1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll May the Second Land: Chrom - Bane of Wood

May 26, 2009

1. OMG! If this guy is a Werewolf, Im doomed! I love Werewolves!

(I've been hoping Soom would do a Wolf boy!)

2. I have no money either, April, so he's going on Layaway.

3. Anyone have an idea on when he will be going on sale?

4. Prob. the beginning of the next week i guess..about the waiting i'm not pretty skilled with as i'm never pre-order form Soom direclty, but 5 months is the less you can wait...

5. He should be on sale in the next 1-2 days. They'll need to release him before the end of May, at any rate.

Novae, the standard wait for an MD right now is around 5-6 months from the time of order. It has been steadily increasing due to the large demand for them. Patience is definitely needed when dealing with them.

6. Usually they go on sale @ the 27th of the month. *crosses fingers*

7. Well, I waited nearly 5 months for a doll that was faceupless, but that was due to a huge 50% off sale. So I can wait longer.

But do they start making him when you start the layaway or after he's paid in full?

8. Oh, also, how long does it take to get a monthly doll if you have paid for it in full at one time and not by layaway?

9. it is still possible to wait 4-6 months for a MD doll even if you order and pay immediately. they process the orders by the time that they were ordered, so if you have ordered on the last day, you will get your doll later than those that ordered before you.

10. So it doesn't matter if you put one on Layaway? I bought the Io second hand so haven't dealt with Soom myself.

11. I wonder if Soom has moved to more feminine guys because so many people were turning their female sculpts into males? When Dia came out everyone wanted her to be a guy until they released Sard, and same with Vega. They might have gotten the idea that customers want softer looking men?

I think he's pretty, and I'm interested in how they pull off the wolf claws, but I don't really neeed him or anything ;) (I'd love to see what you do with one though, Dybbuk!)

12. well, it's hard to say, but i think it does matter. all the people who paid in full will get their dolls before any of the people that had any length of layaway. so if the shipping doesn't start for 6 months for people paid in full, you can be sure, that your doll will ship after all of those.

13. He's a beauty.:D He isn't a dragon but he does seem to have red hair! I love the shape of his eyes. His nose is a lot like Bix's. There's a little of both Bix and Vesuvia in his face. I wonder if his eyes come with those trianges or if that is just a Photoshop effect. It's kind of neat, actually. I'll bet his outfit is leather. (My mother says fur.) Extra heads are always welcome!

If this were 2003 when I was in the height of my Harry Potter fandom days he'd be my half transformed Remus Lupin for sure. Now, depending on the outfit and his extra parts I may try to do some sort of split as long as he is NS (not tan). We'll see.:sweat I know I can't wait to see more pictures!

14. Miss Ally, can you pay more often during a layaway?

15. yes, you can make more than one payment a month, and you can finish your payments in full at any time., it is always a good idea to let them know of all your payments by posting on the Q&A board, letting them know.

oh, i forgot, the only thing you "have" to do, is pay at least 1/4 (25%) deposit for your first payment whether it is 4 months or 5 months. 3 month layaway would be 1/3 deposit, and 2 month obviously would be 1/2.

16. Thanks! You are a big help! ^_^

17. thank goodness, I'm safe once again. He/She (not sure yet) looks beautiful but the look just isn't for me.

18. I wish he had some big, powerful, paw hind legs available. I'm bored with hooves.

19. Wow! OMG He's amazing, I hope they release more pictures soon, i would really love to see the rest of him :)

20. He's gorgeous. I love his lips and his eyes. I don't really wanna be soomed again. >< But I might be tempted depending on what he looks like. ALthough I dont know if I want a doll with wolf paws.