1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll December (Sagittarius) the Third Land: Heliot God Master ~Part II

Jan 13, 2009

1. That does not sound good at all. :( No idea what to do. Maybe just unstring him and thoroughly wash all the parts to get all resin dust off him? Make sure you wear a mask!
      If you could, have someone else do that for you. Stay away from him for a week? See if the dust you inhaled, works its way through your system?
      *shrug* It's a mystery to me. But I hope you're able to enjoy him without side effects like that soon!

2. Thanks aernath, I am at an utter loss.
      So far I've washed him out once with normal water. Then yesterday I soaked him in soapy water overnight and today hung him all outside to dry and air. That at least got rid of some more of the dust and the resin smell. Now he's back inside in pieces and I'm still getting the throat problem :(

I think I'll follow your advice and stay away from him for a week so my throat settles and then see how I get on with him without that problem. If I'm still having problems, health's gonna have to come first and he's gonna get sold :(

3. Sounds like he is out gassing... its the fumes comming off him. The resin may not have cured properly or was mixed correctly. Wash him off... and see if you can get him to a place where he can sit/lay and release all the fumes. Basement, outside?, friend's house anything. I'd think a week should do it... if that doesn't work. I'd blame it on incorrect curing/mixing and you should contact Soom to see if you can "switch" dolls.

4. Thanks yalissa, I've soaked him so now the resin smell is gone and left him in a spare room where he'll stay in pieces for a week or so whilst my sore throat goes and then I'll see how I go with him.

5. Well, good luck Akudem. I hope you get to keep him.

In case anyone is interested, I found a pair of pants that I could get on him (and OVER the hooves)... Dollmore Model woman cargo pants here's a link. They should be model woman size as I got them thru a G.O. . I'll have to get a photo added later.

Soom has also created a guide of whose clothes fit the SG. http://www.dollsoom.com/board/view.php?board_name=DREAMBOARD10&choose2=&choose1=&ID=45

[edited/update]Bob wear model woman cargo jeans... please, do not tell him.

6. I have a question, I got my heliot heads today, and I noticed that the head cap is kind of loose like I can pull it off just straight, the resin "hinge" doesn't really work, is this the same with all of them? my beryl head is solid as a rock, but these I think could slip off.

7. shadow_takatori, that had been my impression of the headcap as well. however, the poodle's head is not at home. he is at his groomer's. having little to no experience with the overseas dolls and none at all with soom, i went: hmmmmm. *shrugged* and put his head safely aside. but, it was my first impression that it was a 'poor design' and i wondered if the head cap and his fur would just come right off.

i wrote it off to 'my imagination' as no one else had mentioned this as an issue.

8. shadow_takatori mine doesn't hinge at all. it seems to be a place holder. its the magnets that hold my Bob's head on, the notch just keeps it from turning.

9. there is definitely a gap in my headcap from the head, it just doesn't seem to want to fit correctly or all the way :( but that might have been my fault when i had to glue the magnets in >_>;

10. audiencekiller: no, i do not have mine to look at, but i think that mine had the 'gap' as well . that's why i thought it fit funny. i even looked inside both heads to make sure they said 'heliot' in them. mine came with the magnets glued in by soom and i think the magnets were flush. so, i think the magnets or your 'talents' with them are not the headcap 'problems'.

11. I had to glue the magnets into my head cap. My headcap also comes off easily, so I put a rubberband around the seam where the head touches the headcap. It helps keep it together and secures his wig :)

12. well, it's too bad heliot has such a stupid flaw, but I'm reasured anyway.

13. Yes, a gap here, too. First I thought that maybe I unintentionally switched the Heliot headcap with the R.Heliot headcap, but no, there really is a gap. -_-

14. @shadow_takatori: Yes I also have a gap with my normal heliot head. It is loose. My R. heliot head is far more solid and he closes without any gaps. But I think with a (heavy) wig it will still be in place. I am not sure, I have put my normal heliot head in a box untill I get her a body.

15. Wow, I feel super-lucky right now, no gap to report here. I did get my heads with the magnets in, but they are rock-solid like my Euclase heads. I had no idea I should be relieved, but here I am! :sweat

.hlp

16. heidipay, now that's very interesting. why would perhaps 'some' of them fit nicely and others not so nicely ? anybody any ideas? faeriegirl, your 'rubberband fix' sounds pretty good.

17. I'd guess that the headcap fit could be effected by how many times the molds for the sculpt was used. They do start to breakdown as they are reused, I guess that depends on if you (heidipay) got one from an earlier casting. Or if they have more than one mold hers was made with a fresh one?

This is totally speculation but a possibility.

18. idrisfynn, that is a good thought. had the headcaps not said 'heliot' or however they are marked inside, i would have thought they perhaps belong to other heads; that is how 'oddly' i thought they fit.

with mine, i also had the oddest 'imaginary' sensation that the r.head was 'not new'. it truly did seem to me like it had 'been somewhere' and that the head cap placed on it was 'other than its own' . i looked at it and thought: hmmmm, they didn't send the "original" headcap because the velcro(?) is attached to it ?? the other reason that i thought that perhaps it was not specifically for my order was that the r. head, which was painted beautifully, had seams. i looked and looked and felt and felt because i thought they were cracks. i had ordered seam sanding. so, why, on a beautifully painted head for a 'seam sanded' order, would the open eyed head 'look new' and be seam sanded and the "oh so important" face up r. head have seams ?? well, if it was on some other heliot somewhere, it would :):) . doesn't matter. we'll never know. the whole heliot is beautiful and i can only thank them for sending everything the way that they did.

19. cat: I that's what I thought too(that it seemed like the cap didn't belong at all.) I thought, well maybe they just got switched between the heads, but when I tested out that theory the magnets' poles were facing each other so I couldn't do it. but, yes! Dispite this s/he is a lovely sculpt so I'm done complaining.

20. Same here, my headcaps fit fine with no problems.