1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom [MD/OCT] Phonolus – Rauco of Fear

Oct 4, 2011

1. Dear Soom,

Why are you doing this to me? He's perfect for a character I have in mind.

I love everything about this, I'm going to have to think really hard about this, bring another doll into house and having a layaway payment. Decisions, decisions.

2. That photo just clinches it; what a truly amazing face. Their faces really do seem to be getting more and more stunning lately!

3. I am totally in love with this one ... he is beautiful. I will order him this evening, I am soooo excited :D

4. Tawny is what I'm drawn to..........what can I say? Love the tan guys.................

5. I'm confused now, do you already get a whole human body with additional fantasy parts, or is it a human upper body with fantasy legs? I was considering a split as I can't afford both bodies and I wouldn't want the fantasy parts, but if he comes with a human body anyway that makes him a more obtainable proposition :)

6. I was sorely tempted by the white - he's just SO beautiful in it in their photos (for a change), and particularly as a human!
      But it came down to me, that I would have an easier time of it photographing him in tawny, rather than white, due to lighting concerns, and since that's the biggest way I enjoy my dolls... I got tawny on lay away yesterday morning.

Edit: You get a full human body, along with the fantasy parts. :) The extra body option is so you could have a dedicated body for the second head.

7. @ Aernath, thank you :) I cannot believe it but i let River go so there is no way I'm letting this boy escape. I'm definitely getting him, I just can't decide which colour to get :aheartbea

8. Oh you already put him on order!:thumbup
      I'm leaning toward the white...(my Noe wants him...in white) :XD: I've never had a fantasy/doll parts before...but I've always admired Chrom's paws...and Shoshon's hooves. LOL. So maybe it will do me good.
      I did ponder the second body...thinking how cool it would be to have both heads active....but the dolly funds just won't let me.:| I shouldn't even think about getting him...but dang! He's so purrrrrrty.
      ;)

9. I'll probably opt for white, considering as much as I like him in tawny, what I have planned you won't see it anyway.

10. Oh, this would be my first Soom boy, I find him very handsome, especially in tawny, but I prefer a full human body...mmm, fantasy pieces I don't like much, but if these are optional, really I'll consider have this boy.
      So I understand that the default mega gem body (no extra body) I can use it as a human or tiger, is it?
      ahhhh, I want him with boots, not with tiger claws hahahha

11. Gahhh so as I posted when the teaser first came out... He had a human head... And I'm doomed *cough* I mean Soomed! That photo of the blank heads just makes me even more determined to get him...

Luckily I found split partners for his fantasy parts, and I'm hoping to buy him next week! Ack, still so much money...

I don't think there's a waiting room for him yet, is there?

12. I am confused. He comes with the human body and the fantasy body parts? and two heads???? After I put everything in the basket it was over 2k....that can't be right?

13. Yes, human body plus fantasy parts and extra head. Did you pic to add a second body? Soom offers it now for anyone wanting one for the second head. You can also choose to have two of each of the other things so go back and make sure how many of each you picked.

14. I thought I had to add the 2nd body, LOL. Okay...not so bad now. LOL thank you. Now to decide if I need him....

15. I posted this in the waiting room, too. I edited the CW blanks Soom gave me to add a loose approximation of tawny for anyone wanted to play with face-up mockups. I used Phonolus and Albany as references, so it's fairly close, but not perfect. It should more or less suit, and you can play with hue and saturation to fine-tune the skin tone as desired.

[​IMG]

16. I have to stop looking at this guy. It just makes me want him more ^^;

17. Oh God, this guy is seriously making me doubt my plans for a Bronze Chrom in the NYCC event....
      His face is amazaing, he looks like an Idealian! :D

18. Iam totally in love with this beautiful guy...cant wait to have him at home!:aheartbea

19. Does anyone know if the wings attach via harness (so other dolls could wear them) or like Monzo's wings with the plugs in the back? Trying to figure out if they would work on one of my Iple dolls.........