1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll May: Bazael - Rauco of Pain

May 13, 2011

1. I really love his face, but his face-up looks a little hastily done... it seems cakey and unpolished, like gritty pastels? I'm sure people will be doing a MUCH better custom job with his face-up. My boyfriend was really excited to see him because he thought he'd be good for a character of his, and I think that's still true, so likely one of these guys will be coming home to live with me, just hopefully sans weird feet and dumb hair.

I love his eyes, though, they'll be perfect for my Coquina. If the bf doesn't get him, I'll definitely try to find a split for his eyes.

Mirren: Maybe he reminds you of Euclase because his "Dark hands" appear to be the same as Euclase's "Dead hands" parts. :-P

2. oh my god, soom is literally getting worse and worse.. why last sculpts are soo similar to dollzone, im so disappointed. release less dolls and improve the quality! and maybe get the old sculptor back!

3. I actually...didn't like him, I have no idea why, I just didn't like him, I love his wings and horns and might even go into a split for them or something but...I really just don't like his face. his fantasy feet also gave me the creeps lmao.
      I think its cause (yes i know people do this a lot but..) he reminds me of Hyperon and Euclase, both sooms I didn't like.

4. Tosh, I am totally agree with you(( The quality and new sculpts are getting worse and worse.

5. He's cool although he does not call out to me like other soom releases. I think our standards are set too high for soom if we give him insults.

I think the awful photos are too dark! He will look better with a nicer faceup, wig, and photos. The head sculpt is nice but I personally do not like such wide lips. Nor do I necissarily need the hands or feet as I already have soom demon limbs that I think look nicer than those ones. The outfit and gray skin options are so expensive too.

I don't think the quality of sculpts are getting worse. I basically pony-d up for Hyperon for his amazing head sculpt and have not regretting it upon arrival. It's one of the best sculpts ever. And the megagems (shoshon, monzo) are drool worthy head sculpts. I don't see dollzone when I look at him, but see a little of onyx and other sooms. Where did you hear they have a new sculptor for all the new releases vs older releases?

Hate to say it, but this whole situation brings back deja vu, reminiscent of people's reaction to Vesuvia. Soom really needs to use a better photographer.

6. Darn, was hoping he'd come in NS since I wanted to get those hands. I don't doubt owners will do him a lot more justice, and make the sculpt shine.

7. I haven't complained about that kind of thing at all to be honest. Never even said a word about the thing they have with hooves XD I like hooves especially the littlegem ones, they look so good on the latest msd's :D
      Would be nice if they, say, released a mermaid/man that actually had a tail.
      I will say about this newest one that I adore his ears, but not the overall sculpt as much as I thought I would *sigh* I hope they use that ear design again some time.

8. I'm liking the head sculpt, and the wings are utterly beautiful. I'm thinking grey and blank this time around, though, depending on how finances play out. The feet, er... well. I like that he has them, but I don't know how keen on them I actually am. I could have lived without them with the rest of what's going on there with the wings and horns.

9. My dread of being soomed is thankfully over. His face just doesn't suit my taste. No wallet pain for me xD

10. I do see some potentional in the mold.. and would love to try out to paint him differently.. but already blank, he's just to much for me. I could go through another long layaway again.. but already having 2 there, I do pass.

11. $800 blank price tag + weird, almost-Nephelin feet = not Soomed. Thank goodness! I have other dolls to pay for.

However, I'm loving the new post-and-magnet system for the wings. It looks really sturdy while still allowing him to flap. I hope they keep it around for future winged MDs.

12. I keep going back for another look at him and am wondering if he is growing on me after my initial negative reaction...

LIKE: Wings, horns, hands/talons, nose, outfit and that he makes a statement and is a little 'brat-ty' :)
      DISLIKE: Feet/claws, face up, looks a little young...price of outfit
      NEUTRAL: Wig...didn't like it at first, but it could be played with and teased out.

I won't have even have a deposit until the end of the month, so may miss out through lack of funds anyway. :(

13. I love him ! He's really beautiful, just need to imagine his face without this make up though. Love the wings, the hands, the horns and the ears too. I think I don't need the wig, this is really too much ^^ The only things I really dislike are the... errr "feet"...

14. I love his face. I would *definitely* not have the white poofy wig pulled straight back like that... Yikes.

But technically -- geez, he has spines on his legs. I wonder what other doll had spines on his legs and was declared off-topic? Betcha this one won't be. Just sayin'. :mwahaha

I didn't see on the listing any mention of human feet (although it looks like he must have some, given the boots) or a "human" head (as in, normal ears). I'd probably go for him with those eyes if he had just plain old human bits at the bottom...

ETA: what DZ does he look like? No, I think not. What he does look like is a teeeeeny change from a lot of Soom's other recent sculpts. I think what people are seeing is the lack of originality. We've seen these admittedly gorgeous gray demon things come out from a whole bunch of different places all at the same time recently! It was incredible and epic a couple of years ago, but now it's "oh, cool, another gray demon guy." At least that's my take on it.

15. I'm disappointed a bit... The wig looks rather weird also as well as his feet with the claws. I like the wings, his dark hands and Bazael's outfit. They look amazing. But they are the only I like in him. *breathes out* I'm saved.

16. I am definately going to try and get ahold of those wings and horns, especially since they appear to be attached like Amphibel's.... That way if Soom doesn't release a dark girl then I can switch out my Amphibel's look between the light and dark. ^_^

17. I've just asked Soom about whether it is possible to style the wig in a different way and I asked for a pic of the mold without Face-up. I will share the answers with you, as I guess some here are interested in thes matters as well.

18. Hmmm, I kind of like him in cream white, still can't swing getting him though. His feet certainly are....er, interesting. To bad there's not an option to not get them or the wings. I think that would make him a mite bit cheaper.

And Baakay Nephelin also had legs (minus the feet) like that with the small little scales on the side. And I agree I'm also not seeing dollzone in this doll.

19. Maybe this guys clawed feet is like Nephelins?? Ugly on pictures but really pretty in real life??

20. I like him! Not enough to buy him,as a "grey demon guy" but possibly to lay in wait for him a couple of years down the line in the MP when someone else is the New Hotness, and make him a large-size Storm Fairy. He does have a silly wig, but put your finger over the screen and picture him with a spiky tuff guy fur wig instead,to toughen up those pretty-boy features. I thought at first he might be a recast Lazule, but he's his own thing, though he does look a tad like Gluino. Love those elf ears and the splendid outfit! And of course the wings are magnif..darn Soom for not making interchangeable wings!