1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll November the Second Land: Galena - Deity Pitta

Nov 25, 2009

1. Pretty crappy quick-shopping, but here you go~ I definitely think the wig in the official photos is too high up on her forehead.

[​IMG]

Her nose looks smaller like this, which pleases me :lol:

2. Oh yeah her nose does look WAY smaller like that!
      Definitely makes me consider a wig with bangs for my girl!

3. Bangs, eeew ;)

4. I don't think I liek her with bangs ... though I do prefer wigs without them so I am an unfair judge. Thanks for sharing with us though!

5. I think I'd prefer wigs without bangs if I didn't hate the way all wigs without bangs look!
      Generally, I'd prefer my dolls to not have bangs.. but when you take the bangs off the wig, the wig just starts to look like.. well.. a WIG. I find most dolls end up looking really hideous with bang-less wigs, just because you don't have the bangs to hide the wig lines.
      So most of the time I'm stuck with wigs with bangs just because the look more realistic.
      Maybe one day a company will find a way to release a nice looking wig without bangs!

6. I think bangs or no bangs depends on the doll really. Some dolls have large foreheads, and generally those type of faces looks really nice with bangs. I love bangs really, as long as it doesnt cover the eyes.

7. I love wigs with bangs.
      If I have problems with the eyebrows when face-upping, I don't have to bother that much since they will be covered by the bangs :lol:

Both my galena's will get wigs with bangs.
      I love bangs. I have bangs myself too, maybe that's also one of the reasons why I love bangs. ;)

8. I like the bangs....well I just love this girl any which way I think!

9. Oh, blackpaperbag, thank-you very much for that picture, it's perfect!!!! It's been very helpful, or very expensive, depending on your point of view. :sweat She looks very Isis with a wig with bangs!

Looking over the menagerie, I see that most of them are bangless, but I've got several banged wigs for incoming tinies, maybe I have size issues? :? This bears examining, and I shall have to buy more wigs to be sure I'm making a considered judgement. :lol:

.hlp

10. thank you blackpaperbag! I tend to like wigs with bangs, so that is good to see :)

11. I went to pick up my other dolly today and saw Galena in person. It was grey-skinned "I took too much cold medicine" Galena. (Or "I didn't take enough cold medicine." Take your pick.) Big and colorful, but personally I just wasn't feelin' it. Ymmv.

12. My God, she's absolutely stunning. I wish I had the money to afford her. ;_;