1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll Jan 2010: Chalco - Forest King

Jan 22, 2010

1. He is lovely but I'm getting a feeling he may be American Indian themed. Along the lines of Io, with the skull mask, and tan skin. And the only 'Chalco' I find tends to refer to mexico.

2. here in France on Materiel céleste french forum we are thinking of a kind of chamanic type or something like that ^^

3. I'm.Screwed.

4. His profile hardcore reminds me of Galena, actually. The tan skin is very sweet looking, I never thought I'd be super into a tanned doll, but so far he's quite gorgeous, although my bf insists he's too too feminine, but we'll see when the full pics are up.

I think I am Soomed yet again this month, although it's a toss up between this fellow, and Iplehouse's special skin Luna, so the race is on! I was really banking on hooves but I'm not so sure now that I see him. I'm hoping like crazy, but I think it may be a deal breaker for me if he's not hooved. I heart teh kittehs, but I think if he's pawed I won't be especially interested, but we shall see.

I definitely get a crow feel too, although I would have thought the skull should be a birdy one for that, and it isn't from what I can tell, so that remains to be seen. But I'm in love with the dark feather shamanistic vibe he has so far. <3

Ostrich: Looks like you and I may be sharing YET ANOTHER Soom MD waiting room sometime soon. XD

5. A crow would be interesting... but I'm more likely to be doomed if he's a stag.

My Romantic Heliot mod ended up being an antler-and-hoof-wearing resin version of one of my Exalted RPG characters (A No-Moon Lunar librarian whose heart-beast form was a white stag :lol:), and it would make me grin to give him a rival of some sort. A darker, stag-form Raksha hunter would be ideal.

6. Still don't know what to think of him,i'll wait the promo pics to made my own idea,maybe he can be a sort of shaman or druid,the subtitle king of the forest make me think of that...or why not an indian american...
      Still the first look don't impress me much,so i shall see more.

7. The tan colour is pretty gorgeous :)
      I'm interested to see what they do for this guy!
      I don't get SD's, especially huge ones like this, so I'll be safe, but I always like seeing the pics.

I doubt they'd do a cat at this point though, or I hope not anyway. I'm still banking on mini kitties for tinies next yr, with a big cat lady as their followup. ^^

8. uhmm not mad about him, i guess i will wait to see more pics to show up on soom web site, IMO it could be a warrior, maybe like Deneb was...as he's suppose to be tanned he could match with her....

9. Huh. I can't see all the crow references you guys are talking about. Then again, my monitor's pretty dark. I'll check it out when I get home. While I do agree that 3 clawed MDs in a row sounds a bit much, haven't they done pretty much the same thing with the hooved MDs?

Reeeeally hoping the rest of the pictures will turn me off. Cause I don't know how I'm going to juggle paying for him, car insurance, and the other doll layaway I've got going on.

rottedgirl: ROFL! We're just awesome like that. *high five*

10. I am loving his tan skin, but from what I see now, he just ain't grabbing me. That's both good for my wallet, but disappointing to me. I'll see with the full release, but I think I'm quite safe.

11. I agree, I'm not seeing a crow. They already had Euclase as the big grey bird thing (which my husband actually made into a crow character), and I don't really see a bird being picked for Earth.
      And I thought Euclase and Galena were connected, and Amber was married to Chalco?

I'm one of those people hoping (or not for the sake of my bank account XD) for a centaur, but I don't think it'll happen. I think they'll go for a more standard hoof boy they've been doing for the past two years.

12. Yay, a tan boy! :D He has a lovely profile, though I'm iffy about the parted (?) lips. I do wonder what fantasy parts he'll have, that skull mask is awesome! Though I'm really hoping I don't fall for his face, 'cause I don't want any of those awkward fantasy leg parts and splitting a tan skin doll might not be easy. ;_; And the human SG bodies really aren't very posable anyway. Or so I keep reminding myself. xD

13. Standards hooves or possibly but unlikely paws is really where I'm seeing it go, deffinately. From what I've read, hooves remain the most popular, thus why they can justify doing hooves and more hooves.

Still hoping he's a centaur.

14. I would be floored (and very poor) if he ends up being a centaur. However, Soom doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to releasing over-the-top new things. Remember Vesuvia's skin? If he is a centaur I really hope their production lines are problem free.

15. well hoof are really annoying these days..hoping something different...BTW i'll looking forward for more pics.

16. Can i pipe up and say that Gelena has a good choice in men....he's pritty!

so qestion for those who have bought Gelena are you buying this hunky god as well?

I like the skull....it's intresting...

17. For the record I do hope I'm wrong and it is a hooved thing. Because if it is indeed a crow and if he will come in white - there go my savings. Though... Male Amber would be equally bad. (but he is black - there are no hooved creatures that are black that live in the foresty areas) ... Thank you soom for making this the painfull weekend. Lol

18. All the issues they've ever had in that respect has been in regards to special skin tones (onyx, topaz's clear parts, vesuvia, etc), never to a sculpt itself . I don't think they'd have issues casting the bodies (drilling and finishing issues though, are another matter altogether with soom).

19. I'm still on the idea that would be something like a shaman.

20. Interesting ideas. Not sure where the Crow idea came from or the comment
      that he's black skin...? Soom hasn't released a non-clawed/hooved (finned)
      MD in a whole year, so I don't see them releasing a "human" doll like a
      shaman or etc. but only Soom knows. Chalco is supposed to be trapped
      in a Labyrinth...I'm sticking with the hooves idea...it's about time they
      have another hooved SG MD :D *does grabby hands at screen*
      If he is a bird then awesome, if he's a forest cat (scratches head) OK
      then. He's wearing a skull mask (?) (so kewl looking!) might there
      be horns attached? Is it one of his past kills? Or? I looked up forest king
      and saw funny lyrics from The Wizard of OZ IF I WERE A KING OF THE FOREST"
      I hope if he possess' hooves that they're more like Sards/Beryl than Amber.
      I luv her but another doll with such horribly limited posing would be really bad.

This is definitely the best teaser they have done in a long time IMO.
      All we can be certain of is he is tan. Yay.