1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM Mega-Gem General Discussion

Oct 6, 2011

1. I thought as much. Its a pity, as it seems there are alot more super gem heads for sale that mega gem. Ill probably end up with his body then wait ages to find a head that fits. So i take no other companies head would fit his body then?
      Thanks for all the help.

2. An EID head would probably fit, and Iplehouse NS is a little paler than Soom's so it wouldn't be terribly hard to blush it to match, but EID heads are just as hard to find on their own as MegaGems. Iplehouse SIDs *almost* fit, but the neck hole is still just the slightest bit small, though if you'd like a picture of my SID Claude's head on my MegaGem body I can take one for you. But SIDs have the same findability issue as an EID.

If you like any of the Spiritdoll Herculean guys, at least you can buy a head separately from the body, though the resin match will be pretty far off. Soom is very pink, Spiritdoll I believe is more yellow (I don't own any spiritdoll but supposedly Dollclans is supposed to match, and my Vezeto head is much yellower than Soom).

Maybe one of the IoS 80 heads? I'm not sure of the neck circumference on them.

I too own a MegaGem body that I'm not quite sure what I'm doing with. I was going to mod a DiM minimee head to fit, but having second thoughts as overall the doll is going to be too short to be in scale with other characters from the same story. His younger brother is supposed to be taller than him, but next to him he looks way too small. ( here is a pic, with no modifications done, so yes, he looks terrible: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cowpewter/8684319101 ).

3. Mega Gem body has a huge neck. Almost the same as IDealian body, that's why they can share heads. ^^;;

4. I was looking at the spiritdoll heads and their body neck size isnt far off at 13cm. Would normal skin colour be the best to get? And would there be any modding needed to get the head to fit?
      Thanks

5. Cowpewter-Id love to see pictures of your sid head on mg body. I just bought a monzo body off the marketplace, and now i really am on a hunt for a head. WOuld the minimee head look ok scale-wise you think? I dont care about having to mod it, my main worry is it may look teeny. I found a Bill Kaulitz (sp) head for sale, but im not sure scale wise. I dont know anything about minimee.

6. I replied to your post in the Photo Ref forum, so I could post more than one pic. Hope it helps!

7. Wow! He doesn't look like brown tan!

8. Your phonolus looks really amazing!!:lol:

9. does anyone have a leekeworld head to try on a megagem body? D: i wanna see if my leekeworld lion is going to look bobbleheaded

10. Hi guys! I want to show you my Monzо, he's just incredibly beautiful, I love him very much
      [​IMG]

11. I couldn't find Mega Gem measurements, so I thought I'd ask here, do you think Super Gem hands will fit on a Mega gem?
      >_<

12. Karter - Here's a picture of SG Arkose human hands on a MG Phonolus body. I felt like the hands looked...really silly and small on those muscular arms; it stood out even more in person.

At the bottom is a comparison between the Phonolus hand and SG Puss in Boots hands. The SG & MG monster hands are actually quite close, so I imagine they could be a good match if you're looking at SG fantasy hands. Unfortunately, I don't have any MG human hands (since my guy is from the FC event and only has fantasy parts) so I can't compare them to the SG human hands, and my opinions might be skewed since I'm used to the massive monster hands.

[​IMG]

13. Malaryush - Yikes, that looks really off. Haha, those do look waay too small. The monster hands are what I was looking at but I think I'll just keep the MG hands when I get one. <3 Thank you for the comparison pictures. :D

14. For IpleHouse and Soom hybrid...
      IH NS is more yellow than Soom, where Soom is more pinkish.

You need to blush the IH head to match the Soom body. :)
      Except you don't mind the skin tone difference.

Anyway... Sharing my first MG boy...
      Inspired by Imhotep from the Mummy & the Mummy Returns~~

[​IMG]

@Karter
      Mega Gem SIZE measurements :)

@Malaryush
      Thanks for the comparison photos ! :aheartbea

15. woohoo...finally a new megagem!
      I love the sword, hook and clothes!
      Too bad I'm getting something else.

16. I really, really like his human form *3* I have this one character that I've been trying to find the perfect sculpt for years and this one seems just perfect.. Mega Gem body + tawny skin with that head = perfect combination :D I really wasn't expecting for Soom to release a male doll that I'd like, besides the new versions of some older Idealian sculpts, I think the last male doll which I liked was Phonolus.. And that was about 2 years ago lol

The crocodile parts look nice and are a great idea from Soom, but I personally do not get along with fantasy feet for bigger dolls, plus these would not fit my character. I'm hoping Soom would do what they did with Hansel and Gretel, added the fantasy parts as an option, so that those people who want the human doll only could order too without having to get parts they don't need. I posted about this on their Q&A, I'm anxiously waiting to see what they'll answer >.< If anyone else feels the same, please do help and post on their Q&A too!

17. Uurrgh I really want his croc head! It's so perfect. Not interested in the body or human head though.
      Wish they'd sell the heads separately TAT

18. anyone else thinks the new MG looks like ID72 hyperon's twin? O_O

19. Not maybe a twin, but I do think that he reminds of Hyperon and has similar features as he does. Maybe one of the reasons I like him so much, as Hyperon is one of my favorite male sculpts ever <3