1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll Jan 2010: Chalco - Forest King

Jan 22, 2010

1. Much better photos than the official ones, midnitestar7. Thanks for sharing.
      I'm not (yet) into the fantasy style, at least for SDs, but tempting indeed. :lol:

2. Thank you soooo much for posting these, they show him so much better than the promo photos on Soom's site - now I'm really excited & even happier that I have him on layaway!!

3. midnitestar7: thank you so much for the photos! <3333
      do you happen to have any photo of him without the flash under normal lighting? because i'm incredibly torn between the normal skin and tan skin T_T!!!
      is the tan dark or a normal cream light brown tan like volks tan cecile?
      thank you so much!!!!

4. So imaginative. But my collection would not handle him. Soom has a great way of piecing a story together in a work of art-the doll.

5. Those RL photos T__T omg! What an absolutely breath taking hunk of resin man!

*chants* I do not need to buy everything that looks pretty. I do not need more dolls >.>
      So tempting though!

6. I finally made it to the Soom store to take a look for myself. He is a whole lotta doll! I'd never really seen a Super Gem in person, so I was surprised at how solidly built his torso is. That's actually a bit of a problem for me because the chara I want him for is supposed to be pretty skinny :sweat

The lighting yellows him in out in the pics I took - he's a warm, medium-tan, I guess I'd say. Darker than my Volks sunlight boy. Darker than in this pic, too :sweat.
      [​IMG]

The rest of the pics are here:
      http://s618.photobucket.com/albums/tt269/timid_04/Chalco/
      If you can't get into the album, I think the guest password is timid4.

7. Thanks for the photos timid. I think that finally sold me on the tan skin for him, it seems like a nice warm color.

8. Timid, I love you. That.. Wow. the pictures on the soom website are good, but the ones you put up are just amazing. I love him even more, and I'm glad I bought him

9. I love him so much. If only I had the money right now. I totaly freaked out when I saw his price. Well someday...

10. Oh SOOM, I'm such a sucker for your boys. >_<

@timid: Your photos of him are gorgeous by the way.

11. Nyaa, midnitestar7's pics were up way quicker and nicer to boot, but I'm always happy to enable. *teh-heh*

I'm still waffling on whether to commit to this guy yet, but his prettiness keeps calling me. :sweat

12. Timid, thanks for providing with colours showing his tan.

I've just put two Chalcos on layaway, one tan, one ns. My bank account is going to hate me...

13. No, Timid! Thanks to both of you. Midnite is a mainstay here, of course! But we appreciate all the mug-shots we can get! ;)

14. Yes, thanks to both of you for those pictures! :thumbup:

I just placed my order for a tan Chalco with all the trimmings this morning. (Thank heavens for little layaway plans!) And I think I just squeezed my decision in under the wire. :sweat One more sale day left.

I just couldn't pass up this gorgeous creature, in the end-- the almost-simultaneously-released Iplehouse Tedros whispered to me that he wanted a pet. What was I to do, disobey the Ringmaster? Pfft. No way.

So these pictures are helping me envision the vision of hooved prettiness who will arrive here in mid-May. He'p me mama, he is stunning. :o Wow! Absolute wow. Soom's fancy sales photos still never manage to convey all the IRL wonderfulness. Even in harsh, overhead, fluorescent lighting. (That must've been a bitch to photograph this nicely, btw. ;;^^)

15. Okay, I just ordered a tan Chalco (blank, with wig only, on layaway) . . . and it's partly your fault, JennyNemesis *L*.

Y'see, I saw your comment about there being only one day left to the sale period and had an OMG AM I ABOUT TO MISS THE SALE PERIOD moment . . . forgetting that Soom Japan has a different sale period ^^;;;. I took that panic as a sign and promptly put that order through *teh-heh*. (ZOMG, Tedros and Chalco together is gonna be hawt . . .)

16. Hehe... :dance: "Panic" is never a good reason to buy a doll, of course, but some of us did procrastinate making the final decision for a little longer than we should have! Chalco's international ordering period was short this time-- him being tan, I assume they aren't in love with the idea of having to cast thousands of him. ^^ But I've been waiting to own a Soom Tan for years (I wish they'd do tan more often), & wanting to own a Super Gem someday, & what's NOT tempting about smoldery dark incubus type guys? - so I don't guess the decision was that hard, after all.

It would definitely be nice to be able to just waltz down to the store and order one, & get to admire him in person while you shop. ;) Some friends & I did a store-by-store blitz of the doll shops in Tokyo on a recent vacation; every day we'd think "gee, I could get used to this!"

Oh swank! Thanks for the tip, I shall stop at Borders on the way home. Is it the February issue? or March?

Aww, *pat pat* those scuffs! I have noticed that both Mecha Angel and Gem also have genital-abrasion-engineering issues. So to speak. Something about the way their thigh-ball joints move makes their legs rub together a lot, their bazookas are kinda tucked under. It is really annoying if you have splashed out yea buck$ to get full body-blushing; just sitting him down soon causes bald spots to be rubbed in the blushing. (But it's true that this is the way of all blushing. I keep my Vega-merman in a permanent sprawl, and he barely ever moves; but even that's just prolonging the inevitable.)

So I expect Chalco may have the same problem too, sure. That's a good point to bring up-- even though tan resin is colored all the way through, scratches/scuffs still appear a lighter color.

Short solution: Underwear. :XD:

17. Hell, I didn't see this! :doh It's the February 2010 edition. I'll have to check it out.

Congrats to all the late orderers! I'm sure you won't regret it. FWIW I've never had the "man parts scuffing" issue. But then again my Sphaler's CW. It probably wouldn't show as much.

18. Just ordered tan Chalco! I blame all the wonderful photos in this thread ;)

19. Omigawd, that cover model's drawn-on-eyebrow + black-hair-bun ensemble looks JUST like my Great-Aunt Francesca. :XD: Oh man I need a sedative. But ne'mind that - anyway, thanks for the link! Will buy that magazine right away.

And yes, if you have a WS/NS doll with no body-blushing, I guess the scuffing wouldn't be such an issue. It's also apparently less an issue if you keep your doll loosely strung (my Namu has it worse than my Vega).

Wonder if Chalco's new-fangled thick thighs might behave differently, anyway...? Those are some special-looking legs, alright...

20. Oh, it wasn't really panic - the ordering period here isn't even over until the 15th. The fact that I panicked was just an indication that I was more decided than I thought I was :sweat

Yeah, being able to go in person is a real boon. One reason is because things sold out on websites are often available in them; I bought clothes at the Soom store I'd been meaning to get but the website sold out *yay*.

Yay for all of us here who've given in to the temptation of smoldering dark incubus types (even if mine'll be a sizzling gypsy instead *heh*) Dood, I'm actually Soomed!