1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll April (Aries) the Third Land: Beryl Thread Part 2

Oct 3, 2008

1. She is beautiful Rage_Razor! Congratulations. I wish I got one too but I am so clueless that I didn't even realize them when they were being released. This time I got in early and put a Topaz on layaway but I still like Beryl better.

2. Congrats , rage_razor! I'm at work now and the internet connection here blocks most photo-sharing and video-sharing sites, sadly. I'll be sure to check them out at home tonight though! (If my internet is fixed today, which it should be).

I faceupped and blushed Izzy on Friday night, but my MSC is still on its way so it was just a temporary "trial run" coated in Testors, to see if I liked the color scheme and style. And boy, do those hooves need a good coat of MSC! The blushing was already chipped and damaged by Saturday! I removed the hoof blushing for now.

That's strange that yours was so tightly strung... mine was super-loose. :sweat I did restring her completely and sueded most of her joints (except for the lowest two hoof-parts since they still have yet to be blushed) with hot-glue. She stands beautifully, and I even got her to stand by herself in some trickier poses, like one hoof crossed behind the other. She does take some practice and getting used to though... it's just so completely different from any other doll I've had!

3. Yeah, mine too arrived in the "bubble" package, I wish I had gotten the foam because the bubble is pretty useless for repackaging. :(

4. has anyone tried 12mm or 16mm eyes in their Beryls? i am curious to know how different sized eyes look.

5. I have a pair of 16 mm I bought for her originally until I found her current eyes. They ended up being too dark, but I bought them from a girl here on DoA and she had a beryl as well so I asked her to send me a pic of them in her girl, and it made her look almost sleepy. I'll see if I can get some pics of her w/ them in maybe later.

6. Doll eyes are kind of my weakness. :sweat I've got some 12mm and some 16mm eyes lying around that I can try in her and take some pics. Her "real" eyes are on pre-order, so she's just borrowing a pair of 14mm Glib acrylics for now. The 14mm low-dome eyes fit really nicely in her eyewells, but it'd be interesting to see how other eyes give her a different look.

I will say that I did try a pair of 12mm Glib acrylics in her first, and there were visible gaps around the edges from certain angles. I'll try to photograph them tonight.

7. Yeah, I'm using 14mm Glib ones as well, but I was really surprised by how much color they seem to have for how little I paid for them!

8. They are very pretty. ^_^ I love Aquamarine's eyes! The ones I have in Izzy right now are a grayish-purple color. They're pretty, but a bit dark and not the color I'd envisioned for her. Eventually she'll have bright blue eyes, but I'm not sure how long the pre-order lasts. (RuddyPeach Cyanine Blue is the color she'll end up with).

9. Aqua's eyes are so perfect for her, I would be wary trying to switch them out for a more expensive version. We'll see tho, I do adore how bright they are. :)

10. I agree, they are perfect for her. I'd have trouble envisioning Aqua with any other eyes! I have a couple of dolls who have inexpensive eyes that are perfect... and I wouldn't dream of changing them. ^_^

11. Yeah, I hated the bubble mattress thing. It was IMPOSSIBLE to rip it open along the sides without popping the top air tunnels.
      I left the bottom tunnels alone though. I figure I can still use it for packaging, I'll just have to add a blanket or towels as well if I sell her or move and need to repack her. I do wish they had used foam too though. Much, much nicer than that stuff. But I've kept every bit of foam and bubble wrap she arrived with. And the packets for her corset and clothes. Haven't even opened her wings.

Putting up a feeler for her has been quite... Odd... :/
      Even though its just a feeler, I got a lot of questions about an asking price and BIN. So I decided to list one. lol But since I've already gotten offers on her and am still not positive selling is the right option (hence feeler) I made it pretty high. :lol: I'm sure some people are cursing my existence right about now. :sweat

But really, the point of the feeler was to give myself and others time to consider her. So I don't see the point in rushing her out the door by putting a lower BIN. So I made it high. If I do sell her, I'd like everyone interested to try and have a chance for her.

Heh, I even had a non-DoA person talk down to me and suggest that, since she is second hand, I should sell Beryl to her for considerably less than retail. lmao :lol:

12. She is INCREDIBLE! I love her face up!

13. Thank you, rage_razor! She's a lot of fun. ^_^ I still need to put eyelashes in though. :sweat

Kathrynmary, sorry I didn't get a chance to take pics of different eye sizes today, but I'll try to post them tomorrow.

14. Izzy is so beautiful, TheFontBandit! I've never seen such a soft, sad-looking Beryl! She's a darling.

15. Thank you! I do have a question on posing... has anyone else had an issue with one of the hoof legs posing much better than the other? On mine, the right leg seems to lock into place easily, but the left leg seems to pop out of position and collapse much more often. I was just curious if this happened to others or not. It could be the way the legs are sculpted, but it could also be the sueding I applied.

16. I've had about the same problem, but it didn't seem to start until after I had her sueded, oddly enough. O.o

Soom sent me a replacement hand, it arrived last night so Aqua is back to normal, and she is very pleased about this. :)

17. I don't have a Beryl, but my Dia's leg does that too. Only one of them locks into place. Maybe Soom forgot to sculpt a lock mechanism on all the SG girls' left legs? =s