1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM Mega-Gem General Discussion

Oct 6, 2011

1. I still have my Skoll and Glati to finish and Wolfrik's paws to paint before any pictures can be made.

2. i look forward to seeing those pictures!!! :D

3. Hello everyone... ^^ Can't believe I've never posted here! Here's a photo of my friend's Phonolus who visited my house yesterday~ ^^ We are trying different wigs on him. Hope you like him! :D

[​IMG]

4. Hmm, he looks real yummie, fransyung! When they came out I didn´t like the Megagem body, but since I got my Phonolus it has grown on me. And now the second Megagem is incoming :D
      Nightmarereally and Archangel, your boys look also wonderful!

5. Fransyung: He's really beautiful! What a great resin color.

Im going to try to get some more pics of Ifrit today!

6. Thank you, both of you~ ^^ He is tawny skin, it's a beautiful skin color indeed! I wish Soom would make it an option often!

7. He's gorgeous!

8. OMG phonolus!!!!! 8___* (dies) D: he is a MUST have on my wish list!!! i am still hunting for that townie human version :( if i can never get it i'll have to settle for a fantasy one, if soom ever sells him again

9. Thank you, hehehe... Archangel, I hope you find your Phonolus soon! He comes with 2 heads and I love the fantasy head better. I don't know if Soom would ever release him in tawny skin again, but the chance is slim unless it's the end of the year Post MD Lottery... :(

10. thank you my dear!! <3 i am crossing my fingers for that lottery to happen again at the end of this year as i still need to also order a york! LOL soom resin men are just too gorgeous!! XD

11. Hello everyone!I am new here,so I do not know where to write.Maybe someone saw photo Heliot head on the Sphaler body?

12. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question but I'm hoping someone can identify this sculpt for me. The pic is from the soom gem site but it's for the cloths not the doll. I really like his face and cannot work out which doll he is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

13. that is their Sabik sculpt from their mecha angel line, (website) even though they offered him not too long on a special event at supergem size :)

14. Thank you so much. I really like him. Looks like I may have another on my wishlist now:)

15. Going to be getting another Mega gem very soon! I ordered Beast on layaway and he's finally on-shipping! Yay!!!

16. Ok guys, maybe someone could help me here. I really want a Monzo, and was going to buy the complete body off someone, but then i realised how hard it may be to get a head that fits him. I read that his neck size was 14cm!! Most other bodies like supergem are around 10cm. I had originally thought i could just put any old head on him as it didnt matter if i didnt have Monzo's head or not, but now im seeing that is not the case. Can super gem heads be made to fit on a meg gem body? How would one go about that? Somehow making the neck hole bigger? If i really need to get a mega gem head there doesnt seem to be as many around to choose from as a supergem head.
      I read that both heads were the same size, so hopefully if i did get it fit it wouldnt look like a little bobble head.
      Thanks

17. I have a Monzo and I can attest to his neck size. I've read that you can make a neck hole bigger in some heads with a dremel but you have to be sure the resin at the neckhole is thick enough

18. Yeah, people have tried enlarging the hole in the head or sometimes sanding down the neck... but it's not easy or simple, because, like chrstphrl says, you have to make sure the resin is thick enough to dremel and sand down. If you know a modder who knows what they are doing and is familiar with the doll head and body involved, then you'd need to consult them. It's probably not a job for someone with no experience.

There might be some information to be had in the Soom Supergem discussion thread, since some Mega-owners post there. And maybe some info in the customizations part of the forum.

19. I have both, and there is no way that could happen. Even if modded, super gem heads are small! Even though they can wear the same eyes size or wig size as the Mega Gems, the heads are way too disproportionate if put on the Mega Gem body. Moreover, some of them are even smaller than usual and almost couldn't fit their Super Gem neck... Like Epidos. O.o and I have to warn you that their necks part is THIN.