1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll November the Second Land: Galena - Deity Pitta

Nov 25, 2009

1. I wounder if she'll have a tender/sleeping head...she's tempting but I'm not sold yet >.<

2. Yay! I am so happy with this teaser picture! I really LOVE her face. :aheartbea And she is grey skin, just like I was hoping for! :aheartbea:aheartbea
      So yeah, I will be definately SOOMED, but luckily I have saved up as much money as I could, so I will probably be able to buy her and pay her off instantly.

I am so much looking forward to the other pictures. I can't yet decide whenever I like the wings or not. I am not really fan of Soom's clear resin. I mean, with my Amber the resin from her hooves was too yellow in my taste. But I painted them black and now I like them. So if I don't like the transparent resin wings, I can always blush them.

But she just got this evil, seductive and sexy look which I was hoping for. I am going to give her a black wig, and probably black eyes or something. She will be one of my evil side characters.

:fangirl:

And I am really hoping for a second head too. ^^

3. I am going repost the sentiments I wrong on the speculation board but.

CRAP.

I would swear more but DoA wouldn't allow it xD

She's looking like exactly what I would have wanted Soom to release, but DIDN'T WANT them to do because as I've said, I'm not supposed to be getting her.

Right now she's looking as if she was 100% designed just for me.

I so wanted them to do WS or even NS (which I dislike) cause then I'd have been totally safe.
      I AM NOT SAFE FROM FUNKY COLOURED RESINS.

CRY.:...(:...(:...(

4. I wonder if she is a phoenix? She'd go so beautifully with Sphaler.

5. I've been hoping for months that she would be grey skin *dances* I held off on
      Sphaler AND the baby birds (kinda wish I had a baby now though!) for her.
      Her face is absolutely STUNNING...Soom did not disappoint with her faceup
      either...I love her smokey eyes...it's great they moved beyond the light/natural
      faceup all this years girl MD's have had:) Her wings are lovely looking...
      far better (so far) than the tinies wings, and I actually really like her
      hair color...I never would have put that color on a grey doll but it suits
      her and seems to match the blushing of her wings.
      Her wings have a pearl resin appearance to me..like Ambers hooves.

*cringes as her other doll plans are going poof*

6. Uh.

You're right.

If those wings are pearl or transparent resin I will be sold.

AND I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EVEN THINKING ABOUT THIS.

Honestly, I was at the point where I was thinking no more dolls for me, or at least not many.. and DEFINITELY not a big one.
      If I want to even think about Galena, I have to sell ANOTHER doll (I already have 2 on sale).

ARghhhh.. pearl resin....:...(

7. There, there midnitestar7 *pats* :lol:. It will all work out..somehow it does. Dont ask me how, its a mystery.

8. Ahahaha I think people here are getting used to me SPAZZING OUT like this right? xDD

Well, the good thing for me is the fact that it always takes longer for things to come out in Japan, meaning I do get longer to think about it.
      This time I'll definitely go in to see her first to be 100% sure.
      Either well I'll have to do a LONG layaway.. or at least my first payment would be tiny and then I'd have to starve on a 1 or 2 month layaway (with fees grrr), so it doesn't matter much if I don't order her on day 1.

I just hope they get her to Japan SOON cause I'm out of the country from the 9th to the 18th which could be JUST the time she's on display, if I'm unlucky.

9. If you go and see her in real life, can you take pictures of her please? :)
      I always love to see non-soom pictures of her, although I am already 100% sure I am going to order her. :lol:

10. I'm glad so many of you are so happy with her being grey-ish skin...
      For me, it changes a lot of things. I bought Yrie because I wanted her to be an SD version of Galeana, whom I was planning to buy for months... But Yrie is white, and Galeana obviously isn't :/ Darnn.
      I only hope she will be like Vesuvia, with her marvelous pearl resin. This would still make me go squee!

