1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll (July) the Second Land: Cass - Abyss Rhapsody

Jul 24, 2009

1. I'm afraid they need the 25% downpayment in case you cancel, that's the 'restocking' fee, and it's non-refundable. :sweat I still hope you can pull it together, on the other hand, good luck!

.hlp

2. Yeah, it's 25% up front, no matter how many other payments you make afterward. I'm guessing that is to cover their basic materials expenses as they send in the orders for casting, so they don't get stuck out of pocket in case too many people drop their layaways mid-stream.

3. Well pooh.

4. Oh cool--great idea!!! We're both getting her, how fun!

Jay

5. ::Sigh:: What is it going to take to get a womanly doll that is an actual mermaid? I was so excited when i heard about her. I waited for monthes just to get a glimpse. Then i discovered that they put those feet things on her, and to me, they just look bad. I've given up. I think i will never see a full size BJD that is a beautiful mermaid. One, long, strong tail, with beautifully sculpted fins, and the option to turn her human. I knew when i saw the babies, it was most likely that we weren't getting a mermaid. I'm so heartbroken.
      I'm figuring that to get the beautiful mermaid, i'm going to have to approach Nobility doll about making her custom

But, her face is lovely...as is her outfit. Congrats on those who wanted her and got her.

6. I think I've gotten over the disapointment of her finny feet but that might have been because I wasn't interested in a mermaid tail tbh. I actually thought that they would have done something different than Eliv and Iv but I have over 6 months for them to grow on me

Ayuen, i'm crossing my fingers that you'll be able to afford Cass but if not, I'm sure you'll be able to find her on the secondary market when she is finally released.

7. I'm with you, I would LOVE a proper mermaid. Instead we got a water elf and those feet things just look delicate and awkward. I can't see how it'll work really and her face is a little plain.

8. I like that SOOM chose to interpret Cass's sea elements differently than the expected. I'm bored of the cliche that undersea girl equals mermaid with the long fish tail. I know I'm messin' with a classic, so I don't expect agreement with my taste (or lack of it, lol.) I think the interpretation of the fins is beautiful. They look almost like sea flora. I can see the undulation of the currents in their filmy petals. I like, too, that they are different.

Different is not what drew me to bjds, but it is what keeps me engaged and ever more fascinated. I love to see how the artists take the concept of doll and turn it on its side. The SOOM monthllies push the envelope for me in their creativity, the thought put into their concepts, and in the sheer beauty of their sculpts.

9. kittyaz: i agree :) . i think that many people will regret not getting cass when they see what she 'becomes' in owners' hands.

10. I am truly looking forward to see what other artists will do with her.

11. Oh oh oh excited - I'm going to make the first payment for her hopefully in a few days! :D

12. Yes! That painting was one of the few that came to me when I saw her, along with these siren sculptures I saw in Europe~ *hi5*
      I think red hair would most certainly work on Cass! So long as the faceup's color tones are warm and matches the type of red you choose for wig- lots of potentials for this beautiful girl! Personally I'd have her blank and commission one of the talented artists here to paint her. Will be looking forward to seeing your Cass if you do decide to get her! :)

13. I thik she is stunning! I love her outfit and transparent resin parts. Soom consistently impresses me. The fantasy dolls they create are beyond compare.

14. Shes so beautiful. Though like some of you Im not so fond of her fishy parts. But I love her face and honestly paying $500 something for this girl is SOOO worth it. I love the softness of her face and the "motherly" feeling I get from her. Ive named her mother dove, a care take for my other dolls. ^___^ I cant wait to see what others do with her.

15. I would agree with you if there had already been 20 mermaid dolls created. Sort of like how Soom went overboard with every other doll having hooves and horns. But there has YET to be a single mermaid character that fits the classic. This is not a mermaid. It's more of a water elf, or a Water nymph. I've been DYING to see a decent mermaid. I'm sincerely disappointed in soom, regarding this doll.

16. I think she is beautiful all around. I love her fishy parts I think the legs are gorgeous and the ears are outstanding
      I think am going to get the human version because I want a cream white girl to go with shadow Onyx and NS Dia, and I like her sculpt plus the human dress.
      Even tho it took a few months (18 weeks)to get Onyx the wait wasn't bad because I was making layaway payments and I didn't want her all that fast I just wanted to know that I could get her.
      I can't wait to see artist face ups on her.
      I am torn between Iplehouse Jessica and Cass but until I see photos of Jessica I'm not ordering her
      I love her curvy body but I don't love her hands and I want a white skin girl.

17. I don't like the finny feat but I like that soom pushes to be different and original. It's very brave of them...

Anyone noticing that the main god limiteds are like older versions of the babies?? So I guess when the babies for each bit is released we can know what to expect from the main god limited.

oooo I so hope my mum will have the money to lend me >.< I'm going to be heart broken if she doesn't...

18. Same here Mushroom!
      I said to my ma that I would clean THE ENTIRE HOUSE if she lent(/give?) me the money to get her.
      And the entire house.... let's just say it's pretty filthy, what with three dogs and three cats XD

For yoooooouuuu Cass!

19. I'd clean the whole house for several months if my Mum could lend me my Cass money. However, I'd also have to tell her than her grown up, 24 yr old daughter still plays with dolls. Then to deliver the bomb-shell that Cass is over $1000 would knock her for six :lol:

20. My thoughts exactly Jay!! I can't wait to see the faceup you give yours!! :chocoberry