1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM Monthly Doll September the Second Land: Sphaler - Millennium Mireu

Sep 21, 2009

1. I am undecided on Sphaler, I'm not prepared to get a white skin doll at this point in time. I'm considering a standard SG boy in normal skin.

DarkRegrets: I can imagine WS Sphaler in the snow......take pictures of him in pure white on white. He is a very beautiful doll.

2. I'll be sure to do so. :)

3. I think he has a pretty face, but after seeing him IRL I'm not so sure anymore...There is something about Sphaler that throws me off..=/

4. Wait, what? You saw him in person? o_0 At the store?

5. She might be referring to the "no Photoshop" pictures Soom just put up.

6. im not charmed i think not soomed this time i ll wait

7. Ok, because I think he pretty much looks the same, except less white. XD I didn't have a problem seeing his facial features. Of course, that might not be the problem for some people. If you're Soomed, you're Soomed. If you're not, you're not.:)

8. I'm not a fan of the face, but I do love the dragon idea <3 I think a few changes (to the face, mainly), and I'd consider it if it weren't for funds shortage. But it doesn't really interest me as of now =/

9. Holy cow his clawed feet are amazing! They have such beautiful detail, and the blushing is wonderful!!

And I love his nose so much. :whee: And, well, his face of course. I love how gentle and happy he can look, and suddenly angry depending on the angle. His faceup is stunning! I love the shape of his face. He looks so masculine. <3

10. Darkregrets>> IKR?? Its like my stupid Tender shall. She can look like she's about to cry and at certain angles, a different face. OTL

11. OMG indeed! His claws are big big big. Why does he look different here than in the promo photos? His eye is lighter, much much nicer. He's near excellent. If they paint him this way, I'd have him. If painted this way, his eyes might just work on normal skin. Is it the lighting? I like these photos, they use dark background. It makes a lot of difference.

12. I'm mostly just dissapointed in the pictures of sphaler! They've done so much whiteness that I can barely even tell anything but his eye makeup :( Would love to see some toned down pictures of him hey, and also of him in NS. I doubt I'll be getting anything of his until I see heaps of userpics.
      Except teh wig, I do like that :3

After seeing the Sphaler in Elvesgate:
      Wow, he's pretty. I would not have thought that based off the Soom pics. He has much more of a nice manly face than the Soom pics show!
      Although... does his wig seem too grey/blue compared to his skin? His skin is too creamy to pull it off I think :O They shoulda gone for a cream/grey wig >_<

13. Ok, I got dared to put this up. Please don't shoot me.

Several of us were looking at the initial pictures of him and had the same thoughts -- that he could possibly be the perfect Ancient Martial Arts Master that you see in old films. He just has that look about him, yes?

One of us says "You know, with the long mustache and bushy eyebrows" (or words to that effect.

So I, being nothing if not silly, whip out Photoshop and do a very quick and dirty (as in, this has NO artistic value whatsoever!!) "enchancement."

I send it off to my partners in silly, saying "what strikes my funnybone even more is that the brush I used is called "Fuzzy Cluster Loose."

So, following much hilarity (and stupidity, yes, I'll admit it! :lol:) I present:

Mastah Fuzzy Clustah!

[​IMG]

On the serious side... dumb as this was, it got me thinking that this is a face with one heck of a lot of potential. Really! :)

I now return you to your regularly-scheduled discussion. :)

14. Hahahahaha.
      Actually, I thought the same kinda thing, that he'd be a good old man. I think it was seeing the hands that did that for me >_>

15. Except that...he doesn't look old. o_o

16. ahhh so he does come with a dragonball
      I think

17. I love his chin and his lips. They remind me of Spinel even though he looks nothing like him. :?

18. Okay, believe it or not, I honestly think this is awesome. :D I wish I could afford an additional Sphaler, because I would totally do that; it would work really well for a Chinese-dragon character I have in my head. Don't have the money, though... can't do it. Gotta focus on the main character who's more plot-relevant instead.... :doh

19. *laughs* Yes, that (posting the altered pic) was totally my fault! After they bombarded me with various alterations of said pic I had to keep looking at the split threads. Now it seems I may be getting his face in WS. . . and that is totally Baakay's fault! :lol: