1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom [MD/Sep] Epidos - Flame Sword discussion.

Aug 30, 2010

1. Regarding Lazule, I remember Soom saying back in May that they were discontinuing both Lupin and Lazule and that CW SGs would no longer be available. However, they didn't say when this would happen. I guess when the new SG sculpts come out. I do hope that they change their minds about Lazule as it is a beautiful sculpt.

2. ^^ Yes, but they haven't made up their minds about the dates tho'... They told me in 2-3 more months, Lazule will still be available. I don't know if after that time frame they will discontinue him... Maybe at the end of the year?

3. yes, that's an NS chalco... XD

4. thanks! hes lovely too :)

5. I generally think his proportions look better without the outfit, when he wears clothes, it bulks up his torso and makes it look much bigger than the horse part.

6. I would agree with you there, Humbug -he's nicer without the clothes, even though it's a great outfit!

7. Good news, fellows~ Soom has a section for Centauroid Gem right above Super Gem, maybe the centaur body will be released separately afterall? XD

8. Yep, that's been there since he was first released, so people are hopeful, but Soom's keeping mum as usual.

.hlp

9. I'd love to have a centaur at some point - I would have liked to get Epidos in both versions, but hadn't got the funds even for layaway! Or the patience to wait...well, I think I'll start saving now for any future centaurs.

10. I'm still debating to the last second on whether to get him. He looks line for line like the original character bjd concept I have on my photobucket. From his upturned nose, to his lip shape, to even his elf ears. Yet I always dislike the faceups SOOM gives its monthlies. I just can't tell whether he would look like my original character in a different faceup. I think I might risk the second-hand market prices to see whether or not he looks like the way I imagine him to in different faceups.

It's actually eerily similar to my character design. Though, I did base it heavily off of bjds and Sard, so I doubt SOOM saw my concept.

11. Last day to order him!

There's always room in the waiting thread! ;) </enabling>

Actually, if he looks pretty much like your character (minus the face up) I'd strongly consider getting him. Paint is easy to fix.

12. Yeah, I've been stalking this thread as I wait for the possible appearance of tiny versions, and I felt idrisfynn's post deserves a repost.

Centaurs are complete, 100% creatures of fantasy. Yes, they may be based off of the idea of a man and a horse, but aren't dragons also based off of lizards/dinosaurs? Wouldn't it be silly if we were agrivated that the latest dragon model was not anatomically similar enough to a lizzard? The Greeks (and sometimes the minoans) are mostly credited with the creation of the Centaur, at least the one we are most familiar with today, and even they never gave them appropriate man-to-horse ratios. And these are the Greeks we're talking about! Proportion and perfection were their ultimate goals in life!

This is actually one of the original (or the oldest we've found) Greek Centaurs.
      http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/pan1112/centaur.jpg

Soom could have, in all rights, given us this handsome guy and his odd little poop hat. :lol: Even in the classical period when Greek art couldn't get even a hair more perfect, centaurs were still a matter of fantastical proportions.

Check out this guy's scale http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/pan1112/Elgin_marbles_by_ConsciousVision.jpg (this is one of the sculptures from the frieze of the Parthenon I believe, so it's the classical period) He's very similarly proporioned to our dear Epidos (minus the big ole' noggin, but that's just a bjd thing).

I just wanted to throw in my two cents, however unnecessary it was. I love Greek art and I ADORE the centaurs of the earlier mythological period. (you know, all the raping and kidnapping :lol: ) I just find it interesting that people are put off from the mytholigical creature because his proportions are off. I know many people here own or love horses, and that is often a source of the irritation, but centaurs are not horses just as dragons are not lizards or dinosaurs.

(Also please forgive any historical inaccuracies. My ancient Greek art history is a bit rusty.)

~end rant~

13. So... how many of you are going to make Epidos a daddy, given the two new Tinies that just came out...

14. Apologies for the double post, but...

[​IMG]

15. purajo - looking at your photos of Jaeryn kept megoing while I waited for my boy to come home, he has a happy glow to him!

I took some pics of Robin with my other SG boys (and Joe who's on a 70cm body) and look - he's shorter -
      [​IMG]
      Compare02 by Scarlett Empress, on Flickr

He's a Teenie Gem ha ha!
      [​IMG]
      Compare04 by Scarlett Empress, on Flickr

Please excuse him looking so scruffy, I didn't sew the poppers on his shirt yet.

16. He's shorter than other Supergems? O_O

17. Well, I just measured them, and Epidos is 65cm - which is what I thought all the SGs were - and Lazule is 67cm. According to my dodgy measuring anyway!

18. How cute is that? Love the picture with both of them standing back to back. So cute!