. :( But I've seen this happen many times in the past, although typically they do take the doll down when they come in Monday morning. Considering it's just past noon over there as I type this and they're still available, I'd say they're probably letting them ride a little longer.

.hlp

12. oh, ok i see lol. Was just kinda odd to me that they were still up :sweat

13. they fit Yo-sd clothes *might be a little big* cause these guys are skinny or littlefee.

14. PenguinCheese, all is not lost! They might not be able to offer you the shift that you'd like right now, but you could make sure they know you'd love a day shift! Sometimes you make your own luck, right? :-) Comes in handy, because, you know, most of us can't make our own dolls. LOL!

15. Reizei-Chan- I'm 99% sure YoSD are a very very close match for Soom, I know their joints are erm, pretty identical.

aiko_kikuchiyo- Yeah, as said, the LTF CW fits soom heads, I've seen it a few times with spare heads. Volks also fit, but I dunno about colour match... and price is OUCH! Volks still manages to top the scale of most expensive dolls. Though Fairyland has far better posability- go figure.

Ellanie- Sounds beautiful, and you're right... I don't recall seeing many dolls in yellow at all... which is odd, its a lovely happy colour... Love to see her when you get her!

PenguinCheese- Volks YoSDs. But if you don't want to fork out half your paycheck on an outfit I'm sure the marketplace and etsy will have makers doing things in the right size... LittleFee is a little too big. I tried some of my LTFs dresses on my friends' Beyla and it was just a bit too noticiably large.

Did you manage to get one??

16. Does anyone know if the Appini head will match Island doll bodies? They have two different whites. I'm going to have to try. I love Island dolls bodies and they're the same size as Littlefees.