1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll May (Taurus) the Third Land: Sard - Night Odyssey Discussion

May 15, 2008

1. KYAAAAAAAAA!!!
      When I saw Beryl, I was already thinking when is Soom going to release a guy version of her.
      But I can get neither of them. ;-;

2. I think the Dia head would make a great man, with the right faceup. She actually looks a little bit like some of the Dollshe chaps to me, so that suits me just fine. I agree about the ears, tho'. However, it's nothing that a bit of sandpaper couldn't fix.

3. I agree. She has subtle masculine features to her face, atleast moreso than most other female BJDs. Any male doll with her face is going to be a little more girly looking, but most my ideas for dolls are always angels/demons which are genderless anyway, it almost seems appropriate that he should be somewhat girly.

4. When is he due to be released, does anyone know?

5. Oh no! That's terrible! I hope they'll get your money soon and you'd get Beryl home.

Dia sure is nice sculpt and can easily be either girl or a boy. I usually like girl dolls better because they're just easier for me. And I like making them dresses and other girly stuff.

6. Well, judging from the Beryl discussion, it looks like people started buying her around 10am I think? So maybe that's around the time when he'll be coming out too. I'm scooping him up as soon as I can. :love

7. Eh? 10am when?

8. He looks nice... But I likes Beryl's version more :)

Did you notice his face??? It looks like Dia's, I think XD

9. Today! Aren't you excited? :aheartbea

10. Whaaaaattttttt? In whose timezone?

11. Yeah... I think I lucked out. Financially, I'm not sure if I could handle buying both Beryl and Sard. :sweat I tend to enjoy girl dolls more though, so I think Beryl will be my only hoofed dol. ;) Sard is really gorgeous from what I can see though, and I agree that his face does look an awful lot like Dia's. I will definitely be ogling lots of owner pics. :lol:

12. Well, right now where I am it's about 8am, and the posts where people started buying Beryl said it was about 10am my time. I might be analyzing, but what can I say. I'm a Virgo, it's what I do well. But I did hear someone say that Soom said the Incubus would be released today, the 15th, so it should be today regardless of whether I'm right about the time or not. :)

13. Oh jeez! I only happened upon the news thread during an idle lunchbreak minute, and now I'm going to be splurging hundreds of pounds on a new doll! I didn't even know Soom was planning on bringing out a male version of Beryl until about 30 minutes ago. Well, this is going to be the most expense impulse buy I have ever made!

14. For the fun of it I did a side-by-side comparison of Sard and Dia....

[​IMG]

It almost looks like a Dia head with a few very subtle modifications (cheekbones most noticeably) to make it just a bit more masculine. But the lips and eyes look the same. Also, they're not quite the same angle, so that could be a factor too.

15. Oh yes, same here. Although I guess I still did expect I would want him, so I cut back on spending.

What is this teasing all about anyway?! Get on with it and show me his body dammit! Soom is going to give me a stroke!

16. You know what, I think you're right, and I didn't even notice it until you put them side by side like that. The face looks more narrow, but it is definitely based off of Dia's head. No doubt about that.

17. Yes, yes. I want to see if he really does have the Super Gem body, as Vanilla.Sky reckons. Just a thought, do we know for certain that this is the incubus? Wouldn't it be ironic if, after all this hysteria, "he" turns out to be another "she" (it is Dia's head, after all)? LOL! Now I REALLY want to see body shots.

18. Soom told already last month that next montly doll will be a male incubus. So Sard got to be it for sure. And you can see part of the horns in the picture too. :)

19. Oh man... someone would die if that happened. But, Soom said themselves that it was the Incubus everyone has been asking about, so I think we're safe. But oh my God... heads would roll if I found out it was another girl. :horror:

20. Damn! That was my only hope of salvation. Ah well.