1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Mecha Angel Rex!

Mar 15, 2008

1. I agree that he doesn't look so whip-thin as Sabik; he looks simply like a tall, skinny, very attractive young man. I agree that 80cm is just a bit too huge for me, but he is just gorgeous. Those big, full lips! The shape of that nose! The somber eyes.

He does slightly seem reminiscent of Dollstown, now that I take a look at his eyes and mouth. Oh, that only makes me like him even more.

2. He's awesome! My only rationalization to save my sanity and my finance is that if I do decide on buying, I must buy two mecha angels at one time and not one so that he won't feel so left out with my other 60+cm boys :sweat. So far its working, every time I think of the cost of 2 mecha angels I cringe :lol:. (Now what would happen if I saved enough to buy 2..@_@ At least it won't be for a few more years)

3. Hey, nice to see you as well! I am impressed by those 10 months ;)
      Well, uhm... I wanted Rex 6 days after I purchased Vega. They just happened to be released the same month, and as Vega was a monthly I did not want to miss him. Now I am counting money... If I do not order Rex today, I don't know when he will be available again. I seriously need to slow down on my purchases, or sell some of those I already have :( Having a feeling I will end up with a Soom harem if the Super Gems and Mecha Angels continue in growth. :?

HydraKitten I totally agree... it feels sort of sad to have only one doll in a size range. I want to order Rex so badly, but I also cringe by the thought of spending all those money in one month. It's crazy, but today is the last ordering day and I am getting little time to decide. Even my boyfriend said something like "ooooh, I can totally see why you want him!" and said he didn't mind me buying Rex despite me having a Vega before shipping. Ok, going to the bank and checking if I can afford him at all... Somebody needs to be locked up in a house with no internet connection soon :doh Feeling like a 6 year old back in the toystore.

4. LOL! Tell me about it!

I'm definately converting to Soom. I love Iplehouse still but Soom is just hitting my buttons like a ADHD bunny rabbit! :D Well I'm looking at 4 Soom boys so far. I'll probably wait on Max right now cause...well it annoyed me to miss out on the Cyborg Sabik. That arm was wicked! I'm willing to wait one...maybe two more released, just in case I can get lucky!

5. I have been looking at Sabik for the longest time, he has the most beautiful face; but it's those anorexic arms and legs that have stopped me from ordering him. Rex's arms look like they have a little bit more meat on them, is his body available for Sabik? Because if it is I am in trouble.

6. Oh I seriously think that hot bod is available for all the MA. Now if he was in the 60cm+ range, I'll buy him in a heartbeat before even checking if I have the money or not :sweat He is my dream doll since I laid my eyes on him.

You and me both. I'm a Soom convert now as well :|

7. Mecha Angels are the SD version of my scrawny boyfriend. :lol: Being 6.5 and 165 pounds, his proportions are not very different. I think it's cute and nerdy ;) Although I agree that the new arms look better than the old ones- my guess is the next releases of all Mecha Angels will be updated to have them. Cannot wait till Vega and Rex (wups, I managed for 5 days, but jumped at the buy-button the last day)... arrive! Gonna have to make them pose together.

... Still want Lupin, I think, but I would like to see owner pictures. I really cannot afford to buy more dolls atm, while waiting for 2 Mecha Angels. :roll: I hope Elf Sabik will not be released anytime soon, since I saw SDinks Heath I have been such a sucker for Sabik. As long as there was only one 80cm doll on my wishlist, it was easier to not buy him... now I can create a MA army.

I agree MieAga... I did have an Iplehouse thing going on and hardly looked at other dolls until Soom released Spinel. Now they are releasing gorgeous mature dolls in such a high speed, I totally feel the ADHD bunny rabbit thingie (love that expression btw)- I am hooked. I wonder if anyone ever approached a therapist saying "I got a doll addiction out of control"... guessing yes.

Feeling financial guilty as h**l, but still: Woohoo, cannot believe I will have 2 of these beauties :D

8. I think someone mentioned earlier in this thread that there have been some changes. Really the first version arms aren't all that bad in person. Pictures make him look skinny, but he looks better in person.

