1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll (March) the Second Land: Cuprit - Black Frost

Mar 24, 2009

1. I am convinced now, Soom is pure evil. All these magical dolls they're coming out with? I can't afford them! :( She(?) kind of reminds me of a Topaz/Heliot mix. I'm hoping she's mecha angel size so I won't be tempted to buy her (through layaway of course). :sweat That would be way too big standing next to my shortest doll.

2. Agreed. I actually think she'd be OK with just the ears and wings (and horns?). I'm still waiting for the day Soom adds hooves/claws/wings as options to their basic dolls.

3. I'm thinking bird feet like Euclase, if anything. I can't afford to be soom'd again ><

4. Maybe she is thinking of the category listed in other parts of the website called "Little Gem," which seems to suggest MSD size?

5. She's pretty but I don't like her eye color. Thank God for random eyes haha

6. The Ice Queen!!~
      I like her lips~

7. Looking at the Monthly Dolls page anyway I am not so sure she is in Super Gem size... the Super Gem and Mecha Angels are in the 3rd Land... the 4th Land are tinies (we can suppose basing on Glot and Glati) and this 2nd Land.... well it has not too much sense to me if the do another line for Super Gem... but of course I can be wrong (I only hope I am not for my bank account sake...)

8. If she's anywhere in the 60cm+ range I NEED that crown; the gears in my head are already turning with a photoshoot I could do with that.

I'm excited to see more of her. I always love the Soom Monthlies, but haven't given in yet and bought one... yet.

9. I wonder how fast I'll talk myself out of this one too... :...(

10. Hmmmm........ since I missed out on Glati...... and if she's a girl..... and especially if she's MSD sized......... I think I am so going to have to have her............ a mini with those horns.......... I don't care if she wouldn't really fit in my family, I would create a character for her somehow :D

11. ...omg, horns <3 they look super cool! Er, I will feel qute silly if the things curling around her neck turn out not to be horns...

To me, her face doesn't look like it belongs on a mini o.o if she's not a Super Gem, then the only thing I could guess she is is a normal Gem. And Cuprit is a gemstone, after all... I think we've gone back to Super Gems.

12. Guys I think it's highly unlikely they sculpted a new body for an MSD size just for the sake of one monthly doll.
      I'm not saying it's impossible, but it seems like far too big a financial risk for the sake of it being slightly smaller than stuff they already know sells like hotcakes.

13. wow! she looks amazing !! <3 She screams Gem size to me and if she is I'm so Soomed.:lol:

14. OH my...i may be parting with my savings...soom do a layaway plan right? I must see how that works...

15. She is lovely, and normally I go gaga over elf ears and such but I'm glad to say she's not calling to me as strongly at the moment, but that may change once more pictures come out lol I believe it's the almond eyes, though don't get me wrong are lovely, but for girl dolls I tend to go for a more slightly gumdrop shape or eyes that are a little wide but have slight corners (not sure how else to describe them). I know a friend of mine will go nuts over this but she already had me order a glot for her lol ^^;

16. Ohhh, I totally missed that Little Gem category. :sweat It gets so confusing, since "mini" usually refers to the 40-45cm size range, but Soom's "mini Gems" are a different size entirely! *_*

Yeah... if they only limit it to this monthly doll. But what if this is the big "reveal" of an MSD-sized line, one that might include non-limiteds (like Lazule, Dia, and Olivine for the SGs) and limiteds (like Beryl, Sard, Euclase, etc)? It's probably just wishful thinking, but on the off chance she is MSD-sized, I doubt they'd limit the body to just this one monthly release. The face sculpt and extras would be limited of course... but that doesn't mean they wouldn't come out with other standard dolls in the same scale.

17. Oh my goodness, deary me. She(?)'s lovely. Looks like the love child of Topaz and Sard... that's just me, though. I am IN LOVE with her ears.

*waves goodbye to bank account*

My guess is that she'll be Super gem... Notice how the size for Glot/Glati was 4th down... and now she's from the second land and super gem is second down... I might be going off into something completely idiotic, but hey. Sorry if it's been mentioned before, not enough time to read through the thread. *facepalm*

18. I may be doomed to get yet another SOOM doll.

19. I think her horns may be like Ram horns? How they come from the head and curl down around her neck area?
      Just my guess.

I've been waiting for a cool march monthly... I may just have to wait for more pics to be convinced :)

20. According to a post on the Q&A board, she is Super Gem. ^^

(I wonder if you can put a Super Gem head on a Gem body.. I *really* need her to be 60 cm..)