1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Monthly Doll October (Libra) the Third Land: Euclase - The last judgement

Oct 20, 2008

1. I'm currently debating is this doll more like Thoth or Horus. Both are 'bird headed' egyptian gods. (Most info taken from WIKI).

Thoth was the counterpart to Ma'at who is the goddess of justice and balance. He's also known as "Judge of the Two Combatant Gods," and "Judge of the Rekhekhui". He's shown with the head of a bird/Ibis.

Horus was called the 'son of truth'. He is represented in the form of a youth wearing a lock of hair (a sign of youth) on the right side of his head. In addition, he usually wears the united crowns of Egypt. He is also portrayed with a 'falcon's' head.

I'm leaning more towards him being based off of Horus. He is NOT based off of Anubis. Anubis is a dog/jackel god.

-Anneke

2. His lipsss O_O

Wow I really love them...

Hope there ends up being something that I don't like about him because I really don't have the moneys D';

3. he looks more like a dog than a bird- what are those ears then? Although I agree the claw hands could be bird or dog...

4. How are those long ears 'dog-like'. They look far more like feathery wings then dog ears. And Anubis is known for upright short ears, not long floppy ears if that is what people are thinking. The face and features and makeup are very angular and thus again more 'bird like'.

-Anneke

5. wings coming from the head? still it is possible they are not ears? if so, I agree with you on a bird!

the ears look almost spaniel like- which is wrong I know, which is why I cannot decide if he is anubis or not! The character of Anubis would fit as he uses the scales to bring justice on the newly dead by weighing the heart!

I am sure we will find out soon :)

6. Hm....not really certain what to think as far as his ties to Egyptian mythology are concerned as Thoth and Horus make more sence conceptually, but, heck, he looks a bit more dog-like to me, (at least from the few pics they've posted). And, we have to remember, Soom DEFINATELY takes liberties when it comes to mythological ties and their monthly dolls. Those could very well be dog ears as an homage to Anubis/jackel instead of literal pointed jackel ears. Or, heck, maybe they're not wings OR dog-ears at all!

I guess we'll just have to wait to see what his lower half looks like :)

7. Let's hope we're not teaser-ed too long on this one before the ordering page goes up. The computer is making strange noises, and, well, if I have to send it off to replace the fan, I'd hate to miss this guy.

8. AH. He is so perfect!! and those hands!!! I was crying because no dolls ever came with clawed hands and my bahamut would need those and wow that face!!! everything about this doll is awsome!!! and I am a libra so I can say I am very happy, I want to see more photos.

9. I agree with Littlepinkfaery. Im a huge fan of Egyptian art and mythology and Anubis is one of my favorite gods! I believe Anubis is always depicted with very large doberman-type pointed ears pointing upward.
      The ears on the new Soom boy appear to be more like a spaniel's.

If he had the appropriate jackal ears, I'd be a goner! Love the Egyptian motif and styling; looks like he will be a wonderous doll!

10. My my, Soom has really got something here, but I don't think he is a Super Gem, I think this one is a Mecha Angel, that looks like a new head mold, and his hands are really huge, but I could be wrong too. I love the ears are they wings perhaps? Glad I don't love him enough to buy him.

11. I really am tied between who he could be based off of; the hands look more like paws to me which would be Anubis, but at the same time the ears and hawkness of the eyes makes me think they could be going somewhere with Horus or more appropriately Thoth considering he is considering the god of Justice and whatnot along with Ma'at...
      I really don't know.
      I am annoyed at soom; they had us waiting so long for the teaser yet we are still just as clueless (if not more so) than before we saw it!

12. I thought so too!

He falls a bit on the effeminate looking side for me, so he doesn't scream, "want", which is good. I'll have to see more pictures to see tho. shall be waiting :3

13. An excellent idea for the month doll. As great as Soom dolls always are. But not even close for “my type”.

14. Soom I was thinking another girl would be released, this is so not fair! :...( If you do this again next year I won't forgive you! Lol!

This boy just kills me. I've already squeeled slightly elsewhere, lol, but just wow no words can describe him. The ears remind me of characters from an anime or manga. I believe they were meant to be "wing ears" although they look so adorable like bunny ears to me. :fangirl: Which just is another reason why I have to get him. This is my weakness from head to toe in doll form. And Soom has outdone themselves with that faceup. Its just too stunning. The sleeping (dreaming?) head has something so serene and mysterious about it. I'm trying to talk myself out of a long layaway, but I dunno if I can. Again Soom has gained control of my wallet.

I love the outfit, but am I the only one who wants to stick him in cool-casual clothes? And then stick him in and alley smoking a ciggy. Hm...I think my Vincent needs a friend... :

First thing I thought was a naga, that the rest of him is snake-like. Especially with the snake on his forehead. And the nails. I wouldn't be surprised to see a snake tail on him or scales or something. And if he has wings on his (or behind) his head, its possible there might be wings like on his feet by his ankles or something.

15. Grey skinned boy. Clawed, veiny hands. Wonderful head sculpts. Soulful faceups. Soom is definitely a creative powerhouse.
      Is it me, or do the ears resemble outstretched seagull wings?

16. Trust me I do not think you are the only one!
      I would be terrified to keep him in the default outfit as it looks so fragile and I think he would look gorgeous in a dark photo shoot, with a pair of dark jeans, boots and just like, a knee length trench coat...

I am planning him too much already! He even has a name to me >.<

17. Very nice, and I'm glad I don't want one! :D

Quite perturbed at the idea of scorpio being a girl even though it's a feminine sign... then again, maybe I won't like scorpio either and I can hold out for hooooves. :D

18. I think he is a super gem actually..look at his elbow joints..they're not double jointed like my Vega's ^^

orrrr...maybe not..>> those hands are in the same position as my vega's webbed hands...Argh!

Indistinguishable!

19. I'm thinking that the ears might be a mixture of dog and bird features. Even though Anubis is a jackal God and pictured with jackal ears, Soom might make their own twist on things ;)

I am disappointed that he does not look just a tiny bit masculine though, I first thought it was a girl. But even though I don't want him, I am still curious to see more :lol:

20. Super Gem--not good for me...if he is a Mecha Angel, the larger size will make it easier for me to resist....