1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM Monthly Doll July (Cancer) the Third Land: Bix - Fateful Night

Jul 15, 2008

1. Given Oracle12's genius picture it seems that has to be a boy...

2. Hey!! Hey!!!

I think they made a Edward claw-hands! I mean... spiky fur wig, armor, scissorlike hands..? Hmmmm.

Yes, I am pretty sure they made an Edward.

3. LOL...and then the rest of your dollies will have to become metro-sexual...

4. Oh, too late for my chaps, I'm afraid!

5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beryl
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bixbite

Wikipedia states that the whole name is Bixbite, a form of red beryl.

I am also amused at myself for naming my incoming Beryl Aquamarine w/out knowing it was a type of beryl. O.o But thats off topic.

Either way, they opted to shorten the name. Also have you noticed all their "full names" for the models relate to night/night time?
      Beryl-Never ending dream
      Sard-A night oddysey
      Onyx-Light & Shadow
      Bix-Fateful Night

Leans it more heavily towards that Zodiac theme I guess. :)

6. Unless you count Vega-Last Song? Though I don't know if people are lumping him in since he was a mecha angel and therefore didn't fit the "Gemstone" naming scheme either... but he was one of the zodiac dolls, I believe.

7. Hmmm I forgot about him, but "Last Song" reminds me of a lullaby, so I think it still fits, perhaps even in that order?

"Last Song" before the "Never Ending Dream" of a "Night Oddysey?"
      The "Light and Shadow" of a "Fateful Night."

I could go on w/ that idea forever lol.
      However, Deneb is marked as being an Aquarius, tho I don't see how she fits that theme really.... although wikipedia states that aquarius is a warrior. So I suppose she does. "Planet Spirit" still fits an astrological theme tho I think.

8. From the converted pic, the torso looks to have girl bewbs to me. they're too plump to be man bewbs. Either way he/she will probably look fantastic.

9. I traced the bod. The pic was taken from StrontiumDog's edit.

[​IMG]

Gives you a better idea of the pose. I do believe those are pecs. Soom's bods are really muscley so bigger pecs + armor makes them look like bewbs. XD

10. Only time will tell!!! I think its that weird shelf it kind of makes up top that make me question if they're pecs.

11. That has to be a boy, my beryl has a huge chest, much more impressive then the crab person's.

12. Looks like breasts to me, under that torso armor. Won't know for sure until they put up more pictures, of course. But the angle of that chest, in comparison to the angle of the back, makes me think Bix is a girl. (Either that, or the armor over the pecs is REALLY thick.)

I think this is the first one of Soom's monthly dolls that's really interested me - I mean, beyond "wow, that's a cool doll I'd buy if I had more money." I'll have to keep an eye out, see what the other pictures look like.

Hope she's normal resin, not white or something.

13. Welll, I was really bored. So, I started shopping Soom's dolls for the right eye. turns out I ended up matched with Deneb. So, Deneb male? You decide! All I can say right now is pretty much the f-word, since if its Deneb mecha male, I'm 'soomed'.

[​IMG]

14. kayke : what you designed as pecs is in fact one shoulder , the other one is in the shadows
      if we imagine the size of the head ... there's no pecs or breast shown on that pic , the cut is too high ^^;; ...so nothing can tell if it's a male or a female
      but tomorrow we'll know for sure X3~~~~~~

buff : lovely catch ! but really hope it"s a supergem size than MA personnaly >.<

15. I second that.

Either way though, it makes me think of one of the monsters from "The Mist." You know, the one that ate Ollie.

16. You know... now that you mention it, the angle/closeness of the head would be totally wrong for that part to be pecs/"bewbs". :doh I think you're right... it is probably a shoulder.

As for sculpts... I wonder if it's a new one? Onyx and Beryl were new, Sard was a modified Dia... maybe it's a modded Deneb boy or someone completely new!

17. I hope it ends up to be horrifically disfigured on every part of the body except that eye, on a mini-gem body that makes it look like a bobblehead with crab arms.

Unfortunately, Soom only makes pretty things.. so yeah.
      Like Buff said, I'm soomed.

18. Yeah, here's my guess, also what is up w/ those studs?

[​IMG]

Arrrrg I wanna know noooooow.

19. I think that what you have listed as the back is actually the shoulder, and the area you have marked as "side" is the general collarbone area. The studs would be on the chest if that is the case. It would also fit well with the head positioned like it is.

Did my own quickie photoshop outline of what I think, after reading Moachan's comment... the head is positioned between the shoulders looking upward (shot is from a somewhat above angle), and his/her left shoulder is hidden behind the raised claw. The upper part of his/her left arm is basically coming straight out at the viewer, so it's also hidden because it's seriously foreshortened... at least that's my theory anyway. =P

[​IMG]

20. We're kind of in agreeance, the area I pointed to as back is both shoulder & back-ish, but I'm at work and really don't have time to put lots of thought into it. msPaint ftw. >.> OI I JUST WANNA KNOOOOOW But yours looks reasonable as well. Probably the most reasonable so far.