1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM Mega-Gem General Discussion

Oct 6, 2011

1. Are you talking about shoes for MegaGem or Idealian? I use the SID shoes from Freedom Teller on my Monzo and they work great. For the Idealians, they use my Iple EID shoes, which fit fine.

2. Thank you so much, I was speaking of the MegaGem body. So basically all manufactured SID clothes/ shoes should fit these boys from what I've gathered now?

3. Can you guys help me with something? I need a Monzo owner with the beast legs to measure the round ball of the thigh top, please, in cm and mm.

4. The thighs are the same for beast and human. 17.6cm around the widest part of the "ball". :)

5. Thanks, Aernath! Could I ask another favor? I need to see the knee construction on these bad boys. Maybe convince your lovely hunk of gargoyle to model for us? Or I guess I can just go look for some of his gallery shoots, yes....

6. Single-joint:

[​IMG]

And if you have trouble digging through... it's been a ... while. lol
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...aze-Gray-and-Under-Way!-(Slate-SM-Monzo)15pix
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...ow-never-hurt-a-gargoyle-(Slate-SM-Monzo)9pix
      And a quick naked comparison with EID, SID and IOS 70cm...
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?478225-IOS-vs-EID-model-vs-Mega-Gem-vs-SID

Just let me know if you need anything else. I've currently got him on the human legs, but am planning to change him back into beastie form soon.

7. I'm really not sure where to post this but here goes:I have a Soom Mega Gem Monzo that I just got and he's my first doll. I had to string him and I'm having trouble getting him to stand.

8. I had to restring my Shoshon. I did not string him as he came strung. I restrung him as I would any other doll. One loop per leg. The reason I had to as when I was playing around with him, I pulled a piece apart, and his string was nearly cut in two! And he was brand new, so it was his first day home when he got restrung.

Have you tried that?

9. I have found he's a little easier to stand in beast form, rather than human. Play with his torso a bit to redistribute his weight. That helps too.

10. Thanks! I can get him to stand by shifting his weight be he doesn't seem very secure. I reas that sueding his joints can help so I'm going to try that.
      This is Kell modeling boxers I made for him. They're my first effort so I hope to get a lot better at the sewing. Also the pics is blurry and I haven't yet figure that out. I think I suck at photography.
      [​IMG]

11. He looks handsome! Nice boxers! ;)

Indoor photography is always difficult. That's why I go outside. A lot. lol

12. Hey chrstphrl, I am having the same issue as you. I have a human Phonolus (no beastie parts over here) and I am pretty sad that he is so much harder than any other doll I have to get standing securely. :( With mine I am hoping that sueding the hip joints might help? He always buckles forward at the hip and falls over when I try to stand him up. I hope you will share if you find anything that helps you improve your boy's standing (and I will do the same)!

13. Glad I'm not the only one ALisonVondrland. I'm going to try sueding his joints & hope that takes care of it. He's such a big boy that I fear his weight may be the issue. If I discover anything else I'll definitely share.

14. hehe I figured out the blurry pic thing! My phone had protective film on the camera that i forgot to take off. D'oh!.

Here's a much clearer pic of Kell.
      [​IMG]

I hope to get his body blushed soon and he has blue eyes coming.

15. chrstphrl he is gorgeous! :) And I like his tattoo!

I have plenty of dolls over here -- and some of them have issues standing, but that is mostly a restringing issue. I have 70cm dolls from other companies who are also very heavy -- overall weight should not be the problem with these Mega Gems. I think they may be so tricky because they carry a fair amount of weight in their chests and upper torso -- together with a hip joint that doesn't seem to lock very well when standing this is what I believe is giving me such a challenge standing my guy up. I hope we both figure this out!

16. Hi! I'm getting my first Mega Gem, a Monzo. Can I get advice on wig size for him? Everyone says iplehouse Sid for clothes but are their wigs good too in 9/10? Generally is 9/10 good or should I look for something like large 8/9's?

17. I'm using an 8-9 wig and it is a very good fit. Congrats on your Monzo! I'd love to see him when he comes

18. Yes right now his head is off getting a face-up from Angel Toast. As soon as he comes back I'll be sure to post him.

19. Yeah, my Ender tends to fall forward when standing. I think it IS because his chest is so heavy. I don't have him hot-glue sueded at all. I should try that.

aernath-- So lovely to see Monzo in his gargoyle form! :D

20. I hot glue sueded and tightened my boy's stringing and he stands much better.