1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll (March) the Second Land: Cuprit - Black Frost

Mar 24, 2009

1. Well its official ive ordered my culprit....now all i have is the pictures to comfort me on the looooong wait.

2. Haha *clings with Rushlight* I know the feeling, we can anticipate together!! :lol:

3. Still debating if I should try and do a layaway for her, does anyone think her hooves are that color or is it the body painting that makes them look greenish like??

4. Can anyone confirm if indeed the ice hooves will only fit onto her body? Because I'm trying to get just the hooves (not really in love with the rest of her, even if she's very pretty) and it would really suck if they wouldn't fit on just a normal Super Gem body. :(

5. Like the issue with Amber, from the sound of it, I believe the hooves will only work with Cuprit's body. Or atleast with her lower torso.

6. Shoot. If that's the case, then this will definitely pose a problem for me. :T Thank you for answering, though!

7. Its the color of the resin I'm sure. Had a Topaz in person and the amber-orange coloring seemed to run through the resin.

I think a few pages back someone posted the response from Soom? The body and legs are different and only work with Cuprit's body.

8. Lazulistar- That's good to know, I will go for it this week then, I am well prepared to sit and wait for her this Summer when she comes home. I'll have some wigs, eyes and some kind of outfit for her then too;)

9. I had looked, but it seemed more like speculation than anything concrete. I might've misread, though. Either way, this definitely poses a problem, and I thank you, too, for answering. > w<

10. Sweet! :) I'm still trying to decide what to get. So trying to decide to get the clothes or not. They're awesome, but too nakie I think for me lol.

11. They definitely look green, but this doesn't bother me much as I'm going to paint those hooves anyway ;)

12. Phew, I'm so glad I'm not the only one planning on painting my Cuprit's hooves! I was worried that it might attract some negative comments, since she's limited and the clear resin is part of what makes her 'unique' and all.

But yay, painted-hooved Cuprit's ftw! What color are you planning on painting her hooves? I'm thinking some shade of brown for my girl, but it's going to be a bit tricky really, since I want her to be a redhead ^-^;

13. I confess I've never been interested in Soom monthly dolls before, but this one zapped me right in the innards. My hands are shaking. The hair on my arms are standing up. Everything from her eyes to her hooves are positively electrifying. @ @

14. According to Jin Lee in the Q&A section of Soom, the hooves are made specifically to fit Cuprit. I take it to mean they'll be a poor fit on other dolls, if they work at all. Maybe they can be modded to fit though, I don't know.

15. Hey, don't worry, it's your doll so go for whatever you like ;)!
      See, the question is always with what intention did you buy this doll? If you just bought her to resell her some times later then it's better to leave her as untouched as possible. However, if you bought her for yourself, then there's really no reason why you shouldn't mod her to your likings.

As of now I'm not really settled with the color, but I'm considering some kind of dark iridescent purple/silver. Guess I'll have to figure out first what kind of wig, face-up and clothing style she's going to wear most of the time and will decide the color combination then.

16. I love her eyes (they look a little asian, which I love), and her transparent hooves are so cool... But I'm not sure about her mouth?

I'm surprised that Soom didn't continue with the tinies, a while ago pretty much everybody was convinced they were heading in that direction.

Anyway, she's quite something, congratulations to those getting her! :D

17. I wasn't sure about her mouth either, but think she is growing on me, particularly for the hooves (I once owned a Beryl and regrettably let her go...). If I definately decide she IS for me, I'll order her blank.

I posted Soom asking about clothing for her and as yet have not had a reply, but will post info if it comes.

18. i love so much Cuprit
      It's very difficut to wait the end of the split to buy her >____<

19. From the looks of things, they're going to alternate between tinies and bigg'uns. :) So tiny lovers get a break every other month, large-size lovers get a break every other month, and people who love everything just get Soom'ed over and over again!

I'm not much for big dolls, myself, but I love admiring them from afar, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what else they come up with for the 2nd Land series!

20. I got a reply from Jin Lee (from Soom) to the Cuprit clothing question and whether she can wear other Super Gem sized clothing :

'CUPRIT - She based on the Super Gem doll but now exactly same shape. Especially, the hooves and feet parts is totally new designed only for her. I thinks that will be fit if she wear the dress or skirts.'

So, I think they're saying dresses and skirts are fine, but I guess (obviously) that trousers won't fit as her legs will be longer....

It's not a locked question on the Q&A board, so anyone can check this I think.