1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Mecha Angel 80cm

Feb 22, 2007

1. my boy came yesterday and wow he's tall!! I took some pictures of him and will put them up in the gallery later today:love

2. Oh, that's sad that your beau is so stressed about the shapes of your dolls. That can make things uncomfortable, I guess. Well, it's nice that you're sensitive to his feelings. Luckily my hubby has an artist's interest in the sculpts and carefully inspects each doll as it comes into the household, with an eye for realism, etc. He didn't bat an eye about Jace, except to comment, "that's some six-pack!" and "he looks sad? Why is he sad? What does a doll have to be sad about?", which just made me laugh. But he was very interested when I was doing blushing and hair on my Dollshe boy...and made suggestions and supportive comments. But...we've been married for 23 years, so perhaps your fiance will be more comfortable with these things once you've been married awhile and he's feeling secure. Something to look forward to in years to come! :aheartbea

3. Eh, I can understand a significant other disliking one's dolls. Especially a male significant other. My boyfriend can't stand my dolls at all; they make him feel like a pedophile, even when I explain that I don't really play with them in the same sense that little girls do. Besides, these dolls are collector's items.

I thought he'd be more comfortable with the Mecha Angel, because he isn't nearly as boyish as my El is (He won't even touch my girls, which is a good thing, I suppose.), but I was way wrong. He thinks he's too realistic.

I always thought that realism was the point of a doll. o.O

4. I'm so jelous! people already have him and I've only paied off 2 of the layaway payments and have 3 more to pay.

awwwwww

5. I second every pixel of what you said !! :)

6. At least all the reviews have been good! So you can look forward to loving him when he arrives! Mine is here and he looks wonderful! I haven't taken him out of the box yet. I picked him up at lunch time and opened the box and checked his fingers, etc! Very nice packaging, but I don't like taking dolls in and out of the foam inserts frequently, so he will just have to stay out of his box!

Nancy

7. I'm also in the same boat as you! ^^; I just paid my 2nd payment today.

Like Nancy has said, there has been a lot of positive reviews about him so he'll be worth the wait. ^^

I hope owners continue to post more pictures while I wait for him so it doesnt feel as if I've been waiting a long time. I guess this is just wishful thinking on my part? hahaha xD

On the bright side, our boy will come :)

8. I'm having problems making mine stand because of his ankles. Given that other people aren't having the same problem, I'll either suede them or put him in boots.

Sue

9. Sue,

Check the positioning of the ankle peices. There are two little slots in the ankle peice that need to go over two little bars in the foot piece. One of mine was not settled correctly after I took the packing out.

Nancy

10. Thanks Nancy, I'll take a look. Everything else is perfect, he doesn't even need the hip pieces in. I really love everything about him.

11. Well, I must confess that I haven't taken any pictures of my handsom guy yet! I have tried some shoes on him, and all of the SD13 shoes that I bought for Hound fit him, Even the ones I could never get on Hound! He's currently wearing Hound's ruffled white shirt by Cheerydoll shirt. He's complaining that it's way too tight in the shoulders!

12. *sighs, adds mecha Angel on her wish-list* Hmm..on one pic where the head was put on the Dollshe-body he looked a bit out of propotion to me, or is it just the contrasting skin-tones ? o_o"
      ^^" I should stop anoying people with this...<_< *hides*

13. I don't think Sabik's head on a Dollshe body is that bad. That makes him 7 heads high, which is a little on the low end for your average guy. Most guys are somewhere between 7-9 heads high...the "ideal" is 8 heads high, and Dollshe boys are actually more like 8.5 or 9 heads high.

--MW

14. Finally!! My boy is home now!!! I think I'm the last one receiving him! XD

15. We want pictures! :D
      This boy is so gorgeous, *drools*

16. Nope! I'm still waiting...due to the dang carrier bag! *sigh* I'm good, I'm good. I just want my boy like yesterday ;(

17. Oh! I sympathize! My Sabik keeps asking when his friend will be in town! He wants to see someone his own height!

18. How do you know? O_o

Well, I'm still paying off mine so I dont think you're the last one... ^^;;

Anyways, please show us pictures!!! :D