1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM Monthly Doll July (Cancer) the Third Land: Bix - Fateful Night

Jul 15, 2008

1. Boy, that sounds familiar! I kept debating and debating, and finally after obsessing for ten whole days I just put him on layaway. :D

And I second the congrats to kniggit on your first doll! Taking the plunge is exciting, but realize that is probably only the first of many. These dolls are addictive! :lol:

2. Thank you! I am very excited about it. I put my order in one day then I cancelled it becuase I was all "Gah do I really need this?" then I ordered him again then cancelled. It prolly happened five times until I sat there and went. "You can put him on layaway, you have never bought yourself anything in your life, buy the freaking hot guy." So I finally did. Plus, if he ships in October, that is my birthday month.

I am already planning my second. His name is Gabriel and will come from Soom as well! I will be sewing clothes for them and I hope to start a little business on here because I know the Super Gems are hard to buy clothes for so it might be a little extra for me.

3. Layaway helps a lot. My first doll was paid in one big amount--and that's tough to do (mentally).

You will not regret Bix as your first! He's just amazing.

Sewing for Super Gems will probably be very in-demand with all the dolls Soom is selling lately (and in future with these wonderful monthly dolls!). I know I'll be needing clothes for my boy (a Sard).

4. Layaway really really helps me. I am starting college in a few days so I still need the rest of my money. I could have paid him off but I would have been broke going to school. We can't have that!

I really don't think I will regret Bix. He's stunning to look at and I am sure he will be wonderful as my first.

I love sewing and Bix will make a beautiful model! (That's his character anyway!)

The Sards are amazing, I have been stalking the Waiting room of them. I love looking at all of them.

5. It's a male! I know, I know - a day late and $700.00 short. LOL

6. ;___; I'm doooomed... I'd looked at the site tons of times before, but the DAY BEFORE he's going to be taken off, I've fallen for him so hard! ...The problem now, as before, is that I have no money. But, but! I really, really want him... I wonder if I can get him second-hand? I want to get him right after Genki and Maria, before my angel. I really really do want him. Augh, Tragedy~~

7. GOOD luck!

8. There's always the layaway program, Kchan! That's what I did. I plan to pay him off as quickly as possible, but with the small down payment I was able to snatch him, instead of laying down almost $1300 in one go. o_O

Best of luck! He really is awesome.

9. yeah, but... don't you have to pay a certain amount each month? I don't know how much I'll be taking in per month, to be honest... And keeping him in Layaway for over a year sounds so unreasonable. O__O

...To make it worse, I now have a way he'd fit in my universe. Arrgh, ayieunrdl!! Dooooooomed. I'm going to hope and pray I find a way to get him secondhand in a couple years. eugh. this isn't turning out prettily.

10. If you're spending under $1,000 then you have to do layaway in 5 even payments... no dragging it out over a year, sadly (I know how it is wanting to drag it out more!).

11. see, but how I'd want him would be over $1000. About $1100 even, when I checked... That's part of why I'm in agony. After paying my parents back, that's what I have left over, AND my emergency money. I'd go, like, crazy without emergency money behind me just in case. It was bad enough with my first BJD, when that was brought $200 below the amount I should have had, but I found solace in the thought of graduation money. And I was very happily surprised to discover graduation money more than covered it, by a huge percentage. i'm going to see if I can talk any of my friends into giving me a loan I'll pay back... but if that doesn't work, I'm afraid I'll have to put my faith in the secondhand market and the fickleness of buyers, or new sculpts snatching hearts...oh dear... doooooooomed.

12. Don't worry too much! Every doll type turns up in the Marketplace eventually!

13. Ordering is open for Bix right now on the site. Not sure how long it will last...

14. indeed they do, thank the lord for that :)

15. I actually just got the Soom Bix, but without the claw. Just didn't like it LOL. He looks beautiful and I can't wait for him to get here. I love all of the information posted here.

I feel the same way LOL

#275 Teddeybayre, Jun 14, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2017