1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM Mega-Gem General Discussion

Oct 6, 2011

1. Yes, I got the full set! I hope to get him together soon!

2. Oh my goodness I can't wait to see him! :D

3. Uhm it suppose to be human except his ears,hoping to find here some parts for him too x3 he was really loose,i am his second owner/mommy x3 ♥️. Hope i can do some good darkish angel outfit for him x3

4. Oh cool! Sounds like he's in need of some new elastic too.

5. I love that the PJ's have cats on them; I take it your boy is a cat person too? ;)
      Also what kind of cat is that? It looks like a ragdoll and I've been thinking about adopting one of those. :love

6. He is. He kind of had to adapt in this house! LOL

The cat is a ragdoll. He’s honestly so sweet and the ragdoll breed certainly lives up to their docile reputation in my opinion. Aw, that’s nice you’re thinking about adopting a kitty. :) If you decide on a ragdoll, they definitely are playful, curious, silly, but very laid back kitties!

7. @Quiet and Insane

I LOVE your Anubis. He looks great.

I just love that outfit as well. I did twik mine a little bit, but I found it to be such a perfect outfit. The headband is beautiful.

My Anubis is on a phonolus body

8. @Bren - Thank you! :D Oh as soon as I saw this outfit I knew I needed it for Nascence. He's my grail and I don't spoil him nearly as much as I should. :lol: He's on a Phonolus body too! There's something just so right about seeing him on that body. It's like it was made for him.

#449 Quiet and Insane, Feb 14, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    9. YAY!!!! I whole hearted agree. He really is a jewel. I was soo happy when I was able to get an Anubis head. I came into the soom game a little late when all my favorites has been long sold out since my staple of collection is another brand. I like his name as well. Really love the outdoor background.

10. I started the whole hobby in late 2013/early 2014 (when I ordered and recieved my first doll) by the time I "discovered" Soom he was well and truly discontinued. But I was absolutely determined to have him. I've been obsessed with Ancient Egypt since I was a small child and my first tattoo was a jackal and hieroglyphics.
      Thank you! That's just out in my backyard, and his name is a reference to a video game I adore. Though it's more of a nickname for him because he doesn't want people to worry about how to say or spell his real name. :lol: Not many people can read hieroglyphs these days.

11. You were like me. The few I do possess I've been lucky enough to get second hand since all were long sold out. I do like Egyptian themes , but I'm a novice at it. Do I do enjoy doing what I call my Egyptian project. I just find them so colorful and beautiful.

12. I love seeing more Ender/Anubises! ---and that outfit is just amazing!

I was lucky to have been around bjds for ages, so I got mine when Soom first offered him. I was trying not to buy more dolls, but I've always loved ancient Egyptian things and Anubis in particular, so I just had get him. Unfortunately, I haven't really done many photoshoots aside from the Opening and a few quick extra shots... This is an old shot from the Opening. I had Euclase already... bought second-hand, but right after he was released. Also because he had an Egyptian theme.

[​IMG]11-10-EnderOpen_1053 by aprilllee, on Flickr

13. @april

OH my. They looks great!!! What a treat. Thank you for sharing them. I wish I had Anubis wig.

14. Yes, the wig works nicely on that head--and helps keep the neck from looking too skinny, I think! It's made of fabric trimming, I think, and some metal chain. They were very clever about it. I think a cloth headdress would look great too (but I'm too lazy to make things! -- I put together some things on my Euclase--headdress, bracelets, and more beads on his kilt, and that collar, but that was years ago and haven't done much since. I don't think Egyptian styles would be that hard to do... just takes finding the right cloth and beads and findings...

Ender is in his fullset. Soom did a great job with that. The sandals are particularly cool, I think.

I really need to think of doing a photoshoot for him. I really don't have any decent photos of him...!

This shot from his Opening amused me. Sure there's a visible seam--but they blushed the bottom of his feet!!!
      [​IMG]11-10-EnderOpen_1015 by aprilllee, on Flickr

15. @Bren - I do have plans for another doll based off a human version of the god Set (can anyone tell I'm a dog-person yet? :lol: ) I adore ancient Egyptian styles.

@april - They both look fantastic! Curious how they blushed the bottom of his feet. I can never be bothered with mine.

16. Dear MG owners, sorry, if it was discussed, but I have a question: what clothes fits better for MG? I have Phonolus Rauco of Fear. But I've still never seen clothes for MG to be sold(( only SD and IDE. IDE seems to be much bigger. I compared different measurements - EID model is the closest to my Phonolus. Has anybody tried this variant?

17. I've actually been quite successful using Iplehouse SID clothes for my Mega Gem.

18. EID is taller like ID72. JinCincy is right. Look for SID. You may find some at SartoriaJ also.

19. @Quiet and Insane

Sorry, I didn't see the notice that you had address me. The God Set? cool. I got two cat heads for Bastet, one white, another Black, which I ended up dividing the names to as Bas and Tet. Will look forward to the time when you get Set going.

@april, How funny. They did blush his feet. Love it. I love the Ender sandals. They sure went all out in them. I was lucky enough to find a set and the skirt with one arm band. The rest I haven't found.

Here is my Anubis with a little different look to the vest.

[​IMG]

I still need to dye his hands. So a work still in progress.

@edelveizzz What @JinCIncy and @nancy_schroeder_ca suggest is the way to go.