1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll November (Scorpio) the Third Land: Vesuvia - Poison Kiss

Nov 24, 2008

1. I have a feeling I'm screwed :lol: secondary market here I come!

2. I'm trying to convince myself that we don't need another girl in Willow's (Beryl) size, but so far. . . :sweat But seeing how gorgeous Willow is in person doesn't help my case at all. If she's not a crazy resin color, maybe we'll have to go in on a split or something. . . :doh

3. I don't know, I'm holding out judgment for the real pics. I either love or hate Soom Girls (often they only work as boys really) so a lot of it will depend on facesculpt for me. Somehow she doesn't seem as over the top as some of the recent monthlies, but then again who knows what odd color she might be...

4. I bet she is a Mecha just based on her shoes. The Supergems don't have that big of a fold in their toes. It sure would be easy to cast little scorpion telsons on MA heel shoes though.

5. Hmm the tail maybe. Depending on how it works.

6. I think she'd make a wonderful mate for Bix.

7. Scorpio has three symbols. The Scorpion, Butterfly, and the Phoenix. Scorpios are all about sex and reproduction as well as rebirth. That is where the Butter fly and the Phoenix comes from.

8. Super Gems are all named after gemstones, Vesuvia = Vesuvianite. Mecha Angels are all named after stars. So it really should be a Super Gem girl.

9. I was looking at the shoes as well and they look to be shaped like the mecha angel heel parts, but I figure, the jointed hands are interchangeable between both sizes, I'd imagine the heel parts are as well.

10. I can't wait to see her face...but NO date no nada! gonna check it out everyday!:lol:

11. With all this talk about the gemstone, Vesuvianite and its coloring, my head is spinning and my mind is hoping her skin color will be reddish/brownish/greenish--a marbling effect would be amazing. I doubt that will happen, but wouldn't that be different? I'm betting her clothing will contain those colors though!

12. haha, it figures, the teaser must have come out right after i went to bed yesterday.

but at least it's a girl, i won't have to get one. though i might have to jump into a split to get the tail. because i would so happily tape a magnet to one of my boys' asses & stick that baby on there. xD

iheartmantids: that is a GORGEOUS scorpion! i'd rather have one of those than a fake-scorpion doll. xD

13. Nope, she isn't for me, I can tell just by the silhouette. But I am totally hanging around here to watch. The monthlies always impress me in some manner, even if its not the manner which makes me buy them. *L* So far only Sard has that dubious honour.

Can't wait to see Vesuvia in photos!!! She looks like a total femme fatale. Lets hope her face backs up the promises her hooker-heels make. :XD:

14. :fangirl: You're too kind! She's the biggest in my collection, and I have 8 babies of that species.

For one of my real beauties, click here. I just hope they stay that pretty when they grow up!

15. aww, i love scorpions. x3 was that an emperor? i didn't look too closely.

oh wow, now that is lovely. (those cute little eyes!) what kind is it?

16. For the anime fans out there did anyone else see her silhouette and automatically think she'd make a fabulous Adiane the Elegant from Gurren Lagann? I don't think I'd make one out of the new soom girl, but I loved the character's design from the show :)

17. She reminds me of a cocktail waitress in a some shiny new Las Vegas theme hotel.

I'll look forward to seeing her face sculpt. I know there would certainly be parts available if I like her face enough to buy her!

18. Well, Soom's answering the Q&A questions... maybe we will see her in a couple of hours?

I've been staring at the teaser, and on one side of the mini skirt you can see her fingers. But at the same level on the front there is a weird jaggedy shape. It could just be the folds of the skirt, but I'm fantasizing that she has a pinchy claw hand...

19. a claw hand would be awesome, but wouldnt she have two??

20. Ooooo! Her real pictures are tempting! :D I LOVE that tail! I'm not sure about the extra pouty lips though... Oh well, doesn't matter I have no money anyway. I wonder how different the "pearl violet" resin color is from onyx and euclase?