Hydra Kitten Well at least we accept our fate! :aheartbea*_*:love*_*[​IMG]:aheartbea

9. I shouldn't have looked at this thread T__T
      All of my doll plans have just been put on hold -- I definately need this guy home <3

10. Hehehe~ it is nice seeing you here! ^_^

Yeah, Soom is also converting me over too (But I still like Iplehouse's boys and girls haha) ... I think we're both wanting the same boys and I like their Super Gem boys too (Sabik, Vega, Rex, Lupin, etc) XD;; ...and it doesn't help that Soom allows layaways. That makes it even more tempting for me to buy them. :sweat

11. ...What?! :D :D :D

-goes to check on this!!-

12. hes so cute :D but i think all the mecha angels are so good looking if only they were real ;)

13. *hides in the corner, convincing herself she can wait untill the June release of him* I just ordered a doll...I just ordered a doll....will...WILL....wait...but I love him. First MA after Sabik I thought omg. Need. :XD:

14. Hehe, I know the feeling ;)

But all in all there are already 4 male Mecha Angels, with the male version of Vega as March monthly :) Although I am under the impression that Corvi is not nearly as popular as Sabik. If I won the lottery, I would not mind having Elf Sabik with a custom faceup. *must... stay.... away from SOOM website... must... not look at Super Gems and Mecha Angels! Must... have... money left for food and rent* :o

Now for the wait that always feels like forever :| I am so awfully weak while waiting for dolls, last time I had a 2 month wait for my Tanned Soo Ri, I managed to buy another 2 dolls in the meantime :doh *seriously needs to get a grip, and either start selling or stop buying dolls*.

15. LOL! Glad I could amuse:P Yeah Spinel was the start. I found myself drooling and then it was one right after another. I'm sure someone has seeked out a therapist for their doll habit. You won't find them here though;) I wouldn't feel guilty though about the $$$. Some people sup-up their cars, others buy video games and movies, other buy shoes and fancy purses. You work to afford the things that enjoy and bring a little happiness to your life. So as long as you are happy, you're doing it right.

LOL! You are going to need to get some clothes patterns ready for your big boys, lest they be nekid! Also some of the stretchier shirts for the Model dolls will fit. You are on your own for pants though.

16. Gah, his face ate my soul. Wish he wasn't so big, but he could be good pals with my Jace mebbe.

17. Mieaga: Yeah, I think you are right :) I do work full time and support myself, so I really should not need to feel bad about what I spend my earnings on. I usually use the excuses "I don't have a car", "I don't smoke" and "I don't go on fancy holidays" :lol: I am after all not spending any money that I do not have in hand.

Luckily, I ordered black pants and a v-neck, plus a silk shirt for MA, but when I ordered Rex the pants were sold out... so I guess it is back to sewing. Maybe I will try out the Model hirts eventually too, but atm I am planning for Rex to have a more "vampire gentleman" outfit, so we'll see, it's been awhile since I made clothes. I ordered shoes and boots as well, but I am still wondering if he might fit into Hound boots. Oh, dollies please hurry up!

18. Hound shoes= too big for MA feet imo. big SD13 shoes are tight but better fit then hound shoes/model doll shoes as MA has 8.4cm feet :)

19. YAAAH! He's here!! *_* Oh, daaaamn you Soom!! I can't even allow myself to LOOK at Rex today, because he makes me very very weak. Ummm. :aheartbea If I had one, I would want a Rex and a Sabik, for a big-and-little brother team (I so dig the Soom Family resemblance). But, crapazola-- did I or did I not just buy a freakin 81-cm merman from these people?! And did I or did I not just buy TODAY, the same day they decide to fling this long-legged chunk of temptation at me? Ahh... the giant beauties are coming at us hot and heavy... you're killing us, Soom... ;;

That face! That face is really something else. Don't let those wide eyes and soft lips fool you... I think this guy keeps a knife in his jeans, sans underwear. *melts* They didn't help matters by posing him wet & half-naked with messy hair, either. Hoo doggies.

*patpat* I bet on 'don't worry'... Soom always seems to come out with further Regular and/or Fancy Limited versions of these Mecha Angels later on. At least they've done that so far with the others. Just noticed that normalskin Deneb will be available soon, and for awhile we were seeing Sabik-of-the-Month.

Once again, I'm in the same boat as you! JUST bought that big blue Vega, and now am trying not to fall in love with Rex. Have we been purchasing some of the same men lately too... and if so, can't we place the blame squarely on Soom & Iplehouse (and possibly Miss Limhwa)? :lol:

Luckily, Mr. Giant Merman Vega seems like the kind of fish who doesn't care too much about having company his own size, because he's so far out. I have a teeny Rei-tenshi who's similarly odd-man-out in the size department; maybe they can be friends. XD That's not to say I still wouldn't mind if I also had a Rex & a Sabik to keep Mr. Merman company... But for THREE Mecha Angels, gah! I think I'd need a 3-bedroom apartment. ^^

20. Definitely pull out all the stops. No 'play nice' from Soom. Oh no!

Well you have our sypmathies JennyNemesis. We'll be buying no less than 5 dolls from Soom this year...and counting if they keep this winning streak going. Our over 70cm doll collection will be very heavy to carry around :P