1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Mecha Angel Rex!

Mar 15, 2008

1. Rex is a standard. I bet he will be available the next 15. Don't worry :)

2. I'm trying to resist a Sabik, but if they're putting him on this guy's body AND doing layaway...

...and it would be cruel to have just one ultra-tall wouldn't it?

3. Rex is such a cutie. I also loveeeee loveee loveee that name.

It reminds me of T-Rex. :)

4. satoru: Yes, they do layaways. $300 and up is 2 months and $500 and up is 4 months...or something like that. XD; I mean, if you get pay $400 per month and this boy costs $1200...you can pay him off in 3 months! That's how I got my Sabik boy :3

Ravnsvart: I do have a Hound jacket that fits my Sabik boy Sei tho...Hound shirts might be too tight and too short. Jerome, who has a hound body fits sd13 tops. XD; I'm not too fond of Soom's clothes for MA, so I took the sewing route too. I hope to see pictures of the clothes you sew for you boy :3

kazezakura: I have dollmore's black loafer shoes and I think he looks good in it. I guess I prefer boys with bigger feet. ^^; My boy doesn't fit sd13 (from Leekeworld), but strangely Jerome (with a Dollshe body), fits sd13 instead...:sweat

JennyNemesis: I want the same boys you just bought, but I'll get them after I pay off my credit card (next year D: ) so please post pictures of your beautiful boys~ I can't wait~ :3

Moulin: It has been cruel! XD; Omg, I remember when I first got my boy, I kept looking and looking for his companions...Now I dont have to worry about that any more...just gotta worry about my wallet! :sweat

Congrats to those that bought him this month! :3

5. That's actually what I am planning to do with my Rex! He's going to be my Sabik's fraternal twin brother! :XD: Well, once I can afford him anyway. Has my tax return arrived yet? :sweat

6. Lol, I think we might share our taste in hunky resin :lol: I don't have a Limhwa (as of yet...) but I do however have 4 IH dolls :roll:

And it's no turning back, I already waved goodbye to my money and ordered a friend for my merman. And I have been drooling all over Sabik for a long time, so I am really hoping to be able to get the WS elf version, but hopefully they decide to release him a couple of paychecks from now. Luckily I don't have dolly cravings for Corvi or Deneb, or I would be doomed.

I do however agree that mister Merman could do well as a loner... I just used him as an excuse to get more Mecha Angels into my home. Btw I seriously need a bigger home. Meaning I might have to not buy dollies for awhile :...( *big spoiled brat*. Are you still going for the Bubble Machine theme Jenny? ;) *Has a daydream fantasy of having Sabik, Vega and Rex in her living room*

I'm not too fond of the name "Rex" though... makes me think of a Rex the police dog. Now, when they were going for a latin name, why not choose something more appropiate for a spring release, like Tussilago? That would be hilarious ;)

7. Rex! I love Inspector Rex - and muahahah it's a chance to practise my Deutsch, too.

8. ROFLMAO! That couldn't be a more perfect description! Until now I have have been a dyed in the wool Limhwa fan but lately I have been lusting after some of these Soom boys! I was thinking that my next purchase was going to be a Unoa, but with the dollar in the shape that it is in, it is almost enough to the buy a Sabik Elf I've been lusting after. Now if only I could come up with the funds for the Vega Last Song... LOL! If we had won the big lottery on the recently, my husband and I had agreed I would get the Vega and he would get the Deneb Planet Spirit (she is so Witchblade!). Oh well, no such luck. ;) Back to scraping together my pennies.

9. Five! Jiminy! Time to do more military-presses & pushups... You'll need bigger trapezius muscles for that. Lugging all that around, you two are going to be the buffest people at meetups.

Namu used to be my one-and-only Soom love, but damn, have they been giving him a LOT of delicious older brothers lately. They've really taken off like a rocket with this recent trend towards elegant mature faces, I mean, they're burning us up! I'm really not going to write Rex out of the picture altogether yet, now that I've broken the 81cm ice with Mr Merman... will be eager to see what versions of him come out later. And I still imagine that someday a perfect Cyborg Sabik fullset will land in my lap (the Doll Fairy has to subcontract a crowd of pixie day-laborers to shove THAT box under my pillow). A girl can dream.

Aww... The Tax Return Fairy wasn't quite nice enough for two Mecha Angels, huh? ;; What an excellent pair that'd be to have at home. Crikey, that Tan Deneb fullset is SO Witchblade. :love I'd love to just meet one of her, and shake her black-nailed silver-ringed hand.

