1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll (July) the Second Land: Cass - Abyss Rhapsody

Jul 24, 2009

1. Aw, don't be sad, chin up. . . there may yet be a mermaid if SOOM sees the interest in one. They did the male Vega one, although with a fabric tail. My guess is it probably takes some time and experimentation to engineer an aesthetically pleasing resin mermaid tail that is flexible (ie many joints) and poseable. Being able to stand the doll on the fish tail would be another level of difficulty, if possible at all. Even if she is only able to sit with the tail, I don't think bjd collectors would be satisfied with a static pre-posed tail for her. I think we'd want movement in the tail. I would. Dollshe managed something that would serve for this with the DSAM body, but I have to admit I don't like the aesthetics of that body. Anyway, just got to thinking of the whole idea. Is this a Disney quote/paraphrase? "If you can dream it, do it."

2. In the long run, ill probably end up commissioning nobility doll to make my dream mermaid doll. Of course, id let others in on the order! Lol

3. Just a quick note to say that there are some more pics of Cass in the waiting room, which someone kindly took. She really is so much more lovely. They're on page 11 if anyone wants to check them out

4. Okay, so I found this in my PM mail and was floored. Cass is lovely, but the blonde can make her seem a little washed out. A couple of things that are immediately clear:

1. This doll really cries out for a punched-up and dramatic colour like red. ;)
      2. With the green dresses, the red is a rich, kind of sumptuous highlight.
      3. Her blue-violet eyes are really complemented by vibrant red hair.
      4. Her shell ear picks up the red very well (kind of punches up the colour)!

I have a feeling this girl is going to be a very flexible doll, a bit of a chameleon. There's a huge amount of potential for regret not buying her.... URK! Must resist....

Btw, I've compared her profile with those of other doll's: she's gorgeous. Her features are extremely well balanced and are less idealized than I expected. To me, she looks very realistic in profile.

[​IMG]

Oh, see, I thought the baby-dolls looked positively adorable with the finny feet. :) But this is like the ultimate expression of it. However, regarding those hands of hers, I really do think that if anything about Cass's inhuman parts is attractive, it's got to be the hands and the shell ears. They're expertly cast and painted.

I think she'll do well in a garden though. All that green, no? :)

I hadn't thought of that. She's pretty enough for it, but reminds me a little more of a pale version of Esme for some reason. :) But then, I'm a bit odd. ;)

5. Wow, she is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I definitely am getting her...just have to wait till tomorrow...and then she'll be mine :D

And those few pics on Elvesgate are infinitely more informative than Soom's promo pictures. They really have to do something about that. Their photos turn people off.

6. Hey chizzie_shark, I'm joining you! I just ordered her and put first downpayment. I had to sell my SG Spinel in order to buy her but she is soooo worth it! I'll be looking for you in the Waiting Room!

7. I am planning on ordering her in human form. I am torn between getting her with Soom face up or commisioning an artist to do her face up. Soom paints beautiful faces but........
      I checked the promo pics of shadow onyx and my shadow onyx because something just didn't feel right I am not getting the same effects in pics and when I look at her when I noticed the lips and blushing have a different color pallet and I fell in love with the promo colors and I sort of feel cheated. So now I am struggling with getting her then having to send her off to get the face up.

8. Ok. I've never ordered a Soom monthly before, but I love Cass. I hope my question isn't too out of place, but I'd like to know and didn't know where to look without asking Soom, so... Are the MD's shipped in human or fantasy form? And if I want to change Cass's legs and arms out, will she need to be totally restrung? Sorry, but I have no idea on this, as I've never really had the need to know.

9. The fantasy parts tend to be a little bigger or more delicate, so I think they tend to ship them in human form.:)

10. Yes, you'll have to restring part of her arms and legs but not the whole doll. With my Amber I tried using the ribbon method and it was a breeze. Here's a very good tutorial:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230429&highlight=ribbon+restringing

11. Thank you both very much for the help! I'm very excited and I appreciate your responses. ^_^

12. Is anyone else having the problem of not being able to add the human + ocean set to their cart?

I get a strange blank pop-up when I tried... :sweat

13. I just tried to do a mock one and had a pop-up come up too ... a message from the webpage it said. When I managed to get the total to come up, when I pressed the 'add to cart' it didn't do anything.

Hmm, if this is happened to more than one person then I'd say it must be a fault with the SOOM site

Edit: I tried to do the same with the other dolls and they all go into the cart fine. It's just Cass.

14. I just tried and couldn't get Cass in the cart either.

15. I just checked the pop up... while blank it reminds me of the 'out of stock' pop up... so the ocean elf items have switched to out of stock... soom just needs to switch it back in stock (a lot of the MDs 'sold out' but was put back in stock when soom added more)

16. ooh neat pics. They prolly didn't do her in a red wig cuz she'd look too much like Ariel. Soom promo piccies are waaay too photoshopped!!!!

EDIT ooh other neat pics of other soom dolls too at that link. I wish soom had better photos.

17. Yay Yay Yay! :dance I ordered her! <3 I totally love everything in her, but not the fin feet. They are total turn-off. I gotta get her mermaid tail... <3

18. eee I hate that I have to wait... I keep getting paranoid that soom will take her down early, and I won't be able to buy her :'(
      I should be ok to wait til thursday right ?? She'll be available still right? eeeee *panics*