1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll November the Second Land: Galena - Deity Pitta

Nov 25, 2009

1. God, isn't she gorgeous? She looks like a more proprtionate Namu! HEr expression is stunning! I love her mouth!

2. It would be really easy, not difficult at all I expect.
      I actually don't even think it would be that much more expensive because the shipping is SO cheap on the Japanese site (or the doll can be collected in person at the store for free).
      So even adding on the shipping for someone like myself to send it on to wherever in the world you are, it wouldn't be THAT much more expensive I don't think.
      Plus, the person doing the buying/sending for you would be awarded the points for the order which would pay them for the service of sending stuff probably?
      Oh and Soom Japan takes paypal too so payment wouldn't have to go through the person ordering for you either.

3. I vote Friday since it's their normal release day, but hope for Monday.
      Not that I'll suddenly find money by then but it can extend her release
      further in December. Gawd I wish Soom had their MD's for an actual
      MONTH!

I said this to my Mom earlier "what's the point of being (half) japanese, when
      you don't know ANYBODY in Japan!?" just jk.
      But it would make so many things THAT much easier.

4. Thanks so much for all that info! That definitely takes a bit of the stress off for me - I can only afford Galena's first payment from the 17th onwards, so I was getting a bit panicky about when her sales period will end :sweat

It's definitely nice to know that the Japanese site could be a viable option for people needing a bit longer to get their orders in :)

5. Yeah, that's both the bad and good thing about the Japanese site.
      It's bad for those times when you have the money all ready, know you want to order and pay up front the second you can, but can't and have to wait 2 more weeks.
      At the same time though it's good because you have more time to scrape money together/make decisions and so on.

Anyway back on topic.. what do we think her feet are going to look like?
      I mean it's pretty obvious they'll be birdie feet but, are they going to be special in any way?
      I'm hoping for pearly right now!!!!

6. Well, one thing- they have to be BIG. To balance the wings out. Im thinking pearly too, not transparent though. The desing, well I imagine like Shapler tbh.

7. I hope her feet look like Euclase feet. I am not sure if they would do something transparenty things on them too, since the wings look quite big already. And more transparent resin = more chance for delays I'm afraid.. :|

8. Hoping not transparent tbh, I find it harder to blush :/.

9. I'm probably going to be kicking myself for saying this later but, I'll take the delays if it means getting pearly/transparent claws! I'd much rather that over normal resin.
      The great thing about pearly or transparent too probably is that worrying about blushing chipping won't be an issue.
      I LOVE my Cuprit hooves cause I don't have to worry about that, and I WILL be getting blushing on Galena should I bring her home
      Blushing chipping is one of my huge fears!

I really liked the pearly resin with Amber, and as I already have the translucent resin with Cuprit and Eliv (if she ever arrives), I think I'd rather something different this time!
      So yeah, vote for pearly resin here!

10. Transparent claws would be amazing. I loved Sphalers toes much more
      than Euclases, so really hope they are more like his. Can't wait to see.

11. I just realised that Sphaler had skin tone choice... Maybe Galeana will do to and I'll be 100% happy xD

12. Just for fun :P, imagine she having a tan and grey option. People will be broke, muahahaha.

edit: and there might possibly be tears XD.

13. She reminds me so much of a female Euclase. I would love to have a grey Soom girl, but I am really burned out on the hassles of dealing with Soom products, so will be taking a break on this one.

She really does look stunning though!

14. Ahahaha GS AND TAN.
      THERE WOULD BE TEARS. A LOT OF THEM!
      Thankfully I'm not a tan person so I'd be safe with just 1.. but can you imagine!!

If they give her a WS or NS option too, I think that's going to kill a lot of people!
      Though who've gone, Oh I don't like GS won't be safe anymore!

15. Haha, now we are being cruel midnite, bad us! haha

16. I wonder if maybe they will do lion paws, she might not be a full bird, she could be a griffin or something :3 I doubt soom have thought that much about it though.

17. Hmmm that hadn't occured to me!
      I'm not sure I'd be as happy with lion paws.. or maybe I would? WHO KNOWS! xD

If they DID do lion paws though, I think that would put bets on the Earth god being based on Amber. xD

18. Do those eyes have pupils or is it just shadow?
      I think it might be shadow, and would rather it were shadow cause I don't do eyes with pupils! xD

I think they're sparkly red though so YAY! (I'm collecting all the sparkly soom eyes xD)

19. I would LIKE TO HAVE HER. :D But not the Bird part's :sweat

20. not too fond of her eyes, I was hoping for eyes like the minis. Sparkle green ftw!