:lol: Welllll, first let's wait & see how the Fishman will fit in my living-room... and THEN see if there's any room left for a bubble-machine. I mean, if it's true what you guys're saying & Soom will ship these LEs within a month, then, *fwah!* I won't have much time to knock down some walls & build him a Dream Aquarium!

But I've already got a big blue metallic lame' drapery that he can nestle in, and *giggle* a pink plush Jellyfish stuffie with ruched chiffon tentacles that he can sit on if he gets tired swimming. XD

Re Sabik/Rex/Vega: That trio would be one FINE lineup. I mean, all told, that's over 1 metre's worth of leg. :drool

And my god, yes, I just SAW in your signature that you've bought another one already! Double congratulations!! Hoo hoo! When you see The Right Face and you know it's the one, if you have the wherewithal to get him, then why wait? Oh boy, I can't wait to see all the Rex pictures from you guys. Keep my appetite for him whetted in the coming months. ^^

10. Oh, don't worry, we will spam ;)

Tax return fairy won't show up until june I think, but if the fairy is nice, maybe I will have Elf Sabik? I don't know if Cyborg Sabik was a one time event, or if he returns other than on the aftermarket? "I'll be back!" Hahahaha.... sorry, my sence of fun is terrible. :doh Hope you will get him one way or the other!

MieAga: Five Soom in one year is not that bad, considering how many temptations they present to us nowadays. When this year started, I had... zero Soom dolls. When my beauties ship, I will have 3 :drool ... and if I am still happy with Soom, and they keep up their pace with releasing mature dolls... I will probably rob the bank. :mwahaha ...just... one... more... must.... have... Elf Sabik! Gaaaaaaaa *zombie maniac* :ablink:

11. SOOM told me next Rex release will be June :)

And aquarius85- I have them too XD I find them wayy too big and it annoys me as the feet slide around in the shoe 0_o But I guess if you stuff them they are ok, I think really MA Men should have bigger feet....(It's silly, very tall doll with nearly SD sized feet XD) My dollheart SD13 shoes all fit my Sabik, though it's a tight fit.

12. Gilshallos - Oh I can see how you would fall for these new Soom Faces. There are enough simularities with Limhwa to trigger APPEAL. Oh my hubby wanted the 'sharp pointy stick too' ! LOL!!! Boys and their toys eh?

JennyNemesis - It would be one thing if it was just me. But bothe Deneb and Dia got the 'DirtyD' seal of approval! So their harrem membership is pending (mostly on my bank account) :P

I can't wait to see the Vega merman pictures. You really showcase your boys amazingly. Bubbles or no, it'll be a show I won't want to miss :D

Ravnsvart - Ya know the funny thing was that at the beginning of the year I had a conversation with the wonderful lady I bought my Vega hybrid from. I was wondering if we'd get another mecha boy, but wasn't sure if Corvi was an 'add on' to the Mecha Angel group or one of the origional 4. She had thought that 'Rex' was some mix up, or the doll got renamed to Corvi. We finished the dicussion with her theory being the most plausible. Funny how you look back and go...totally missed that one! With the 5 we'll have 6 Sooms and a Hybrid. Ce La Vie :D

13. Hmm, June release will be good. But that doesn't really make it seem like he's a regular FFD doll does it? Hmmm. *ponders the possibility of a LE Month Rex*

14. OMG Mariemisu you and I must share a brain cause my heart just dropped when I saw you posted this, I fell in love with Rex on sight saturday and immediately bought him with the intention of making he and Sabik fraternal twin brothers too. I guess we'll have two sets of fraternal Mech Angel twinsXD

15. .....Mine's going to be my Sabik's son :XD:

16. Ooh I can see that! I can't wait to see them together!:) I love your boy btw, he's one of the few I actually see around, I swear people don't take enough pics of their MA boys.

17. LOL, that's so awesome! :XD: For some reason he and Sabik just seem like family, don't they? Congrats on nabbing your Rex this FFD, I'm gonna have to wait until June to get mine. Sadness and kittens. :(

18. They do look like family, which is why I couldn't resist! I feel better about them having company in their size too:lol: Thank you! Aww, you'll get him soon! At least this gives you time to save up so that way when he's available you can pounce on him.:) I've got my guy on layaway so it's going to be a while anyhow.