1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom [MD/Sep] Epidos - Flame Sword discussion.

Aug 30, 2010

1. i usually have little to no attraction to soom dolls, but goodness, he is beautiful! i love his profile, and really he just looks so so sweet. <3

2. Wow hes smaller! Thats interesting. Is his head smaller as well?

3. honestrabbit - yes his head is smaller, I tried a lot of different wigs on him the other day and the 7-8 sizes fitted him really well! It suits me that he's a bit smaller than my Spinel because it makes a bit more variety for in my photostories.

4. Congrats to all those with Epidos at home!

I'm very curious to know though.. from looking at many owner pictures, it appears that Epidos's normal skintone is a bit pinker than normal? I'm worried about this, since I have a unicenta head coming home. ^^

5. Waiting for the child returned home……

6. His color looks a bit lighter than some of the other recent NS. I have a few in their older, lighter NS, and it's more yellowish than the pinky Epidos, but they're also old enough that their color may have yellowed some naturally. It's more pinkish than the peachy, slightly darker NS that arrived with Coquina, that much is certain. (I'd try to get a picture but the camera is still a fugitive from me being able to find it.) It's a really nice color, but I don't know how good it will be for matching.

7. Matching is what I fear, since I have a head coming home. I was originally planning on a Luts body since it's worked for a previous Soom head, but they're more yellow toned than pinkish. Any pictures would be a big help (of course, once the camera makes an appearance ^^ ).

8. I have a Chrom head sitting here, fortunately unblushed, waiting to see what the match is like, gah. Soom, why?!

.hlp

9. Glad to be of service :)

I also think it depends on the company, because Jaeryn's wearing a 8-9 Iplehouse that fits him just nicely. Yet I'm hearing that Leeke is a little on the loose side.

Mine has a nice peachy-cream color. Believe me he's not as pinky as my DOC - now that was certainly pinky NS. He matches closer to my Iple NS girl and FL Pukifee color. And I really like that peachy-cream color btw. It gives him a soft glow under warm lighting or daylight.

Also, just to let you know... I bought some SDF clothes from Luts. The shirt fits just fine. The pants on the other hand are a little loose. Can be fixed with a belt. The length is just nice though.

10. If this isn't allowed mods, please feel free to delete :aheartbea

I queried with SOOM about a restringing guide for our teenytaurs and epidos' and this is what i got:

Dear customer,

Good day !

Regarding your request :

Okay, we will think about your idea and take some pictures that we would put on our website.

Thank you for letting us know about your opinion, we really appreciate it.^^

If you have more questions or suggestions, please let me know at any time.

Best regards,

Victoria, SOOM

>
      >
      > ^.^ Hello soom,
      >
      > I would like to make a request on behalf of everyone who has ordered Epidos, Minette or Pyrol...
      >
      > Would it be possible for you to make a photographic stringing guide for our ponies please? Most of us have no idea how they should be strung and would love a guide to come back to!
      >
      > Thank you <3
      >
      > ~Cloud
      >

So everyone should keep an eye out for that :D

11. That would be massively helpful! There are pictures in the manual that came with him, but they are on the small side, and I don't know if I'm just getting old and my eyes are going or what, but it's a little tricky to tell what exactly is going on there and how everything is intended to fit together in a few spots. (Especially since various pieces seeeeeeem to fit various places, and in different ways.)

12. ^.^ I didn't know about the manuals but i thought this would be a useful site section for soom xD since i know i'm bound to misplace my manual when minette gets here ;A; *clumsy*

13. Well... I got in some SD17 clothes from TATA's Paradise.... I think Epidos must really be skinner than the regular Super Gem boys around the hips because even those pants are loose on him... OTL

The shirts fit just nicely though.
      I'm thinking maybe I'll try looking for SD13 long-leg pants next... and maybe try the pants on with him wearing underwear and hope that an extra layer of fabric will hold the pants in place. XD

Meanwhile... I'm catching up on some photoshoots I did over the Christmas season, and here's one with Jaeryn and his little one: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...ping-Dad-Company-Soom-Epidos-and-Pyrol-(human

14. Hi! I have a centaur body on layaway, but I do not know if I care for the human part - it looks thin to me. Does anyone know if a beefier torso (and arms) will fit on the horse part? I haven't seen him in real life, but my only guy so far is a Branon Idealian so I am thinking he is going to be almost lanky. I am hoping maybe a Monzo body will fit.

15. Has anybody thought about hybridizing the centaur body with Souldoll's Vito sized guys? I mean, obviously joining the two would take modwork, but...

16. I want one so badly!!