1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll May the Second Land: Chrom - Bane of Wood

May 26, 2009

1. Gah, Chrom is amazing, and he'd be so sweet with my Hati! I'd love to get him, and can deal with the wait, but I think I'm going to resist this month. ;_; I adore water/aquatic themed dolls, and I don't want to be broke with the water element (probably?) coming up next! Sadly I cannot afford two big MD's so close together.

I hope LOTS of people get Chrom though and flood the galleries with pretty pics for us to look at when he starts shipping! :D Big congrats to those of you getting him. I'm sure he'll be worth the wait! ;)

2. There's a question that's been bugging me. Soom's Super Gem Body, the one they use on Chrom this time, it's NOT double-jointed, right? >.< Gaaah why do they have to be so simple! I need a double jointed body for my boys!! ><

3. The arms are double jointed, but not the legs, if I recall correctly. But then, Chrom's wolf legs do technically have an extra joint, compared to the normal legs. ;)

4. This makes me regret not getting Skoll or Hati. I've got the PukiFee Shiwoo wolf boy on order so he will have a little companion of some sort. :)

5. Yes, but he won't be able to move his legs upwards... Or bend his body so his nose can touch his legs... I need some movements... Y.Y I'm so soomed.

6. Frans-chan, about the double jointing..... just so you know there's a method to Soom's madness. Engineering-wise, there is no way the tension of the elastic alone could support the weight of these dolls on those funny bent limbs.... So they have to make the legs single jointed in order to redistribute the weight in the right directins, and thus achieve balance. but I'll tell you, my Sard Azh is REALLY poseable. You will be surprized what you can get him to do when he gets home. So dont lose heart! ^_^

PS, I ADORE the art in your avatar and sig banner. T_T Its so gorgeous. <3

7. I'm really eager to drop a wad of cash on this guy, but alas, he is still not up for sale! I wonder if it's because of so many orders on the English site. I researched the "history" of MD sales to see if there was a lot of discrepancy between the English and Japanese sites, and in some cases there was a bit ... not this much, but ... yeah. Maybe he's just too popular. And I get it. But ... I WANT CLOSURE.

Still "coming soon." I check every morning.

On the plus side, the closer it gets to payday, the more likely I am to just send the total amount all at once, or do a 2 month layaway instead of more. That is the ONLY plus side.

I'm gonna go back to banging my head on the wall now.

8. Is there any way you can send them a message to let them know about the discrepancy O_O Like send them both links http://www.dollsoom.com/shop/step1.php?number=3560 (english) and this one http://soom-japan.com/?pid=13934681 (japanese) so they know that he isn't available in Japan yet T_T

9. Ah... Thank you for lifting up my spirits! ^^;; I hope he can do wonders with his legs!

About the art on my sig and avatar... It's from the same artist. She created a Japanese game titled Will'o Wisp, about dolls... They're big (human size big!) and have souls. ^^ I love the game and the art, and especially the 2 dolls there... Will'o the Wisp and Hobb Irdy's Lantern (yes, those are the dolls' NAMES). XD

monkeycancer... Try the Q&A board... In the English site. You'll lose him if he's not sold in the Japanese site until June 15th... >.> Or maybe... They will start selling him on the Japanese site after that date?? Although it's unlikely... >_<

OK then... T.T About waiting time... Nothing we can do right... >_<

10. Well, yes, Soom is awared of that. According to the Staff of the Soom Store in Japan he is scheduled to be released NEXT week.

11. :sweat Good point! I just remembered that when I asked Soom a question about the back of his fire lord foot parts, they said that they just shipped their prototype to the Soom Japan store :doh I'm so forgetful :sweat ^^ I guess they are waiting for the prototype first ^^

12. Damn you Sooooooooooooom! At least he doesn't have a tail, if he did I swear I'd cry... Or sell an organ to have him. 0_0 I couldn't handle a doll that size anyway. But he's so pretty. T_T

13. Please take questions about Soom payments, shiptimes and general wait time chat to the Chrom waiting room. This thread should only be about Chrom the actual doll.

14. Everyone keeps saying that Chrom looks like a girl, are the rest of you feeling that?

I know Im NOT. HE looks manly to me.

15. he's not. he's manly, in a korean way. ^^ and i love korean guys. haha...

16. I'm definitely not getting girl vibe from him. I honestly think his profile prevents that- his nose is not feminine.

17. I think most dolls can work as male or female if you dress them up right. Even my most masculine looking dolls have been called a "she", one is on an SD16 boy body and the other is a Mecha Angel boy... and it was other doll owners referring to them as female. :?

I've seen plenty of real girls with a nose like that and I think Chrom would make a very pretty girl. I prefer him as a boy though.

18. and then , with the two heads to the set, there is the possibility of doung a girl/boy set of identical twins.....;)

ma

19. i want him so bad now. I managed to have resisted the first days he came out with on and off feelers for splitting him, but now I can't take it anymore! I'm utterly in love with him :...(.

I have to agree with most of you guys. I find him to be a very manly asian guy ;). If i'm able to get him he'll be my very own asian idol or something lol.

20. lildemon: I was the same way for Bix, and when I saw him in real life he wasn't nearly as impressive as I'd grown to believe. So I say probably the best thing (based on my experience; you don't have to listen to me. XP) is to wait until you see him in-person before deciding to get him secondhand.

Then again, you can always join a relatively cheap split and make an investment so if you don't like the head, you can sell it later! =)