1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll (March) the Second Land: Cuprit - Black Frost

Mar 24, 2009

1. I agree on the Super Gem speculation... her head proportions seem similar to Super Gem, and the naming is a bit of a give-away. All of the Super Gems have gemstone names... so Cuprit seems like she should also be an SG.

It may just be the lighting or her blushing, but she looks to be NS, which makes me happy. Most of the monthlies so far have been WS or unique colors like gray and purple. It's nice to see a NS doll for a change.

As much as I do love the hooved dolls, I will be a bit disappointed if Cuprit has hooves too. I loved Euclase, Vesuvia, Topaz... each of them had something unique and new. They've had four hooved Super Gem monthlies so far, and I'd like to see them get creative again and come up with something different.

That being said, I adore her face sculpt, and I might have to run or join a split depending on her size, price, and extras. :sweat That face is just about perfect for a character I've been trying to figure out. (But I think I'm finished with collecting the hooved and horned dolls now that I've got a Glot on order to go with my Beryl).

2. oh wow, i was not even thinking about the next Soom release, interesting, but not for me, there's something about the face i don't love, can't put my finger on it. although, there might be some split parts to pursue. plus...... i have NO MORE ROOM for dolls, and am not ready to part with anybody yet.

3. I think the horns are attached to the back of her head too, unless she's an octopus-bird-elf and those are 2 of her 8 arms :P LOL

4. I might be Soomed again, this elf is beautyful.
      I am very curious about the rest of her, and the wings, and the horns and...

I am Soomed again... :o´

Edit: On size I think I agree with Illves, comparing the glass-pearls in her hair, she is far smaller than Beryl...

5. Hmmm... those beads in her hair DO look like your average "seed beads"... which would seem to make the doll smaller by comparison. Huh.

Maybe she IS mini-sized... It wouldn't be completely out of the question for Soom to branch out into the 45cm size by introducing them as a Monthly Doll first. In that case I think I'd be safe this time around, since the character I'd use the head for needs to be in the 60-65cm range. :doh

I did think for a minute that she might be Mini-gem size, but I just don't know. Without holding a seed bead up to my dolls, it's hard for me to visualize the proportions. I may do that later tonight when I get home though, just for kicks. ;)

6. Oooh, she is very beautiful and has a lovely aesthetic going on with the black and the crystal crown and all... X3 A dark sort of faerie, or some such. I could definitely see her with bird-talons, but hooves don't seem to fit the feel. Or maybe we'll see some totally new kind of feet! ;)

She would look amazing with a "good"-themed Heliot or Topaz...

Gorgeous, but I think I'm safe. XD

7. I'm seriously thinking of getting her, but if she isn't a super gem I probably won't.

8. i think its a she. and i think shes beutiful. i dont know if i can excape this one..

9. If this is true and she's Rosette-sized, I'm doomed. I've been really wanting a Rosette girl... If she's bigger, then I'm safe. I don't want any 60cm+ dolls, not in my tiny apartment... Already running out of storage room for the SD-sized gals.

10. Seed beads come in a lot of sizes, so I wouldn't focus too much on that.

I'm betting the horns are part of the decor on her collar.

WANT. *whimper*

11. Aww, I was hoping to get a Soom Monthly doll this month but she is not intriguing me enough to want her. I like her eyes but her lips aren't really doing it for me. She is pretty but not enough for me to want her.

I hope next month's will be more my style. ^-^

12. The face is kind of cute, and I like the crystal crown in combination with all that black, but I´m rather looking foreward to see more of her than feeling that special tingle I got from some of the other Monthlies.

13. what makes you guys think she is smaller in size? and....... i realize now that her face is very much like Heliot's, i guess that is what was bothering me, i felt like i had seen it before. but i love Heliot so....

14. Arrrrrrrrrghhh KILL ME!

On another thread here I was JUST SAYING I want them to create something fairytale-esque.. a girl cause I don't do boys. AND SOMETHING FAIRY LIKE.
      In fact I was hoping for a kind of dark Topaz sorta thing, but NEVER expected it would happen!
      Plus I've just started to want elf ears!

I saw her, and SCREAMED.. quite hysterically. xD

Terrified that she's going to be a bigger doll cause I simply don't have that kind of money, especially as I ordered Glot and have half of her still to pay!
      Basically if she's super gem, I'll be forced to pass and that may KILL ME!

Strongest reaction to her over all the other monthlies so far...

I HOPE HER FULL BODY SHOTS ARE UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xDDD

15. I think she is an MSD size. The features and shape of the head and eyes screams MSD to me. I can't wait to see the full outfit.

16. ...I'm so relieved. Nothing about her attracts me. Yet. I have a feeling that relief will be short lived.

17. She's pretty and I can tell she's going to definitely be an interesting sculpt (since Soom never fails to impress!), but I'm also extremely grateful that she isn't a chibi like Glot and Glati. I was dreading the thought of them releasing another baby this month >__<

Anyhows, I'm interested to see how Cuprit (what an unusual name o.O ) will look like, but I don't think I'll be getting her. I don't have any characters that would fit her sculpt ^^; (translation: my bank account is safe this month XD!!)

18. I would LOVE for her to be MSD sized because that's my size preference.

But, as I posted somewhere else, I was in the store yesterday talking to the lady there and she tilted her head and made a noise at the suggestion of an MSD size, giving me the idea that there was no way. x_x
      At the same time though, as of Monday she knew that the next monthly was NOT going to be a recreation of the zodiac dolls, but she had no idea what was coming.. so who knows!

At the biggest, I'm hoping gem. That might JUST be affordable.
      Though I had hoped for a mini gem cause I WANT ONE! xD

Though surely.. if she is the god to Beryl and Sard who are masters to Glot and Glati, shouldn't she be BIGGER than them? She'd also have to have hooves too I guess?
      Though I also think that like Euclase-esque feet would suit her.

Hmm speculations!

19. Cuprit being copper, it's very interesting to see how they will encorporate that into her over all look!

I know I have to get her, between her gorgeous ears and her just beautiful face up, I'm Soooom'd again *_*:aheartbea

I know my savings, is more like "savings, what is this savings you speak of?" :|

20. I think she would be really pretty if her nose wasn't so short, it looks too much out of proportion with her face. Will be interesting to see more pictures. I love her ears though, they are perfect. I'm guessing she is a super gem, but she would make a cuter msd.