1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll (July) the Second Land: Cass - Abyss Rhapsody

Jul 24, 2009

1. I am thinking normal because she doesn't seem white enough but I am hoping she is white *_* XD

2. Eliv and Iv are white skin actually, so that would point more to Cass being white skin.. but who knows!:sweat

3. Oh i thought they were normal. Whoops nevermind XD

4. Hmm... she looks cream white to me judging by the second photo where she has her arm raised up.

I can say that I am not soomed this month - thank goodness! I'm still on the lookout for a girl doll and if Soom releases a doll with long elf ears later on in the year, I might be soomed again (and curse myself for being soomed again lol!).

But so far so good, I'm not soomed over Cass. She's pretty, I do like how different her face is compared to some of the other female MDs that have come before her, and the detail on her ears is stunning. Reminds me of an actual shell or a pearl or something. Sadly she doesn't fit in with the image of the girl character I have in mind. However, I'm still interested to see what the rest of her looks like. I didn't really like Eliv and Iv's twin fish feet and I think Cass would look gorgeous if she had a single tail instead :sweat

5. I'm not sure if she's white or NS... she does look a little peachier, but it could be lighting or blushing. :sweat I'd love to see more NS monthlies, especially with this girl, but I can understand why they might choose white.

It's interesting that people really seem to either love or dislike the face sculpt. I guess it's just one of those sculpts. Myself, I'm just in love with everything about her teaser pic. I just hope her tail is just as amazing! :) I also wasn't too keen on the Eliv/Iv two-footed tail, so I'm hoping for a single segmented tail or something mind-blowing like tentacles. :eusa_pray

6. WOW I am SOOOOOOO disappointed in her so far. I bet shes going to have the oddball fin parts like Iv and Eliva..:P I dont like her face at all, the ears are ugly...Maybe her dress will be pretty?? Splits!!?? LOL

7. Isn't Cassioppeia (sp?) a constellation?

Which would mean she likely isn't Super Gem sized...? (forgive me if this has been mentioned before)

8. errrrrr i know i want those ears and arms O.o as for the rest of her, not to kin of it, then again maybe because i got a topaz overload O.o i wonder what her tail would be like :D

9. This was mentioned before, but it could be an abbreviation for a Gemstone too:

So who knows? I'm still hoping for SG, though... MAs are lovely and impressive, but they're just a bit too big for me to handle comfortably. :sweat

10. Oooh.... the shell ear is pretty! <3
      Is that some barnicles I am seeing on her arm aside from the scales? Cuz I am super impressed by that.

She is gorgeous~ luckily, she hit me less than Eliv and Iv... :> But gorgeous.. oh, as always.

11. I think she is really lovely. And yes, her face does remind me of both Amber (lips) and the Supia girls. ::nods:: I thought so as soon as I saw her. Of course, having purchased Amber and loving the Supia dolls...that's not a bad thing at all!! ^__^
      The fin parts look so flowy and delicate! What a great job they did. I love the shell and barnacles.
      ...I had never even thought that she might be a MA...o.o
      Oh my.

I really don't have money...but am feeling I'm in danger...maybe I just shouldn't look at her anymore...
      Hah!

12. :D She has a truly beautiful face. A little more mature than some, which I really like and is quite suitable for a goddess... I love what i see of her outfit and those fins are gorgeous! I think she may look more like my Astraea than Amber does.

She really makes me wish I had managed to get a Last Song Vega... How pretty they would be together!

She'll be coming home... It's just a matter of how much of her will be coming home. :sweat

13. Cass has a really sweet face and I LOVE what looks like barnacles on her arms. Nice detail. Oh, and the Kirk icon...no words for the awesomeness that it is.

14. Wow, Soom's on the ball this month, I wasn't expecting even one teaser for a few more days! ^^;

Hmm. Based on her face I can't decide if I want Cass yet or not. In the first pic her face does not impress me, though in the second one I find her stunning. I'm thinking its the light in the first one making her faceup and eyes look much darker, maybe? I can't wait to see more pics of her!

Her ears look amazing but they are rather large so I really wonder how securely they are attached. Or if maybe they are molded on and she comes with an extra human head.

15. Crap....Evil Soom...I LOVE her face, she has a mature ageless look to her. I'm gonna try to join a split for just the head unless the rest of the body is amazing (hoping its not!!! lol..i am broke enough as it is thanks to Soom)

16. If she is white skin, and the ear parts are removable, I want her head only. :D
      And I don't care if she is super gem or mecha angel because I would love them both! :aheartbea

I think I'll joint a split for her head if one becomes availible in Europe.

And I am also looking forward to the pictures of the other parts of this doll. :)

17. I think I'm safe yet again...unless they give her a real mermaid tail. If the give her a real tail I might have to run a split. >_<

18. From what I can see, she's gorgeous and looks so eligant. I'm not a really big fan of the fish theme but i think i will be tempted to get her head.

19. Mm, she's nice. I'm pleasantly surprised by her; she looks very different from the other MDs. Of course, though, I knew I'd be safe this month, since I'm not too much of a fan of girl dolls. She's one of those dolls that I'm going to greatly enjoy seeing other people work with, but I'm not going to die if I don't have her.

I am, however, completely in love with her arms. Absolutely breathtaking. C: I am excited to see more pictures! And I guess I'm kinda confused about her skin tone too. I mean, it's not as white as, say, Heliot, but it's not clearly normal skin like Chrom. And is it just me, or is anyone else wishing Soom would make a NOT blonde female MD? It seems like that's all they're doing lately; it'd be nice to see some variety.

20. on the one hand, candygears, i thought made an excellent observation: art nouveau. that one 'phrase' made me feel much better about cass. whether or not she has a single tail (which would be wonderful) or tentacles (which would be exciting) or is like her two fishie cohorts (ugh and boring) is besides the point to me right now.

the first thing i noticed was the warts on her ears. i am happier that everyone said they are barnacles. i had not noticed that they are on her arms as well. her 'seashell' ear, looks like an inside out eardrum to me. therefore, i am stuck between being fascinated and repulsed by cass. i am very curious, my own self, as to what side of the fence i will fall over on. :) .