1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SOOM Monthly Doll September the Second Land: Sphaler - Millennium Mireu

Sep 21, 2009

1. Well he's good especialy his eyes shape it brings me calm sensation... but im a little dissapointed >_< he has no wing~ Im hoping he's looks like Heliot but >_< ummm.... but still v.v IM SOOOMEEEDD!!! DX

2. Thanks very much, Bexii! Hmmm, that means I'd have to get body blushing if I want it to match his face...

Luchan - With part of his outfit covering his wrist I can't tell if he'll have more of a transition from his dragon hand to his arm. I'm guessing they'll have something in place (like scales).

Oooo, good question! I wonder if they'll offer animal/human versions like Cass. I was somewhat hoping to get human legs with him, just in case I ever want them. But I'd be perfectly happy with only animal legs.

Don't forget about Soom's new shipping promise too! If he goes on sale soon that means he'd ship around Christmas. :aheartbea

3. He could possibly be a quilin/Kirin? I only say that because the little ones had hooves. Kirin also have hooves but aare often portrayed with 1 central horn, whereas many older paintings and sculptures depict 2 antler like horns.

4. errrr..a bit disappointed..not stunning to me. I feel pretty weired of his chinese style.
      btw he looks like a kylin/Kirin to me 0.0
      If he comes out as a hooved boy I will try to get a piece of him XD

5. phew xD;
      I'm glad that I don't like him at all 8'D
      I was going to prepare myself for another stunning monthly doll that I can't have ._.

6. would he be a kirin? I have a feeling he is.
      because the appearance of kirin looks like this
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:QingQilin.jpg
      His head looks like a dragon while the body looks horsey.
      from wiki: "It is depicted as a dragon shaped like a European-style unicorn, only with a horse's tail instead of a lion's tail."

btw i'm surprise to see nasty comments left on soom site again before the full photos are shown @_@ god... but i'm excited to see his lower part of his body.

7. Those are the Asian unicorns...I don't think they will go that route. I'm pretty sure this will be more of an Asian Lung dragon since the Lung is more well known/recognizable than the k'ilin/kirin/quilin (which ever name you want to go with). Besides, I don't think they would do a unicorn horn along with the deer like dragon horns. It would be too much on a doll! I doubt we will see wings either since Asian lungs don't need wings to fly. We should see dragon claw feet though! :)

8. What he looks like is a Chinese dragon, with the way his horns and ears have been sculpted.

9. If he came with just beasty legs that would be pretty cool too. :aheartbea I wonder what his resin is? It looks white, blushed grey? Or maybe a grey/white mix?

Waaaah! Christmas shipping. :whee:

10. .

#90 dissonant, Sep 21, 2009
      Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    11. Wow interesting.
      Soom's Super Gem MDs always had this "look" to them. You looked at their faces and could instantly recognize that it was Soom.
      Then Cass came out, and while I personally wasn't a fan of her facial sculpt and found her the weakest of all the female MDs so far, you couldn't fault Soom for trying something new with the way they sculpt faces.
      Now we have Sphaler and again, this is such a different look for Soom.
      When I was thinking about what he would look like, I definitely wasn't imagining THIS - had in mind more of a Heliot-esque pointy face

The question is, WHAT IS HE?? Unicorns don't have antlers, and his hands definitely aren't unicorn hands.. then those ears looks like leaves?

The disturbing part is that he looks a lot like my ex. Give him lots of facial piercings and pink and black hair, he would be my ex.
      And this is NOT a good thing as that boy ruined my life!
      Amusingly, Cass reminded me of a childhood bully so, apparently Soom are trying to KILL ME! xDD

Edit : Wait is he a dragon? With.. antlers? xD

12. Chinese dragons do have antlers ^^

13. wow ... i just looked at some of the comments ... 'hands look diseased'. People can be so immature at times.

Anyway, I wonder whether he'll be another hooved doll then if SOOM are going down the Kirin route.

14. If he's a qilin/kirin, I'm Soomed. I missed the boat on everyone with hooves so far, and I'm not really into claws. I *love* the softness of his face, the way he doesn't have the Heliot type look to it, there's just something about the youth combined with the age evident from the hands...my bank account is quivering in terror right now.

Of course, if he's got claws and the rest of him does absolutely nothing for me, yet his face is still as gorgeous straight on, and he's not too terribly far off in color that it'd be impossible to blush a WS head to match, or his to match another body...seems to be enough people here that wished he looked like Heliot that a head of his might pop up on the secondary market to possibly swap for mine...

I really don't know if I'm praying he does have hooves, or praying he doesn't!

15. KIRIN! Hahaha I knew they would release a kirin 8D Its a sort of dragon-unicorn actually~~~

Hmm he reminds me of someone in 12 kingdoms!

Ta-dah~~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin

16. Mmmmm, not so keen on him so far but I might have to get on a split for those antlers...:aheartbea

17. Now I've actually gone back and read this entire thread and yeah, he seems dragon like!
      The antlers even make sense now when I think about chinese dragons. That would also explain why his face has somewhat of a chinese look to it.

He's SO weird. When I first looked at him I went "Huh."
      Didn't hate him or like him, was just completely unmoved in anyway by him.
      Now I've looked at bit more, suddenly I can see his beauty. He really grows on you the more you look!
      Can't wait to see more pictures, even though I won't be getting him!

18. Midnitestar7>> He shouted KIRIN to me 8DD Urgh please don't give him dragon parts.. I'll just rip my bank book apart OTL

I wanna see how he looks like in the frontal view 8D

19. HUmm, so if he is a Kirin, He will come with some sorts of hooves hu?

I hope this will be a little more surprising than that ^^'

20. He looks like a male Amber. I'm not too thrilled with him but I'll wait 'til I see more pictures when he's released before I write him off as boring.