1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll April (Aries) the Third Land: Beryl Thread Part 2

Oct 3, 2008

1. Kathrynmary: You're welcome! They're not the best photos but I hope they help. :)

chizzie_shark: That's interesting... maybe it's in the upper leg somehow? Mine will lock... it's just harder to get it into place and it seems to pop out of the locked position sometimes.

Has anyone had any luck finding clothes for their girls? I know Dollmore Model F clothes are a decent fit most of the time... but I didn't know if anyone else had made any good finds. ^_^ Has anyone tried SD16 or Unireal clothes on their girl? I read in the "What fits SG girls" thread that the waist is smaller on SD16s, but if anyone has pics that would be great. They might work with a little alteration... There are a couple of SD16 sets I might be interested in if I can find them, but it's a lot of money to spend without knowing how it will fit. :sweat

I've worked out a commission with a friend (since I can't sew for dolls very well) but it'll be some time before it's complete... so I'd like something other than her default in the meantime.

2. My guess would be the sueding.
      My Beryl's legs did that once some hot glue was applied to the joints, they just don't lock properly once too much sueding has been added, I don't think there's alot of give room for the lock, maybe just take it off the troublesome one and try to make it a bit thinner perhaps?

3. Okk, I want to get JUST Beryl's hooves for another doll of mine. (black unicorn boy, long story) and i was wondering if her hoof parts woul fit other dolls the same size?

Ohhh, and is there an estimate of how much I would have to pay for just her hoof parts? Sard's are too masculine for my taste.

~.~ I feel so dumb asking if the resin matches...... He's gonna be dyed grey.

Oh what kind of dye do I use to get the gunmetal or light grey look?

Thank you!

4. I think if you're going to make a CP boy, you'd have to use Beryl's entire legs. (From the hip joint down). Just the lower hoof parts wouldn't fit onto the knees of the CP boy. In the first Beryl discussion thread, Lazulistar attached the whole Beryl leg to a Delf boy body and it seemed to work pretty well. However, the link to the pictures is no longer working. :(

On the price of the hoof parts, you might want to hunt around the Marketplace and see what they've sold for recently, or put up a Feeler WTB to see what people would be willing to sell them for.

As for the resin match, the photo requests board is the best place to ask around: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76
      There are lots of threads about CP/Luts resin matches, and quite a few Soom ones too. Running a search there for "Soom" should turn up some results.

About dyeing/tanning, the customization forum would likely be the best place to look. Try these threads:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139610
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233322
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10844

5. Thank you! ^_^

6. I was visiting the Soom site today and drooling over Beryl. In the reviews section on her page, there is one from someone called gothkitty and she posted a request for more dolls with hooves. Her last sentence was the one above quoted in my reply title. It just cracked me up! It popped into my head today at random moments when I was at work and it tickled me every time.

So if you're here gothkitty, thanks for the laugh!

7. Any good suggestions on how to best fasten her wings.
      The original contraption from soom fell apart (even if I had them fastened to a soft shield that I tucked down the back of her corsette, partly to not scratch her). Just using the band makes it hard to pose her...

8. I have a question for those with Beryl hybrids:

I'm wanting to get a male body for my Beryl and I want to know if B&G WS is a good match.

9. Ok, I have to ask, how many of us Beryl owners caved in and ordered Glot? I could not resist her! She's going to look so cute with my Beryl, I know I'm not the only one who's going to have mommy-daughter pairs of succubi.

10. Good question! I'm seriously thinking too if I should get Glot. Mommy-daughter thing is what I have in mind too. They sure would look so cute together.

11. Ugh, I really wish I could, but my husband would KILL me. She's super adorable & even has the cute little outfit. :( I really wish I could get her. ;_; I had a photostory planned of a flashback of Aquamarine's childhood, and I kept wondering how I was going to do that, and now THERE SHE IS. *cry*

12. I succumbed to the baby Beryl.

13. Well I've been sneaky and entered a split for her horns, another split for the outfit, still holding out hope for the hooves, but really money is super tight, I should be thankful I found what I did. :3 I'm crossing my fingers that she comes onto the second hand market later, or at least the hooves. I wasn't totally in love w/ her face sculpt anyways, I think I will hold out hope for her later on, when I'm not unemployed. >.>

14. Beryl is a very masterful girl

15. i'm worried that i might have a secret thing for soom limited edition dolls. most of them are just amazing. including beryl of course.
      it may end badly for my budget one day. ;]

16. i want a beryl tooooooooooooo sight if anyone would get right of her please contact me ;-) she's so gorgous

17. I recently purchased a pair of beryl hooves (for my sg Dia i dont have yet) and need s-hooks for them.what size do i need?

18. I have a question and maybe some of the Beryl owners know the anser.

I have a Beryl with the original bodyblushing from soom and I would like to repair the damage on her hooves and legs. I know that soom used Mr color and that Soom posted which colors they used somewhere on their Q&A board last year. I did write it down, but the paper got lost and I can't find the post on the Q&A anymore,because it was not my own but an open answer to someone else question.

I did ask Soom, but they will not give me a straight answer.:|

So does someone know which colors soom used?

19. Hello, I'm hoping someone here can help me.
      I am looking for measurements for Beryls (hoofy-version) body. She is regular Super Gem girl from the waist up, right? So if anyone has her lower half measurements or anything that they know is different from the SG size list on Soom that would be awesome. Or if you could point me to the thread that does.
      I'm getting an Amberyl and would like to make her some clothes before she arrives. : )

20. The hooves add about 3cm to her length, the added length is from the knees and down only.
      Hope this help.