1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM Mega-Gem General Discussion

Oct 6, 2011

1. I hope it works out for you. :)

2. Do Phonolus on paws and Phonolus of human version have the same body to use both legs types? I am wondering if I could use human legs for my fantasy body.

3. Hi ! The body is the same, only the full legs change. So, the hip join should be compatible :) it's just the tight/calf/foot that are differents.

4. Yes, both sets of the legs are compatible with the body, as the body itself is one standard sculpt.

5. Hey guys! I'm new around here, my monzo is scheduled to arrive Thursday and I have a few questions. Like:

I've read that SID clothes fit, but also that they don't. I've read the same of EID clothes, so what's true?

If I put him on an idealian body will his claws still fit? (I know his wings won't)

Will other mega gem/super gem fantasy parts fit, like ender's feet, or heliot's hooves?

I'm sorry if these are newbie questions but I'm new to mega gem.

6. @Galahndriel

Congratulations on your incoming Monzo!
      SID clothes are a pretty good fit.

Here I have a SID sized t-shirt with an EID over shirt...on my Monzo...just to give you an idea.
      I can't remember what jeans I have on him here...:)

[​IMG]Tommy by luluna33, on Flickr

7. Well....... He's bigger than I'd imagined. I thought "oh the same size as my Dia boy" but noooooo I was mistook.

Also, does anyone know where I might find wigs that fit around his big ol' ears? nothing seems to sit right

[​IMG]DE548A49-B080-4C6A-A7AF-7A75930B869F by Atelier_dairelle, on Flickr

8. I've done well with handmade mohair or angora wigs for dolls with odd-shaped ears -- either making them myself, or sending the head to a wig artist for a custom fit.

I bought the first wig (on my RumpelDoll Morfeo) from https://www.etsy.com/ru/shop/SophyMolly , and made the second one (on my IpleHouse Addiction Vampire Chris) myself, from mohair.

Good luck! <3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. I worried making one might be my best option. Time for some hair shopping I guess

10. @Galahndriel

What I have found with the long ears, Monique gold wig a size smaller usually works for them. For example. He will take a 8/9, so I would get him a 7/8. But you got another obstacle. His horns, so on that I'm not sure. Perhaps customizing may be your best bet.

@Ashbet

I love the wig you made for Vamp Chris. I find it gorgeous. Wish I could do something like that.

11. Thankfully his horns are magnetic, I'll definitely give the smaller wigs a try

12. @Galahndriel - Oooh he's gorgeous! :D Yeah, the Mega Gem boys are pretty huge. I think a custom wig might be the way to go with ears like those.

13. Shoes...what do we use for shoes?

14. ... Fantasy parts. Less complex to find !

15. Aw, thank you! It's mostly just practice, I started with simpler styles when I first began making wigs. For this one, I braided the hair separately and then glued it down (I don't quite have the hairdressing skills to cornrow at this scale!)

16. I second fantasy parts! :lol: My Ender jackal is on a Phonolus body with those great big paws. Not needing shoes is great. ;)

17. As lovely as fantasy parts are, they’re a tad unruly and eventually chip. I would also like to know about shoes lol

18. That's true...though somehow Nascence has still got all his paint intact despite me dumping him in garden beds for photos. :lol:

19. Does anyone know if IpleH's SID body works with the Megagem head? I've got my Dream Walker Ender who needs a better body to pose in. Also if anyone knows if the Soom gray is a close match to the IpleH gray please let me know.