1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom MD October: Nephelin – Sacred Vow

Oct 5, 2010

1. Now there's what I've been waiting for!! She's the first monthly I've been interested in for a while (besides Breccia), and even then I had no plans to get her! But I could be in trouble with this one....I'll be checking her page all day on my phone:lol:

I really can't wait to see the rest of her...the beautiful hands are drawing me in right now, along with that glimpse of her wings!

Are her horns/ears slightly translucent?

2. I was under the impression that her horns/ears AND wings are translucent. That's part of what made me lose my mind about her (I adore translucent resin and thought it was a big shame the didn't use it for Sueve and Tuff's wings).
      Now I'm wondering if I'm just seeing translucent resin where there is none! Oh that would be SO SAD!!

3. I was thinking her parts were white transparent the same way Monzo's were black. I am terrified I am going to NEED this girl— I promised myself I would take a break from buying Soom dolls as I want more diversity in my collection. I JUST paid off my Coquina and Lazule layaways last week, and have been congratulating myself for not owing Soom any money for the first time in nearly a year. ;_;

4. I guess I'm in minority not liking her wings, but I like everything else about her I see.
      I'll be hunting for elements of her stylization I guess.

5. Do you think she'll have other fantasy parts? And if so, what kind??? I'd love to hear everyones guesses!

I'm guessing bird/dragon feet, but I bet it will be more original than that. I'm really hoping for something really different. Would anyone be disappointed if the rest of her was all human?

She seems really skinny. Do you think Soom may have created a new body type for her? I'm also loving what I hope is transparent resin...

6. Urgh I know how you feel!
      My collection has this sort of "same-y" feel as of late, as a huge part of it are Soom MDs, all but one with their original faceup and blushing.
      As beautiful as they are, it definitely leads to them all looking very similar, and there's not a lot of diversity at all.
      I've actually been enjoying the idea of dolls without fantasy feet too, as it gives you more options with clothes - I want to put the gargoyle paws on my Grit, but she's wearing beautiful little stockings right now that I can't seem to take off! x_x

It's my own fault for getting cocky though xD
      Soom hadn't released anything big I've had to have since early 2009, so I was starting to think they'd just gone off in a direction that wasn't my thing for the bigger dolls, and that was FINE. It made my wallet pleased.
      This feels very much like a, "HA HA I'LL SHOW YOU SAFE" from Soom.. directed at me. xDDD

7. Since the description for the winged little gem guys said they were the kids of Euclase and some female "white crow" named Sapphire, I'm guessing Nephelin won't have bird feet, and that they'll save them when they doll is released. If that's the case, what sort WILL she have? I'm not sure. Does anyone know what element she's supposed to be? Her wings have a watery feel to me, but Coquina was water I think, so totally unsure. They don't look like normal wings for sure, though.

midnite: All but one of my Soom dolls have their default face-ups, too. And I LOVE having their fantasy parts on, but they're just too heavy so I end up making them all human anyway, which is silly because the fantasy parts are the huge compelling factor for me. My Chalco's feet are SO heavy that they drag him right off the shelf, so I switched him out yesterday (there.. was a spider.. living in one of his human legs. AUGH AUGH AUGH). I've been buying more non-Soom human dolls lately, and I think it adds a good mix to my doll family.

8. I was thinking claws or perhaps talons too.
      Paws seem unlikely as we already had them on Breccia.
      I'm really hoping she's a dragon, though a bird of some sort wouldn't disappoint me either!

I do hope that's a LOT of transparent resin too!!!!

The skinny-ness might just be the angle? It's a shame, cause I was hoping they'd release an amazing girl this year with the Breccia body, but that just seems very unlikely with Nepelin! No way she could get her hands up like that if she had the bigger chest body xDD

Oh and I think I would be disappointed if she was all human.
      This is the last girl of the year, it feels like they're going all out with her, so they should just GO ALL OUT and make her parts crazy xD
      I'm pretty sure she won't be human aside the wings though, as I'm not sure how she would stand up with those huge wings without some bigger feet to balance on! ::laughs::

9. That is DEFINITELY a factor for me too!
      My Cuprit is just SO SO SO heavy that I never pick her up!
      She sits there looking beautiful, and beautiful she is, but she doesn't really get played with at all because getting her off the shelf just feels like SO MUCH effort xD
      I was lucky enough to be able to poke at a Chalco and yes, WOW his legs are heavy! I can't imagine how heavy he'd be with them actually attached!!! (they weren't when I poked at them)

I too have been bringing how more non Soom dolls as of late (mainly Rosen Lied and old Custom House limiteds) and it IS adding a nice mix to the group, but it's getting impossible to keep up with Soom AND buy dolls from other companies.
      Hell it's hard keeping up with just Soom! x_x

10. midnitestar7, I hope they went all out and gave her crazy parts too! XD
      Personally, I own a Breccia and am also waiting for two more SGs. I always hope Soom releases new bodies or body parts (like Monzo's Mega Gem body, Breccia's enhanced chest, and Amber's faun waist). Personally, I think it's almost a waist when I buy a new doll that looks so similar to the other ones I own. I was guessing that Soom may have given Nephelin a slightly different body because her fingers just look so slender!!!

11. I definitely know what you mean!
      I did NOT want another CW SG coming home because she would be so similar to my Cuprit in many ways.
      If I brought another SG home, I wanted her to be a different resin colour, or to have the Breccia body.
      I just don't know if I can rationalize having 2 CW SG at home with the exact same body and everything. ^_^;;
      So yes, I'd love to think that they've designed a new body here, especially as the boy releases this year have had a Mega Gem body and a Centaur body! Feels like it's time for the girl body to have a bit of a redesign - though I guess they could only go thinner, and I'm not sure how well those wings would hold up on a thinner body? Plus the chest size would get smaller and that would be just SAD. xD

12. Does anyone else think they're just teasing us with the drop down lists? =.=

13. I don't expect them to release tonight, I think they're just being mean lol.

14. I think they're teasing us too xDDD
      It's too weird for them to release a doll the day after the teaser goes up!
      I was hoping at the least, we'd get a new teaser pic though.

At least now I know how much pain a fullset is going to cost. x_x
      Though I guess, assuming she has fantasy feet, I could pass on the shoes maybe? xD
      I have the Cass shoes and NEVER use them because my Cuprit is always in her hooves (though she is wearing the human Cass dress and looking stunning xD)
      So that will save me what...$53? xD
      I hate how expensive sanding is though. It's a must have for me so, I'm always stuck with the extra cost. x_x

15. I had to sand a doll this month and let me tell you... from now on I'm always buying dolls sanded. Also, Breccia wasn't sanded and she has a huge seam that could be used as a weapon XD XD

I'm getting OT. But yes... sanding is a must.

Are Nephelin's eyes grey or teal?

16. I asked Soom and they said she will be availiable in CW only.

17. I hope not >_> I was so hoping her release today because of the drop down lists! Since this morning, I'm refreshing my page every 5 minutes =___=

18. I'm not sure if we should really expect her release today .. a little late in Korea already ;_; ..
      But one can hope!

19. I know, I'm refreshing like mad too. I think we should all take a break for our own sanity!

20. Interesting, they've done late postings before, I've seen a doll go up as late as midnight Korean time once in the past. But unexpected. I wonder if they'll be formally implmenting the 5-part and 6-part layaway system for her? Might save some people's pocketbooks a little! ^ ^

Today, I'm pretty sure I won't be getting her, I think I've talked myself out of her...for now. We'll see how my resolve withstands the release of the remaining pictures, LOL!

.hlp