But I love the wings, love the color of her wig and what I can see the wig will be... I'm probably going to buy her anyway. If I don't like her in the end, I can always sell her.

*mumbles* darnn SOOM messing things up... white baby birdies, grey Goddess... *mumbles* ... my plans...! my stories...! *mumbles*

11. I waited for this most of the year. Still no normal skin girl :( I'm out.

12. If she is sparkly resin like Vesuvia I will be sold, no question!

To me right now she looks to have the face of Topaz (who I loved and wish I had) with the overall vibe of Euclase (who I love and would want if he were a she!)
      This is basically what I originally wanted Soom to release. I've been dreaming of something exactly like THIS all year, and that's why I've been so afraid of Air!
      This is sort of what I was hoping Yrie would be (even though I ended up with her anyway).

Putting up a feeler sales post for one of my dolls now, just in case xD

13. For me, she has Vesuvia face more than Topaz.
      There's one thing that annoys me about her apparition though: like Ves, she has deep... uhm... thingie between her nose and lips... dunno the name of it...

14. *sigh* I really hope I change my mind about her ... as I dont think I can afford her ... plus I do want to learn to drive ... really ...deep down XD lol
      *bigger sigh* Shes gona be expensive isn't she ... >.>

15. Oh and yes! As always pictures will be taken and posted.. assuming I'm in the country!!!

16. ermmm I knoe its way to early to even be thinking this! but IF she does have 2 heads (Dont think she will...) and i couldn't afford the whole doll but perhaps her head... is there a grey skinned body that will work with soom grey resin readily available ??

Can you tell I'm dying just to have a piece of her lol

17. I actually think she has more of Euclase around the face - she has his narrow eyes (rather than Topaz's wide innocent eyes), and her lips are definitely more his than hers (no huge beestung lips! Hurrah!). She even seems to have a bit of Euclase's nose to her - Topaz's nose turns up more than hers seems to.

Oh, hey - I wonder if 'Deity Pitta' is a reference to Pitta birds? Making Galena a God of birds :)

18. Well my original *cringe* has turned into *cries & whimpers*
      If she is Vesuvia resin I'll be thrilled to bits though. But Grey is
      perfectly fine too :-) I understand how you feel midnitestar7!!
      I finally got my first SM MD & had decided no more boy or girl MDs
      (I'm getting Cass)....unless it's grey or fantasy colored!! lol

Soom= Ruiner of Dollie Plans

There have been a total of 5 other dolls (including 2 MD's) I decided
      against getting and 2 new dolls that I was hoping for (if Galena was NOT grey)

Who is it that said this hobby was relaxing...??:lol:

edit: I actually think she has more the intensity of Beryl.
      And I love that Soom is staying with the softer face shapes..
      not a fan of pointy noses or chins.
      A cross between Beryl/Onyx/Vesuvia (maybe even a hint of Cass..?)

edit: mushroom there is a great (perfect?) grey skin match
      for Soom...I saw at least 3 MDs using it but can't find the threads...
      look in the gallery, I think Miss Ally has one.

edit: It's Spiritdoll grey resin heres the link Soom Onyx with Spiritdoll Grey Body

19. Actually yeah.. if there are no good body matches, splits are going to be much more difficult to do this time and I think a lot of people who would normally just split off the body or the head or whatever they didn't need won't be able to do so.

If I end up getting her I'll be getting a fullset so it's not an issue for me at least but I can see others being screwed!

I'm just going to at least feel happy that GS means they can't do seam sanding (which I always get) so at least that's SOME money saved! xD
      - I tried to console myself when I ordered Bygg with the same nonsense xDD

20. ah but money you saved from no seam sanding is taken back by the fact that grey resin is more expensiv :P

Edit - Thank you lula78 ^_^

well since Cass was the only MD I adored (and had to miss) I've deicided to only ask mother to lend me money if I can honestly say that I adore her more then Cass. (which will be hard...) and I will only know after seeing all her pics and sleeping on the idea ...